Atheros 5007eg Wifi, Is there a working solution

keypox

11 posts in this topic

• 8 months later...

I have an Acer Aspire 5315 using Leopard 10.5.4.(iATKOS 4i.iso) and Vista Ultimate

.In Vista under Device Manager it gives me an Atheros 5007EG but on another

hard Disk runing XP it displays Atheros 5006 so i did the following

1.Without installing Airport Update 2008-004 l use kext helper to install io80211family.kext (v.2.1.2)

2. After an restart l noticed that Airport turned on but yellow (No Network) I have tried at least 5

or 6 different versions of io80211family.kext but only version 2.1.2 loads properly and gives me

under System Profiler/Airport Card/ Airport Extreme (0x168c,0x428) and System Profiler/ Extensions

-AirPortAtheros v.3.1.5

-IO80211Family v.2.1.2

I noticed that the networkinterface.plist under /library/preferences/systemconfiguration is en1

If l delete all the mkext files and repair io80211family.kext permissions

(chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/io80211family.kext

chown -R root:wheel /system/extensions/io80211family.kext),

after the next restart the AirPortAtheros /IO80211Family are vanished!!!

3. So I tried the >-f< trick editing f to com.apple.boot.plist

from /Library /Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

as bellow

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key> Kernel Flags </key>

<string>-f</string>

4. Although it gave me kernel panic l rebooted as -v so l reboot again as root user

5.Then without Repair disk permission or repairing io80211family.kext permissions again or anything else

6.l started kismac went to preferences --> driver and add airport extreme passive mode --> Start scan

and after l see network detected, l close it .l went to the airport icon on the top right on my desktop

and my network was listed. I clicked on it

From System preferences/Network the Airport icon is green!!!!Surfing with safari the the wireless Lan LED is

always inactive like if it doesn't work?The only thing thats annoying is that l have to always start

IO80211Family_kext_v.2.1.2.zip

Atheros_5007EG_proof.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to the osx86 things and have an Atheros 5700EG like you people, and I would like to try your solution, but I have another issue (related to network) : welcome/keyboard selection loop, so I can't use kexthelper to install IO80211....

Can it be installed via some terminal (I'm pretty comfortable with linux) ?

Thanks a lot !

I have an Acer Aspire 5315 using Leopard 10.5.4.(iATKOS 4i.iso) and Vista Ultimate

1.Without installing Airport Update 2008-004 l use kext helper to install io80211family.kext (v.2.1.2)

2. After an restart l noticed that Airport turned on but yellow (No Network) I have tried at least 5

or 6 different versions of io80211family.kext but only version 2.1.2 loads properly and gives me

under System Profiler/Airport Card/ Airport Extreme (0x168c,0x428) and System Profiler/ Extensions

-AirPortAtheros v.3.1.5

-IO80211Family v.2.1.2

I noticed that the networkinterface.plist under /library/preferences/systemconfiguration is en1

as bellow

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>-f</string>

4. Although it gave me kernel panic l rebooted as -v so l reboot again as root user

5.Then without Repair disk permission or repairing io80211family.kext permissions again or anything else

6.l started kismac went to preferences --> driver and add airport extreme passive mode --> Start scan

and after l see network detected, l close it .l went to the airport icon on the top right on my desktop

From System preferences/Network the Airport icon is green!!!!Surfing with safari the the wireless Lan LED is

always inactive like if it doesn't work?The only thing thats annoying is that l have to always start

Hello waldisweety,

I have a LG R400 with Atheros 5007eg.

I did the whole procedure, the card is working. IS ACTIVE! THANK YOU. :)

However it is not my wireless network. :rolleyes:

Please help me. :lol:

• 1 month later...

-AirPortAtheros v.3.1.5

-IO80211Family v.2.1.2

as bellow

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>-f</string>

OMG Thank you worked perfectly Apart from you have to start kismac everytime im not botherd

By the way i deleted the -f trick because it was causing kernel panics no side effects though :)

im writing this as we speak from my fujitsu siemens v5535 next....the lan LOL

Thank you soooooooo much

alex

• 4 weeks later...

i got many panics with the different kext files only one would work on my toshiba nb100 try this one just to get the wifi to display as airport being on but not able to scan. then use kismac to set a air port extreme card passive mode in the preferance pane of kismac then scan. it may or may not work . you then go to the normal network preferance and set up wifi as normal it workis sometimes for me and just playing around with this method got it working fairly consistantly. if you need any help then message me

IO80211Family.kext.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey ppl, im new to the forum and to osx86

actually im GNU/linux freak and used it since 2000, time ago i tested those "modified" version of OSX tiger 10.4 for intel and amd, but that is near 3 years ago.

now i bought a spanish version of the MSI wind, AHTEC LUG, but in my case, ive changed the integrated wireless card from realtek to atheros 5007EG, my question is the follow: Is there any manual or tutorial for compiling Kext's or howto to make it workin from the *nix sources? im not sure but i think that this wireless device is still workin on FreeBSD.

The way by using the kismac isnt not a clean way to make a wireless device workin, there must be other way...

so if someone with ideas of kext's and c++ gimme a touch to start workin on this..