Thank you for your wonderful guide !!
i followed this guide and installed snow with great ease
just one further addition use -v arch=i386 boot flag (just -v gave me a KP.)
i tried various other guides but none helped, not even this one so i came to a conclusion that the problem is with my laptop
CPU temp idle=67 degree and on load around 70 to 77 never crosses 80 same happened after using this guide.
There is no need to use a distro. OS X 10.6 and 10.7 can be installed using the retail disc.
for 10.6 use this http://prasys.info/2...pard-for-osx86/ 2nd Method (Website is down right now)
1. restore the retail iso or dmg to your 8gb + flash drive by the usual method.
2. Use Myhack of snow leopard version. It is pretty straight forward.it also includes MBR fix.press customize tab and choose the appropriate kexts
definitely choose Graphic Disabler if you have ATI mob HD 4570 otherwise it will give you messed up screen.
SleepEnabler should be left out. it might give you a KP.
3.use -v boot flag at the chameleon screen
4.after installtion is complete. this time use -v -x at the chameleon boot screen (trash graphics without -x)
5. complete the the welcome screen procedure.
6. keep ##### snow leopard version( post installation beast or something insanelymac suggests) and install the necessary kexts evoreboot, elliotlegacyrtcfakesmc kext fakesmc plugings sound and ioblockstorageinjector in disk kexts
note. you won't be able to use ntfs or fat32 formated usb in safe mode so download ##### before installation and keep it in usb which was formatted with mac os journaled format ( same format as your flash drive)
7.now for graphics install the kexts which applied to you
i have ATi 4570 so i used ATI4570_by_spyfinch(just google it.)
8.voodoopstate and voodoopower mini for speedstep.
9. i don't use wifi bluetooth so don't know
10. ethernet BCM5784M use BCM5722D.kext
11. dsdt for studio 1555 (google it)
chameleon wizard for boot.plist and smbios.plist
That's pretty much you need to do. now you have a working hackintosh in both 32 and 64 bit mode.
Updating is very easy just download the combo update and just install.
you need to reinstall ethernet graphic and some other kexts.
just follow maldon's guide(awesome guide)
voodoopstate and voodoopowermini for speedstep.
If someone need any help or get any trouble installing just reply..i might help you.
SonofTheGodMember Since 31 Jan 2013
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 01:13 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 5
- Profile Views 850
- Member Title InsanelyMac Protégé
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown