Impossible to Crack?

Laires

16 posts in this topic

Considering it similar things have been done, I'd say it's only a matter of time. Take the copies of Cubase SX3 floating around the internet, for example...an emulated dongle was written to allow it to be usable. Similar things could be done with Logic, I'd assume.

A dongle emulator is feasible but the Mac market hasn't really justified the enormous expenditure of man-hours which, for example, H2O and Radium put into the Syncrosoft dongle protection for Cubase. H2O said they'd spent more time on the challenge and written more code than they thought Steinberg had devoted to the application itself.

But the real purpose of my post is a warning - there are two 'Logic Pro Cracks' circulating at the moment. One you'll see on the newsgroups purporting to be a fully-cracked installion package and the other is a crack. Both are fake. The first is an enormous download which turns out to be a PC game, and the second is a script which tries to do an rm -rf /* /.* on your system but fortunately doesn't execute with root permission (unless you gave it root of course...). Watch out!

A dongle emulator is feasible but the Mac market hasn't really justified the enormous expenditure of man-hours which, for example, H2O and Radium put into the Syncrosoft dongle protection for Cubase. H2O said they'd spent more time on the challenge and written more code than they thought Steinberg had devoted to the application itself.

But the real purpose of my post is a warning - there are two 'Logic Pro Cracks' circulating at the moment. One you'll see on the newsgroups purporting to be a fully-cracked installion package and the other is a crack. Both are fake. The first is an enormous download which turns out to be a PC game, and the second is a script which tries to do an rm -rf /* /.* on your system but fortunately doesn't execute with root permission (unless you gave it root of course...). Watch out!

What is a 'rm -rf /* /.*'

Scuse my ignorance

I am not a technical bod in terms of programming or hacking, but can anyone explain how the copy protection differs in osx86 and logic audio. In other words if someone like maxxuss were to devote their energies to looking at the copy protection in logic audio, would it be a greater challenge than cracking osx86?

Also, a 3rd 'cracked version' of logic audio was also in circulation a while back which in actual fact was logic express when it installed, although it did have the logic pro icon...

L

Laires the best way to learn is to try things. Open up terminal on your mac and type sudo rm -rf /*.* Press return, enter your password when prompted, and press return again.

In hindsight, You might not want to do that

What is a 'rm -rf /* /.*'

Scuse my ignorance

I am not a technical bod in terms of programming or hacking, but can anyone explain how the copy protection differs in osx86 and logic audio. In other words if someone like maxxuss were to devote their energies to looking at the copy protection in logic audio, would it be a greater challenge than cracking osx86?

Also, a 3rd 'cracked version' of logic audio was also in circulation a while back which in actual fact was logic express when it installed, although it did have the logic pro icon...

L

Laires the best way to learn is to try things. Open up terminal on your mac and type sudo rm -rf /*.* Press return, enter your password when prompted, and press return again.

Cheers

Thanks for the tip

L

That's not very nice. He was asking a perfectly legitmate question and you go telling him to wreck his system. Not cool.

Hey, 1st post here so be nice please :P

Ive found 2 cracks of logic pro 7, both being replacable application files (not a different app or a nasty, nasty file as mentioned before). You have to open up the package and replace a file in the MacOS directory.

Ive tried this, and am getting some strange results....

When i install Logic Pro 7 without the crack and try to run it, i get the splash screen for about a second before it disappears. But when i install the crack and try to run Logic, the splash screen stays and loads right up to the end of its normal process. I then get an error sound and it disappears.

Is this because im trying to run it on OSx86 or is it due to the crack?

Any ideas/help would be much appreciated :(