Jump to content

PokeHerOne

PokeHerOne

Member Since 02 Dec 2012
Offline Last Active Nov 22 2014 12:08 PM
-----

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Enabling QE/CI on SVE1711X1EB

07 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

Hi mate, I'm afraid not. I haven't spent any time on this in a while, I am waiting for the public release of 10.8.3 but it seems to be taking forever
7mb vram is pretty awful but it's usable if you just want to browse the web and general use etc.

In Topic: Enabling QE/CI on SVE1711X1EB

20 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

iFIRE can you please insert this card into my dsdt too? i try to use his dsdt as base, but i wasnt able.


Hey man, try this. This is where he put mine. Mine does get picked up but the FrameBuffer isn't loading.
Let me know how you get on

Poke, you are in 10.8.3 ?


I've just tried upgrading to build 12D54 too but still no luck :(

In Topic: Enabling QE/CI on SVE1711X1EB

11 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Poke, you are in 10.8.3 ?


I am indeed!

In Topic: Enabling QE/CI on SVE1711X1EB

11 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Hello PokeHerOne!

I have read infos that the 7650m is based on the same chip as 6650m. Try to add your device ID in infoplists for ATI 6000 series and use framebuffer of this series.

Have fun.


Hey thanks man. I tried that last night but I have just read the last part of your post again, I didn't try 6000 series framebuffers! Will do that tonight.

One thing I am slightly confused with. Before starting this thread, I thought my device Id should be 0x6841, that is what was displayed in system info prior to dabling with any of this. But after researching online and from iFires DSDT injection suggestion, it seems that my device Id should be 0x683F. I have tried searching for the official correct one, but as no one seems to have got the 7650m working yet, I'm not sure which to use, I obviously try both when trying things out but do you know which one I should use for sure?

In ATI6000Controller.kext already present in the plist was 0x6841 and in ATI7000Controller.kext, already present was 0x683F.

In Topic: Enabling QE/CI on SVE1711X1EB

09 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Hello PokeHerOne!

My post #33 was the answer to post #32 of mendietinha.

Concerning your issues I have read in one of your posts, that your vramsize does not show up with correct value. Have you injected the vram size in your DSDT? I think, correct size is important for framebuffer loading.

Could look like this:

“VRAM,totalsize”,
Buffer (0×04)
{
0×00, 0×00, 0×00, 0×20
},

512MB
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x20

1GB
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40

1,5GB
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x60

2GB
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x80

Have fun.


Cool, I added in the VRAM,totalsize segment and my display does pick it up as 2048mb! But, AMDFrameBuffer kext still doesn't load and still no QE/CI :( but it is still progress! Thanks.
I have tried a few framebuffers and a few of the things that I tried earlier in the post again (but not all).

mendietinha, if you add in the VRAM,totalsize segment as Styrian suggests above, you'll need to change the package declaration from (0x10) to (0x12) otherwise you will get a compilation error as the package size has now changed.

Slowly but surely, we'll get there :moil:
© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy