• Gentoo
    • Arch
    • Fedora
    • Sabayon
    • Debian
    • PCLinuxOS
    • Linux Mint
    • Ubuntu
    • Hate Linux, BSD and OS X r way better!

41 posts in this topic

I have just tried Mandriva 2008 Spring.

It has managed to really annoy me.

Configuring a working pppoe drives me mad. They have had this bug for ages and they don't seem able to solve it.

Next: the tiny KDE menu. Why? I know it can be configured, but why should I start using a distro with a lot of extra work? And a noob doesn't know how to do that.

And where is the "file manager-super user mode"?

At least I couldn't find it, extremely annoying.

It looks to me that Mandriva has hardly changed since 9.1, five years ago.

I am sorry, because I don't believe Mandriva is a bad distro, but all these issues (and more) are enough to keep me away from it.

Alessandro17

Your bashing distros faster than I can type, really sad to watch people like you that claim to love linux and what it stands for, all you are is a distro elitist. If you dont like Ubuntu get over it, it's really that much of a threat to you and OpenSUSE you have to bash it so much.

Take your pills and come down to earth where the rest of us are.

If you dont like Ubuntu get over it, it's really that much of a threat to you and OpenSUSE you have to bash it so much.

Did you notice that this was a mild rant about Mandriva, not Ubuntu?

Or should I shut up forever because you don't like me?

Now who should take pills?

:(

Thats why I said

Your bashing distros faster than I can type
You need to learn to read proper or stop picking sentences you wish to reply to the most because it suits your hostility.

Why dont you even it out a bit and show us your not a OpenSUSE elitist and bash it.

Thats why I said You need to learn to read proper or stop picking sentences you wish to reply to the most because it suits your hostility.

And why do you care at all other than because of your personal hatred?

I tried Mandriva this morning and I found some annoying issues. I wanted to tell my friends (you are obviously not one).

And stop talking about elitism, as if you were immune of it.

I have just tried Mandriva 2008 Spring.

It has managed to really annoy me.

Configuring a working pppoe drives me mad. They have had this bug for ages and they don't seem able to solve it.

Next: the tiny KDE menu. Why? I know it can be configured, but why should I start using a distro with a lot of extra work? And a noob doesn't know how to do that.

And where is the "file manager-super user mode"?

At least I couldn't find it, extremely annoying.

It looks to me that Mandriva has hardly changed since 9.1, five years ago.

I am sorry, because I don't believe Mandriva is a bad distro, but all these issues (and more) are enough to keep me away from it.

The pppoe thing is a bug, what? <_<

I have been trying to get my pppoe working on it for quite sometime. Thats the reason huh, any idea if they r working on it?

There r a few things I like about Mandriva like their installation process, it similar to Mac OS X. :(

The pppoe thing is a bug, what? <_>

I have been trying to get my pppoe working on it for quite sometime. Thats the reason huh, any idea if they r working on it?

I said it is a bug because pppoe doesn't work. I know what the problem is, but I don't know how to fix it because I am not a dev.

I don't think they are working on it. I have been telling them for several releases. But they couldn't care less.

There r a few things I like about Mandriva like their installation process, it similar to Mac OS X. :(

It is not a bad distro, but there have been arrogant bastards among the devs/staff since I used it as my main distro.

LOL, foreman I haven't been here very long but I have read many of your posts and I disagree with almost every single one of them. You seem like much more of an elitist then those you accuse...

LOL, foreman I haven't been here very long but I have read many of your posts and I disagree with almost every single one of them. You seem like much more of an elitist then those you accuse...

Well good for you, it's your right to disagree, looks to me like you've not formed a proper opinion of anyone else yet.

Just as a change of subject, what do most people here think of KDE and Gnome. I prefer KDE myself. -_-

I prefer KDE. But, as it happens, Parsix has become my second favorite distro.

Parsix is a GNOME distro.

It is extremely nice and stable. It is based on Debian testing, which is very stable these days.

Thus installing KDE is just a matter of "apt-get install kde" or "aptitude install kde" (better).