i have bought a dell poweredge 2600 server, 2 xeon procesors at 3.06ghz, 10gb ram, plan to use a pcix graphics card and a generic external usb audio card. ive had a hard time finding actual specs on this thing but i think it has a Single embedded Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit NIC network chip. Dells spec page is http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/pe2600/en/ug/5j718aa0.htm
ive just found now that it is a 2004 server running with Xeon III processors.
i wanted to use it as a 'hack pro' running either lion or mountain lion
1) what are the chances of getting this running lion in the first place? any advice as to what the best way to install would be?
2) will the onboard network work, or is there a patch to make it work?
3) what is the likelihood of getting it running lion with raid working? is there patches required for that?
any help would be great
StevetechXMember Since 15 Jul 2012
Offline Last Active Dec 04 2012 03:24 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 6
- Profile Views 2,218
- Member Title InsanelyMac Protégé
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
StevetechX hasn't added any friends yet.
24 Jul 2012 - 12:53