About this Mac

eddie11c

178 posts in this topic

Hi. Does anyone know a good installer like this like OSX86tools so that it autmatically detects any kind of changes to the memory without editing it again? By the way, this one from Eddie does not detect the overclock from 2.44 to 3.4 Q6600. I had to go back to OSX86Tools but the latest won't detect my memory right (2GB PC667 instead of 4GB PC800) if I use it's auto RAM detection (known to be buggy). Is there an alternative for OSX86Tools that's as easy to use?

Gbu,

Alvin

Any chance of getting a snow leopard friendly version of this app???

• 2 weeks later...
Any chance of getting a snow leopard friendly version of this app???

While we are waiting for this snow leopard friendly version show up,

Here is how I did it:

1) Follow Post #76

2) Install AboutThisMac from Post #13

3) It shows info correctly (screenshot as attached) ;)

post-221481-1252277168_thumb.png

you r the man!

it works for me like a charm.

Im running Mac os X snow Leopard on a GA-EP45 EXTREME. Every things work fine. But the graphics maybe has a litle problem. Because I cant play game on it like windows its lagy on game(CallOfDuty4). There is eny thing to make it better or best? thanks.

this is my email: snillboy@yahoo.com

hardwares:

GA-EP45 EXTREME

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9650 3.00GHz

OCZ 8GB 1066 MHz DDR2 SDRAM PC8500 (it shows 800MHz :D .

Asus Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+ 512MB

1TB Western SATA harddisk 32MB.

Does this work on snow leopard ?

Does not work on snow leopard! ;)

omg, i can't believe the inability of some people to simply read.

two posts above yours, on the same page:

While we are waiting for this snow leopard friendly version show up,

Here is how I did it:

1) Follow Post #76

2) Install AboutThisMac from Post #13

3) It shows info correctly (screenshot as attached) ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Working fine for me too, thanks! OSx86 Tools screwed it up, and by doing it manually I probably wouldn't have got the symbols in, so having a quick installer makes it so much easier xD

Besides, for some reason, System Profiler can't get the hardware info anymore (for the first screen) so couldn't see what it would normally be... Not quite sure what exactly caused it, but that's another topic and not something I'm overly worried about anyways.

It would be nice if ATM showed "DDR2 SDRAM" instead of just "RAM", but that's just me being picky, and another thing I'm not too worried about :D

atm.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

nice, that did the trick

Well after a bit of trial and error I figured I would share my progress here to get more people to test it. This is just an installer that grabs your cpu info and outputs it for the "About this Mac" window. Please try it and report back, I have included support for all languages, so hopefully it works for everyone.

AboutThisMac

AboutThisMac.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

For the People where "About This Mac" doesn't work here is a quick&dirty workaround:

Just put CPUInjector.kext from here in your /Extra/Extensions/ or /S/L/E Folder.

After that edit the Info.plist file in CPUInjector.kext

Just add any invalid value for cpu-type (so that your CPU will be recognized as unknown CPU on the next boot)

Example from my CPUInjector.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

<key>cpu-type</key>

<data>

AMD=

</data>

Now my CPU is shown as AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ in about this Mac. The only bad thing is that it doesn't show up in System Profiler anymore.

I also tried adding invalid SMcputype in /Extra/smbios.plist, but this did not work for me, and my CPU still got shown as Core 2 Duo. But maybe it works for someone else. So if you dont want to add an additional .kext, this is the way to go.

EDIT: I almost forgot: You still need to install "About This Mac", this Guide is just for the People where nothing changes after the setup.

• 3 months later...