The Poll Is On- Which Mac OS X Distribution Would You Choose?

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Mac OS X Distribution Would You Choose? (1790 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Mac OS X Distribution Would You Choose?

1. Zephyroth 10.5.2 Rev.2 (78 votes [3.98%])

Percentage of vote: 3.98%

2. Kalway Intel/AMD 10.5.2 (792 votes [40.45%])

Percentage of vote: 40.45%

3. Leo4Allv3 10.5.2 Intel/AMD (392 votes [20.02%])

Percentage of vote: 20.02%

4. JaS Intel / Leopard (138 votes [7.05%])

Percentage of vote: 7.05%

5. iATKOS / Leopard (266 votes [13.59%])

Percentage of vote: 13.59%

6. I like Retail Installs with Patches. =) (235 votes [12.00%])

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

7. Neither of them, I'm a chicken. (57 votes [2.91%])

Percentage of vote: 2.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

MiJKa

MiJKa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I would sorely like to vote for the new(ish) JaS release. It's fast and it works. The lack of definition with the patches (and there are a LOT of them optional for you) can make installing it a nightmare for a new user. Heck, it made ME have to stop and think a few times.

Zephyroth works remarkably well, also has a decently fast boot and install time and, as a general sort of thing, seems to work versatilely just about everywhere I've tried it so far (always refering to HW that was supported, of course).

Leo4Allv2 won out, however. It's about as fast as Zephyroth, and requires less post installation patching.

iAtkos, as of yet, I haven't tried. Kalyway was significantly slower for me, both in booting and in installation times.

So I voted for Leo4Allv2. Though I maintain that with a bit of spit and polish, I'd be voting for JaS hands down, no questions asked.

Boot Camp

Boot Camp

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
Doing it Kalyway.

WinLinMac01

WinLinMac01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:I am a technology enthusiast! I've been with InsanelyMac since January, 2008 (My other...
To honor eddie11c's new release (v3), I have updated the existing option of v2 to v3. Those that have already tried it, how do you like the new release?

jizzle

jizzle

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

To honor eddie11c's new release (v3), I have updated the existing option of v2 to v3. Those that have already tried it, how do you like the new release?

i have both Zephy's 10.5.2 Rev. 2 and the first Leo4All. My network card worked out of the box with Leo4All, so prefer this one, but Zephy's 10.5.2 Rev.2 seems to intall faster than Leo4All V.1, currently downlaoding Leo4All V.3, seems like my system will work out of the box with this relase. I will install Leo4All V.3 in two days and i'll post my comments on that.

WinLinMac01

WinLinMac01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:I am a technology enthusiast! I've been with InsanelyMac since January, 2008 (My other...
Eager to hear what other users have to say. =) :D :P :D

i have both Zephy's 10.5.2 Rev. 2 and the first Leo4All. My network card worked out of the box with Leo4All, so prefer this one, but Zephy's 10.5.2 Rev.2 seems to intall faster than Leo4All V.1, currently downlaoding Leo4All V.3, seems like my system will work out of the box with this relase. I will install Leo4All V.3 in two days and i'll post my comments on that.

XoVoX

XoVoX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 46 posts
Zephyroth 10.5.2 Rev.2 works out of the box without any problem.. all others make problems like infinitive reboots, crashs etc.

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
I chose Kalyway, Leo4Allv3, JaS, and Retail. All of them look great.

(MoC)

(MoC)

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • Interests:Plenty.

I chose Kalyway, Leo4Allv3, JaS, and Retail. All of them look great.

I can't wait to see JaS's final release!!!!!!!!!

wanderlead

wanderlead

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i chose iatkos 1.0r2 purely for the smaller download size and number of seeders

works great on my acer L320 book pc

only had problem with drivers not available for on board lan

so bought a datel wii lan adaptor 15

runs great

jpsiemer

jpsiemer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Leo4All v3 is the {censored}.

TuZhao

TuZhao

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I only tried Leo4All v2 and v3 for my first Hackintosh so can't tell much about other releases. But Leo4All v3 is awesome! My vote goes for it.

laneyanders

laneyanders

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I've voted for Leo4all v3 - because it works like a charme. before I've used zephyroth leo X 5.2, it was a bit unstable sometimes and then I borked it the same day when v3 was released.

with v3 all previous problems are away - a very stable amd64 single core hackmac with full qe/ci used for music with logic studio - evaluating the mac platform ;) and it's great!

thanks to all mac-hackers and this wonderful community, you made a dream come true for me!

fabriciom

fabriciom

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
I've been running Kalyway for the past 3 days non stop and it runs smoother than Leo4all v3. I don't know what it was but Leo4all had problems with my HDD.

i_Geek

i_Geek

iGeek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
liked kalyway, but has some issues...

yesterday switched to iatkos. till now - okay.

SinghKing

SinghKing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I use Kalyway becuase I've never had a problem with it since I'd installed it few months ago.
I was having too many problems with iATKOS before I even installed it so i tried Kalyway and it installed without a problem

enyceexdanny

enyceexdanny

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
damn, voted for the wrong one.. Meant to do the last one...

kiwi89

kiwi89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Graphic design, web site design, art, macs, history, coffee, tech, audio production,
Kalyway for me. I havnt tryed out any of the others though.

WinLinMac01

WinLinMac01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Looks like Leo4All is catching up. =)

GeekofComputers

GeekofComputers

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
iATKOS FTW only worked on my system well the v1.0ir2 updated to 3 for my nforce 680i chipset then upgraded to 10.5.2 using kalyway combo everything 100% working even time machine some how is, must be that ATA .mpkg thing

360freak

360freak

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Um..what about BrazilMac?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy