Radeon X1300 AGP card - Someone please answer

funkzilla

3 posts in this topic

Hi all.

First of all, thank you everyone for your hard work and for this wonderful forum.

I have Leopard 10.5.2 running fine on my computer. The only thing left is to enable QE. My graphics card is a VisionTek Radeon X1550 AGP 8x card. I've been searching the forums for a couple of weeks and trying different things out, but nothing seems to work. My card is recognized by Leopard as an X1300 with device ID 0x7183. It seems that many other people are having trouble getting the X1300 card working, but are not getting replies.

What do I need to do?

I can provide more information if needed. And I am not in a hurry (well, I don't need it immediately).

I would really appreciate a quick and dirty tutorial for any steps I need to take. Many guides here assume that everyone knows how to do everything.

Thanks in advance.

-Funkzilla

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry no help but I'm in the same boat.

An X1300 device ID 0x7183.

I've read that this card is one which there is no kext for.

Is there any hope for this card?

Gavin

Hi all.

First of all, thank you everyone for your hard work and for this wonderful forum.

I have Leopard 10.5.2 running fine on my computer. The only thing left is to enable QE. My graphics card is a VisionTek Radeon X1550 AGP 8x card. I've been searching the forums for a couple of weeks and trying different things out, but nothing seems to work. My card is recognized by Leopard as an X1300 with device ID 0x7183. It seems that many other people are having trouble getting the X1300 card working, but are not getting replies.

What do I need to do?

I can provide more information if needed. And I am not in a hurry (well, I don't need it immediately).

I would really appreciate a quick and dirty tutorial for any steps I need to take. Many guides here assume that everyone knows how to do everything.

Thanks in advance.

-Funkzilla

• 4 months later...

I installed the Kext NatitX1300.r1v1.Installer for my video card ATI-Radeon

X1550 512MB GDDR2 128-bit, but still without QE.

- My old monitor could be impossible this resource (QE)?

Radeon X1300 PRO Series:

Modelo do Grupo de Circuitos Integrados: Radeon X1300 PRO Series

Tipo: Monitor

Barramento: PCIe

Largura Lane PCIe: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Fornecedor: ATI (0x1002)

ID do Dispositivo: 0x7143

ID da Revisão: 0x0000

Monitores:

StudioWorks 560A:

Resolução: 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Profundidade: Cor de 32 bits

Core Image: Software

Monitor Principal: Sim

Espelho: Desligado

On-line: Sim

Quartz Extreme: Não Compatível :)

Conector do Monitor:

Estado: Nenhum monitor conectado

- It would be a matter of old monitor, or really my video card is not yet supported?