installed logic 8

recognise presonus :)

will be installing other plugins

Protools will be installed in the future for testing with my m-audio card

Specs:

asus pk5-E/Wifi (motherboard)

Intel Core 2 Quad (cpu)

3 gig of ram (Kingston)

150 gig sata hard-drive for testing ( Hitachi Deckstar)

256 Geforce 7300le Graphics card

with the help of the KALYWAY version 10.5.1 ( :( thanks to the makers )

if you want to know a way of installing .....Kalyway.... just drop me a line and i`ll forward the video tutorial (not made by me ).

Mackie Onyx Satellite - plugged in a cheap no name firewire card on my HackMac OS X 5.5. It is sold out in germany now for a low price (159 €, was 500€ in 2006), offers 2 very good mic preamps and 6 outputs on the base station. Great device, works ootb (no driver needed) with low latency. Great for DJs and other musicians who need to control the music by a seperate headphone channel.

Don't use the bundled Tracktion sequencer software because this DAW sucks (kvraudio.com).

I might be getting one within the next couple of weeks looks like a good all round card, but I'm a little confused about the inputs and how many you can use at a time.

Well... I got a preety scratched and bruised Tascam US-428.

I'm trying to upgrade my stuff and leave behind the controller surface + audio interface.

But I must confess I'm kinda lost with all these latest midi controllers.

(Ok, kill me; I got stuck in time just right when Remote 25 was THE controller...LOL)

Any tips?

L.

Seperate audio always seems to work better than the onboard but with apple since the onboard uses the core audio drivers(as opposed to windows where its microsoft dx and u need a separate interface for ASIO) it might not be as big of a deal. I've always liked to run 1/4" cables right from my interface to my monitors so that there is less chance of sound coloring also.

---Also when buying an external interface go with the firewire even if its a fw400 its much more of a stable connection less bs with the drivers etc trust me on this one! If its a desktop a pci card is always going to be your best bet as far as how well its gonna work for similar reasons. But if u want a portable for convenience/portability/uhavealaptop get a fw if u have the ports.

--- I bought the native Instruments Kore interface/controller and was very disappointed with it. It looked sturdy but the buttons immediately started falling off as did the rubber feet. And the software protection on the Kore and all other NI products is assinine and ridiculous. I ended up using the dynamics cracked versions of software that i paid for because it worked better. {censored}! NI u make decent plug ins but I will never pay for another one because u make it harder to use legitimately than it is to just get the cracks and avoid your service center horse{censored}. I miss my emu0404. RME, MOTU, and Apogee seem to be the best bet if u aren't forced to use pro tools(overrated but industry standard sometimes).

• 3 months later...
Just wanna know what audio interfaces you all use for music creation =]

I use an MBox-2 at the moment on Pro Tools LE 7 but I'd like to bump up my rig! The Native Instruments Audio Kontrol looks nice =]

Oh does anyone have any issues with running Audio Interfaces on Hackintoshes?

I am using an Apogee Duet with a Siig FW400 PCI card. Runs very nice indeed.

I used M-Audio Audiophile 2496, now for Djing i bough one Native Instruments Audio 4 Dj.

And i'm surprised with that, for the price it is very good.

But i'm thinking in one MOTU Ultralite, for recording some voices and intruments.. What do you think?

motu_ultralite.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Emu 0404 PCI with kx 1.21 beta drivers

I want to sell it and get Apogee Duet.

At the moment AD conversion is not the biggest issue cause I don't have external gear to record from....

How better the DA conversion is on Duet compared to EMu?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

M-Audio Ozonic Firewire Interface/Keyboard. Works very well. Never had any issues with the driver except when using Windows XP and that ASIO4all driver.10.5 runs much better than XP did for me. I use with 2 Samson R5A's and 1 R10s Subwoofer.The sub has a matched crossover to work with my R5A's. These speakers have a very clean sound and I use a pair of Audio-Technica ATM50 headphones to a/b my mixes on. Fantastic budget equipment!

Hi every one I never used "audio interfaces". May i know what exactly it is...Thanks for your reply's

Its for musicians to connect their outputs to monitor speakers/ mixers and inputs to instruments/ microphones.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought two of these small usb soundcards, looks like a usb memory stick. Works pretty ok have´nt tried them for recording yet. They´re said to be 7.1 surround in win os so I can´t see why they would´nt work pretty ok anyway. No 7.1 in osx though but they even work in kalys 10.5.1 if you take the AppleUSBAudio.kext from a later os, I´m using the kext from 10.5.6.

Using RME Fireface 800 on a Mac Pro (2006 with Snow Leopard):

100932-1-big.jpg

Great interface! Upgraded from 2x MOTU 828MKIIs and there is a world of difference not just in latency but jitter rejection and more sample accurate. I primarily use Logic 9 and am looking to build a new hackintosh so that I can run even more DSP than my current Mac is letting me (thats if I can get SL to install properly on a PC haha!)

EDIT: Omg that pic is huge - just let me know if it's too big and I'll find another!