About this Mac

eddie11c

178 posts in this topic

I am not real sure, I know it works on overclocked systems as one of the people that tested was overclocked quite a bit. Sabr if you can run the command sysctl -n machdep.cpu.brand_string and tell me what shows up. This is where its getting the information from, as far as I could tell from testing this was always acurate.

Thanks a lot for this app! When I run the "sysctl -n machdep.cpu.brand_string" it detects my CPU speed incorrectly. It outputs the string:

Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

But my CPU is overclocked to 3ghz. It shows 3ghz in System profiler.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Speed: 3 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

I am not real sure, I know it works on overclocked systems as one of the people that tested was overclocked quite a bit. Sabr if you can run the command sysctl -n machdep.cpu.brand_string and tell me what shows up. This is where its getting the information from, as far as I could tell from testing this was always acurate.

Hmmm, well, that worked:

picture1qe2.jpg

I'll try it again...

Edit: Nope, still not working. =/

Yours has an odd spacing, I will see if I can remove some spaces to see if it fixes it. Will post you a new link shortly. I will also check something else about the speed.

EDIT- ok try the one attached if you have a chance SABR.

AboutThisMac.zip

Still doesn't work I'm afraid...

just a couple questions, what language are you using? and when the installer runs it should echo a couple commands with your cpu info as well as if cp fails because the directory is not there. Can you tell me what it says?

Here you go:

Installer_Log_13_Apr_2008.txt

I'm using the British English language.

Intel® Core™2 CPU 6300@1.86GHz as you can see for whatever reason it does not like the little R and TM. Do you have these symbols in your character pallete? Maybe your character pallete got corrupted.

I can see them as selectable text in Lazarus Long's post further up...

Well if it is a corrupt character palette browse to /System/Library/Caches and delete the following files then reboot:

com.apple.IntlDataCache.le

com.apple.IntlDataCache.le.kbdx

com.apple.IntlDataCache.le.sbdl

com.apple.IntlDataCache.le.tecx

You would then need to run the installer again. As you see the 2 lines from my log below yours should look very similar.

Apr 13 10:51:40 eddies-macpro31 /private/tmp/scripts.jGpD/./postinstall[1342]: "Intel( R ) Core( TM )2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz"

Apr 13 10:51:40 eddies-macpro31 /private/tmp/scripts.jGpD/./postinstall[1342]: "Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400"

Well if it is a corrupt character palette browse to /System/Library/Caches and delete the following files then reboot:

com.apple.IntlDataCache.le

com.apple.IntlDataCache.le.kbdx

com.apple.IntlDataCache.le.sbdl

com.apple.IntlDataCache.le.tecx

You would then need to run the installer again.

Still doesn't work...

I used the iATKOS_v1.0ir2.iso DVD in case you were wondering... By the way, I'm very grateful for all the help you're giving me. :)

Unfortunately I have no way of knowing if anything is missing from that release. Maybe when I finish up a few more things and have a chance to upload to my FTP I could convince you to give it a try, see if the same problem exists.