ATI Mobility HD 2400 XT "94c8"

Lucas86

42 posts in this topic

Has anybody else have the same problem like me?

It just don´t work on my notebook with OSX86.

Is any solution here?

ATI Mobility HD 2400 XT "94c8" 256 MB

Thank you veeeeeeeeeeeery much!!!!

P.S.: I just want to have my notebook working on Kalyway...

I have the same card in my Gateway, with the same devid, 94c8, the netkas site says it will work only with external monitor, I have downloaded every fix for ATI X2XXX cards without luck.

I get the fuzzy graphics as people with 2600 says, Its the only thing for me to get all my hardware working.

Please if some nows how to edit natit to add this card on it, please let me know.

Thanks

Unfortunately, there is no any solution for Mobility HD2xxx seies yet.

I'm waiting for it too with my Mobility HD2600.

Some people in the forum do say that it is very difficult and almoust impossible to adapt drivers for mobile version :P .... too bad!!! :(

PS:Why so many problems with ATI cards? :(

I don´t think i´ts difficul to make this kind of card work, because the driver exist and its working in other hardware, get nvida cards working needs a lot of work, but it happend.

We need to do some research, and with some help from inanelymac guru´s I thinks this will work

And for the beginig post your test and the version of drivers and process you follows.

I have test with 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 and 10.5.2 with graphics update and the same thing fuzzy graphics.

So isn´t a driver issue, if the desktop part works the chips itself it´s supported,

I think we need to edit something to get our hardware supported, and edit the drivers to get our internals displays working too.

Sorry for the poor english

<br />I don´t think i´ts difficul to make this kind of card work, because the driver exist and its working in other hardware, get nvida cards working needs a lot of work, but it happend.<br /><br />We need to do some research, and with some help from inanelymac guru´s I thinks this will work<br /><br />And for the beginig post your test and the version of drivers and process you follows.<br /><br />I have test with 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 and 10.5.2 with graphics update and the same thing fuzzy graphics.<br /><br />So isn´t a driver issue, if the desktop part works the chips itself it´s supported, <br />I think we need to edit something to get our hardware supported, and edit the drivers to get our internals displays working too.<br /><br />Sorry for the poor english<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes AREOS you right! And I think I even know where the broblem is, I suggest that fuzzy screen appears because internal monitors works via DVI but the interface does not correctly supported by present drivers for ATI mobile cards as well as for descktop once.

Unfortunately I do not know how to modify drivers so the only hope for me, as you've already told, on insanelymac gurus.

Meganich:

My laptop has HDMI and VGA video Out, for test porpouse only I connect an external monitor through VGA video Out to probe that drivers give me CI/QE hardware acceleration but I also get Fuzzy Screen.

I´m thinking to probe through HDMI because the laptops with DVI Video Out work if use DVI to VGA Adapter and I have only this kind of video Out.

And thinking about the driver issue wich is sending video out through the wrong output, I think this is controlled by Iago plugin in the ATIDRV driver right?, and for correct this we need a IOREG dump from a real Mac with this card and compare with our IOREG, in this matter there are already some project to get full dvi/dvi or dvi/vga dual display configuration, with some info about how this driver works. In sumary I think we have the info and tools to get this work. Don´t you think?

AREOS,

May be you right. And all what we have to do is to find somebody who could give necessary info you tolked about. By the way... have you ever seen real MAC with mobile HD2xxx series onboard? I havn't :blink: . May be the kind of apple laptops do not for sale in Ukraine?

AREOS,

May be you right. And all what we have to do is to find somebody who could give necessary info you tolked about. By the way... have you ever seen real MAC with mobile HD2xxx series onboard? I havn't :) . May be the kind of apple laptops do not for sale in Ukraine?

No there isn´t, I mean Imac

Current iMacs have a HD2400, mac pros can have a 2600. Whether it's mobility or not shouldn't be a problem.

However, it looks like ATI drivers are adapted especially for the output profile of the actual card they're intended to be used on, whereas nVidia uses a IOReg string to set it on any card using the same generic driver (which implies the driver has the ability to output all formats).

In other words, iMacs have a LVDS screen on the output 1, and an external output 2 => the driver can ONLY output LVDS on channel 1, and DVI/VGA on chanel 2. So theorically, on our hacks the output works, but it sends a LVDS signal on a DVI or VGA output, which obviously can't work. However it should work on laptops that DO have a LVDS screen.

For 2600 cards it is different because they are external, both chanel are supposed to support any type of external screen (VGA or DVI). For this reason, both kind of output is supported on both channels.

So, for 2400, the driver simply doesn't have the ability to send anything else than LVDS. So no way to fix it without rewriting a driver. This is currently worked on, but don't expect anything before a long time, if this project goes somewhere.

The same problem applies to X1600, and probably to all other ATIs that are used on Apple laptops and iMac, and not on mac pro, because they are all destined to internal LVDS screens, and drivers don't need to have support for anything else on channel 1

Well, the last thing I have is hope, maybe Krazubo it´s wrong, his explain seems rigth to me. (Thansk for share with us)

we have two parts of the driver I think (correct me if I´m wrong) 1st.- Frame Buffer thing, ATIDRV Iago Plugin, this give refresh rates, detects dysplay etc, and 2nd.- Graphic Acceleration ATIX2000.kext (with it´s plugins OpenGL, CI and QE).

I remember when I have my X1800GTO and with Tiger 10.4.8 I have to edit this 2 parts of driver with my devid.

If I put in only one of them, I have each of acceleration with mouse tearing or monitor detected and all resolutions. I have to use all the correct settings in both files.

This is what I´m trying to say, if I only have my devid into the ATIRadeonX2000.kext driver and restart I get fuzzy graphics and I can´t see anything. I make an automator scrip to make kexstat and save it to desktop to see if ATIDRV it´s loading and its not loading.

First.- how can I make load ATIDRV driver?

2nd.- if krazubo is right, modd existing drivers teorically give me external display support but don´t. If someone with ATI Mobility Radeon HD2400 xt have external monitor support , please tell me if ATIDRV and ATIRadeonX2000 kexts is loading please...

Well maybe it will be difficult after all get this card workig, but its not impossible, so we need a lot of work, and what are we waiting for?

Good luck

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

any updates with the HD 2400 XT? I just get a gray screen after the Apple screen when I boot... Have tried 3 distributions of iATKOS (10.5.1, .2, and .4) and again with Kalyway 10.5.2... and ATYInject, and Natit, etc.

This is on a Gateway M-series laptop

• 2 weeks later...

My m-6824 and hd 2400 xt will boot correctly. And the screen is ok, just suck at the 1024x728 resolution. I need to increase the resolution any ideas how?

I just added the device id "0x95c8" to the ATIRadeonX2000.kext then installed the kext with Kext Helper and everything boots fine. No gray screen errors.

Please help me find away to get the correct resolution.

it needs to 1280x1024x32

Thanks

Gordon

• 2 weeks later...