Last updated: 10th of Juli 2011
I thought I'd put together some info for other users of my good old board that are searching the forums for help.
- Install Lion using Maldons method with some USB stick
- Attached you'll find the contents of my /Extra folder, including a working DSDT.aml (auto generated + required changes to get onboard LAN working!) and some required kexts.
- Also attached you'll find a replacement for AppleHDA.kext which enabled ALC888 sound. Install this next to /S/L/E!
- Please remember to edit com.apple.Boot.plist before using it, I defined some stuff like defaultPartition etc in it which most certainly will be different in your setup. Just remove the stuff you're not sure about, most settings are optional anyways.
- Cross fingers, good luck!
Obviously all I did was to put together the required kexts, so all credit goes to the specific developers of other guides I used and those who did the number-crunching for the kexts. Thanks to the community!
Edited the above howto to reflect the changes to the ethernet part, updated Extra.zip with a new DSDT and a working kext for onboard LAN. Thanks to vmaraccini and Makimba! This should now help users with the same mainboard to get Lion up & running in less than 30 minutes