SONY VAIO VGN NR160E

Andre Tannus

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys!!!

I´ve sucessfully installed the brand new Kal disto on my SONY VAIO VGN NR 150 E...

I´ll start with what´s NOT working, ´cause that´s what I noticed first... Then, whithin the next few hours I´ll update this topic with my findinds...

Audio is working, but the ALTERNATIVE HEADPHONE/LINEOUT JACK isn´t outputting sound... Get audio from the NOTEBOOK BUILT IN SPEAKERS ONLY.

Screen Resolution options DO NOT INCLUDE 1280x800, which is the screens default... Doesn´t seem hard to fix though

Video acceleration is definetely NOT WORKING because the windows move sluggyshly around the screen.

I´ve tested Time Machine, set and restored backups, so THANK YOU GUYS FOR THAT!

Battery life is either missinterpreted or OSX86 isn´t running on my full core2duo ability, since battery indicates 4 hours left... (i´ve just unplugged the power cord).

Network NOT WORKING... writing this post from my WindowsXP workstation... :)

Well, I seem to be the first with good news on this Vaio... hope to bring you guys MORE good news soon!!!

Will appreciate some help on any of the above issues...

SHOW ME SOME LOVE, VAIO OWNERS!!!! LET´S MAKE THIS TOPIC SCREAM.

cheers.

• 7 months later...

I have a VGN FZ180E, it boots successfully, however

no audio from speakers, webcam not working, wireless not working

I recently fixed my video card to display all the appropriate resolutions with NVInstaller v.41 but only the ports output video, not the laptop monitor itself...I'm sure thats not too difficult to fix, I just don't know how.

It's looking pretty well, its dual booting with vista so I can still use the laptop, if I can't get the parts to work properly I might have to just format and forget.

VGN FZ180E

Core 2 Duo T7300 2.0GHz

nVidia 8400M GT (I believe 256MB, maybe more)

SigmaTel® High Definition Audio CODEC

Intel® Wireless WiFI Link 4965AGN Network Connection

Marvell® Yukon 88E8036 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

Intel® 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller Driver