Wireless worked in 10.5.1 but not in 10.5.2

pyrogator

6 posts in this topic

I had installed 10.5.1 a while back and everything worked except sound. I recently redid my system and installed 10.5.2 and the same wireless card I had before doesn't work this time around. The card is a Belkin F5D7000 v4000, which I think was detected as an airport something-or-other last time.

System is as follows:

Intel DP965LT, 3.2ghz p4 (have to use the sleepkernel to boot), 2gb ddr2-800, geforce8600gt 512mb,

500gb (windows) and 160gb (osx) SATA, and several usb drives.

The onboard ethernet port is not detected, but that is fine since I should have wireless available.

Also, any suggestions for a soundcard to get that does work with 10.5.2 ?

Thanks.

Hey I found a solution! If you're using the Kalyway 10.5.2 installer. You need to install the 'wifi_Broadcom_airport' drivers in the customize options before your install. I'm not sure how to install the drivers over your current install but if you feel like re-reinstalling just add those drivers and it'll work like a charm. Good luck!

Thank you, that did the trick. I hadn't really done anything much so just did a reinstall. Wifi works now. Now if I could just find a sound card that definitely works in osx86 - i can get apple HD audio device to appear but I get no sound. Have tried patching using the latest patcher and a linux dump for Sigmatel 9227 audio, but that just ends up removing the device entirely.

Use 1.16 patcher and the 9227.text file on the post! this will remove the AppleAzalia kext which you could do before trying what i said!

SticMAN

Thank you, that did the trick. I hadn't really done anything much so just did a reinstall. Wifi works now. Now if I could just find a sound card that definitely works in osx86 - i can get apple HD audio device to appear but I get no sound. Have tried patching using the latest patcher and a linux dump for Sigmatel 9227 audio, but that just ends up removing the device entirely.