Forums slow the last few days

39 posts in this topic

Since the last outage the other day I've noticed the site is excruciatingly slow. I'm seeing 30-second page loading times. Sometimes longer. It's possible the problem is on my end but I'm not seeing it on any of the other sites I visit. Anybody else aware of this?

EDIT: When I originally posted this message I had a packet sniffer watch the TCP/IP transaction. After I pressed "Submit", forum.insanelymac.com sent a TCP ACK packet immediately. The "HTTP 200 OK" reply didn't come for another 47 seconds. This is typical for the last couple of days.

I thought it was just me...It is slow,but no IPS Driver Error until now for me...

Same. No errors but it's be slow what feels like 75% of the time the last 3 or 4 days which has kept me off.

First I thought it was my broadband but other sites seem to load fine.

ping is fine, it's just the server itself is slow to replay http requests, memory leaks? issues with the database connection?

That would be my guess since the initial TCP acknowledgement happens almost instantly. But it could still be other things depending on how they're set up with their provider. FWIW just now the response time was much better getting to this page.

EDIT: But when I pressed "Preview Post" it took about 45 secs to come back.

EDIT2: When I finally pressed "Add Reply" it sat there for over 2 minutes before I hit the "stop" button on my browser and pressed "Add Reply" again.

Sorry about this guys. Will be fixed real soon. Also the reason the AJAX stuff doesn't work is because the XMLHTTPRequest is timing out and therefore sending some of the request. Anyway its being looked in to.

Thanks for the update. Also, I did not make that absurd post above on purpose. I was just trying to get my edited post to go through, and even though I did hit Submit several times, it didn't look like that when I did! All the submits look like they got combined somehow. Looking forward to normal operations again soon.

Looks like I spoke too soon. It's really schizo now. I can load 4 or 5 pages in a row with no delays. Then, all of a sudden, it reverts to not loading at all. Then some time later it will start working normally again. And then not respond some more. Still not right.

I'm experiencing (although not as seriously) somewhat the same as BigPimpin. The load times are faster than they were before and they are much better but occasionally it goes "out" again. Does this forum really use AJAX Suhail? Can't see it being used anywhere :huh: