I am new to this and searched the forums to no avail. I am attempting to install a retail Mountain Lion to a new OS X virtual machine in VMWare Player 5.0.0 on Win 7 Home Premium (Core i7). I followed the instructions in
1. Buy Mountain Lion (don't run the installer otherwise it'll delete itself)
2. Convert the installer into an ISO: hdiutil convert "Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg" -format UDTO -o "Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.iso" as mentioned at http://partnerweb.vm...acOSX_10_7.html
3. Copy the ISO (you'll have to rename it from .iso.cdr to .iso) to the host
4. Install Workstation 9
5. Run VMWare unlocker 1.1.0 found here: http://www.insanelym...-os-x-unlocker/
6. Mount the ISO in the machine's CDROM settings
7. Create a new Virtual Machine for Mountain Lion
8. Install Mountain Lion inside the VM
9. Install VMWare tools using darwin.iso that came with the unlocker
10. You're done.
but in Player 5, not Workstation 9 and everything is good to step 8, but when I boot from the iso I get the "beach ball of death" and am unable to get to the installer. I have attached the .vmx, has anyone else had this issue? I would like to install from the clean retail iso!
Sorry, it won't let me attach the .vmx
HineynuMember Since 11 Oct 2012
Offline Last Active Nov 12 2015 06:49 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 2
- Profile Views 855
- Member Title InsanelyMac Protégé
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Hineynu hasn't added any friends yet.
No latest visitors to show