ATI Mobility HD 2400 XT "94c8"

Lucas86

42 posts in this topic

No that's not true. There are no solutions to get QE/CI in internal monitor. 2 cases.

QE/CI with external monitor. (with Natit.kext AND ATIRadeonX2000.kext)

No QE/CI with internal monitor. (and no kext OR Natit.kext)

Natit.kext allow your card to be recognized, and ATIRadeonX2000.kext enable QE/CI, and changing resolutions.

• 7 months later...

i have tried this and other´s method whit no result. My vga card is radeon HD 2400 XT (id: 0x94c8; vendor id: 0x1002; revision id: 0x0000; DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)). Is there any way to make it work, enable QE/CI?! 10x and sory for my english.

acer tm5720

cpu: centrino core duo 2,4G

ram: 4G DDR II 667MHz

wifi: bcm 94312 mgc

vga: HD 2400 XT 256Mb

hdd: 320 G

dual boot Windows 7 + iAtkos v7

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP....

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, i have a half solution for this problem. I got my hd 2400 mobility working on my internal notebook monitor, though i have no brightness, i can barely see the screen and the icons ( it seems that the backlit is turned off) but i see that it's working. I half solved it with an external display via VGA out on my notebook, i can even change its resolution... For information purpose i've used the natit kext inside the last release of iPC. Hope it helps someone to solve the full problem, we are anxious for it... thx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a way to make video work in 1024x768 mode without a need to boot in a safe mode using -x. I know, the performance is very low, but still - that's already something.

I've done it on my Acer Aspire 4920G with the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT (1002 : 0x94c8) on iDeneb v1.3 (Leo 1.5.5). So, here's what I simply did:

1) Log in a safe mode using -x

2) Open System/Library/Extensions - there find the ATIRadeon2000.kext and backup it (just in case)

3) Now copy this ATIRadeon2000.kext somewhere to be able to edit it (I edited one in a texi editor on a Win PC)

4) Open the file you've copied (opens as a folder in win), then open the Info.plist file to edit.

5) Now write the "0x94c8" into the line, that contains versions (usually is like <string>0x94001002 0x94011002 *blah-blah-blah*</string>). I just wrote one in the end of the line just before the </string> tag. Save

6) Now copy the edited ATIRadeon2000.kext back into the Extensions folder on Mac, replacing the old kext.

7) Open Kext Helper b7, and install the ATIRadeon2000.kext, you've edited.

8) Enjoy your low-res screen :)

• 1 month later...

need to do clean install 10.6.3 don't select nothing like ati inject/natit/graphics driver/ ...boot with -x

go in system/library/extension and delete all files with ATI...... all files with names ati

use repair permission and kext utility, after that put the file from attachement in system/library/extension

with kext utility (drag the file in kext utility icon and wait to finnish restart with -f and voila ....1280 with 800 resolution

for ati mobility hd 2400 0x94c9 with no acceleration but with full resolution maybe work also with 0x94c8 please try

RadeonHD.kext.zip

Kext_Utility.app.zip

need to do clean install 10.6.3 don't select nothing like ati inject/natit/graphics driver/ ...boot with -x

go in system/library/extension and delete all files with ATI...... all files with names ati

use repair permission and kext utility, after that put the file from attachement in system/library/extension

with kext utility (drag the file in kext utility icon and wait to finnish restart with -f and voila ....1280 with 800 resolution

for ati mobility hd 2400 0x94c9 with no acceleration but with full resolution maybe work also with 0x94c8 please try

Just want to say thank you! Although I have a Radeon HD 2400 (94c3) - not a mobility - this worked for me. No QE/CI of course, but it got me full resolution.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My man you are a god amongst geeks!!!! This works with 0x94c8 on 10.5.6, now it's working i will update to 10.6.3! thank you soooo much