Methose

15 posts in this topic

so I have Kalaway 10.5.1 on the following system:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Ultra Durable 2 GA-EX38-DS4 LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX

Processor: Intel Q9450 Quad Core 2.66 Ghz

RAM: 2x Patriot Viper 4GB(2x2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM 800Mhz 4-4-4-12

HD(s): 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750GB 7200 RPM SATA

Optical Drive: ASUS 20X DVDR with LightScribe SATA

Video card: SAPPHIRE Ultimate Edition Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit PCI-E 2.0 x16

Case: Antec P182

PSU: Corsair 620W

I have Vista Ultimate 64 on one drive in SATA port 1, partitioned into a 100GB and the remainder in another partition on the same disk. And OS X installed on the other drive.

I am really wanting to get my Digidesign Digi001 work on this system.

I was wondering if anyone has succeeded at anything like this? Also what steps should I take to make this functional. I thought about just throwing the thing in there and seeing what happens, but I figured I'd at least ask before I tried.

I plan to use Logic Pro 8 (already installed on the system) for my DAW, but am willing to use whatever version of ProTools if need be.

Please help!

yes, please tell me what you find.

I plan to just attempt a normal install as if tis were your typical Mac, running the instructions found on Digidesign's site.

someone has bound to have done this :( before; come on now, speak up, any information would be helpful.

It doesn't look like it would work due to the fact that Digidesign has dropped support for it in the latest CoreAudio driver. :)

The latest driver that will work in Leopard is PPC only.

Such a shame, the Digi 001's are great cards, but let's face it, it's ancient.

It doesn't look like it would work due to the fact that Digidesign has dropped support for it in the latest CoreAudio driver. :(

The latest driver that will work in Leopard is PPC only.

Such a shame, the Digi 001's are great cards, but let's face it, it's ancient.

oh without a doubt, they're ancient. I've had mine for 8 ~ 9 years :D

well I kinda think it would be worth a shot to try it, but IDK where to begin.

ok, so next question (if no one can help with installing the 001), what sort of fierwire interface should I be looking into, that will work with OSX86? Something compairable to the 001 as far as inputs, but perhaps a little higher quality.

In other words, what do you guys have out there WORKING in an OSX86 machine?

I may have found another piece to this puzzle. When I tossed the Digi 001 back into my G4 and loaded Leopard on it I was prompted to install Pace Interlock after installing the Coreaudio driver from Digidesign. It said the Digi driver would work without it. This may explain why the card wouldn't work in either my G5 or my Hackintosh.

Gonna go give it a whack again.

I may have found another piece to this puzzle. When I tossed the Digi 001 back into my G4 and loaded Leopard on it I was prompted to install Pace Interlock after installing the Coreaudio driver from Digidesign. It said the Digi driver would work without it. This may explain why the card wouldn't work in either my G5 or my Hackintosh.

Gonna go give it a whack again.

Oh, please do keep me updated. I feel we must be the only two hackintoshers with digi 001s :D

So if I get this right, you're going to try NOT installing the Pace Interlock, as it doesn't say that it is required to operate?

And that further more, you DID install Pace Interlock on your prior attempts and the 001 was not functional?

I wasn't being prompter to install PACE on the Hackintosh so I dl'ed and isntalled it myself.

But still no go. :(

It would seem the only driver that works is PPC only and wont load. The error says something like it won't work on Intel Macs.

Now, I'm using an AMD based Hackintosh so I dont know if Rosetta would kick in on an Intel based system. But something telles me it wouldn't as it's a driver.

So it would seem we're out of luck on this.

well, bout time to update anyway. I'm looking into an RME fireface interface to replace my 001. Wonder if there will be driver problems there as well B) . Guess I'll start another post about that one.

Thanks for all your help on this Iced, but I suppose it's time we move on :)

GL with your Alesis io 26.

I'm trying to get mine working on Leopard too.. Kalyway 10.5.2..

Intel P4 3.2ghz. (pretty much stock Medion Composer 5200 except for ati x1600)

So far no luck even finding a driver for it. It would be nice to have for light-pipe I/O.

Meanwhile, my Tascam DM-24 with the firewire card works great under 10.5.2.. but it's firewire, which uses a standard kernel driver. (24 simultaneous In's / Out's) Works great in Logic Pro, and even the Audio/Midi setup app in OS X sees all 24 IO's, just no software volume control, but I dont need that.. it's a mixer.

If you find a solution for the 001+Leo+Intel, please post it here!

Thanks,

JC

so I have Kalaway 10.5.1 on the following system:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Ultra Durable 2 GA-EX38-DS4 LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX

Processor: Intel Q9450 Quad Core 2.66 Ghz

RAM: 2x Patriot Viper 4GB(2x2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM 800Mhz 4-4-4-12

HD(s): 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750GB 7200 RPM SATA

Optical Drive: ASUS 20X DVDR with LightScribe SATA

Video card: SAPPHIRE Ultimate Edition Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit PCI-E 2.0 x16

Case: Antec P182

PSU: Corsair 620W

I have Vista Ultimate 64 on one drive in SATA port 1, partitioned into a 100GB and the remainder in another partition on the same disk. And OS X installed on the other drive.

I am really wanting to get my Digidesign Digi001 work on this system.

I was wondering if anyone has succeeded at anything like this? Also what steps should I take to make this functional. I thought about just throwing the thing in there and seeing what happens, but I figured I'd at least ask before I tried.

I plan to use Logic Pro 8 (already installed on the system) for my DAW, but am willing to use whatever version of ProTools if need be.

Please help!

eh, got a digi 003 instead of spending more down time. I would still love to know how to get it going though, if anyone figures it out (I could then use both, and have the extra pres!)

was a little bit work, but the 003 is installed and working['knocks on wood'] on kalaway 10.5.1 (I haven't tested midi yet, that will be tomorrow).

I used PT 7.4cs3, the 7.3 and 7.4 versions were not recognizing the device, but the "beta" version worked. I hear they are actually done with the Leopard capability on the ProTools side, but they are waiting for their partners that produce plugins o catch up to the newest mac OS.

please anyone that gets the 001 working, post something here to let me know.

I too have the 001 and an old G4 digital audio upgraded to 1.6 dual cpu. I would rather not run the ancient 10.3 OS but I don't want to toss the 001. I don't know any other way to run it. It pisses me off because the hardware is still good. It would be like throwing out a guitar because it's old :( i thought there was something called vintage. So i might just have to retire the G4 and just use my hackintosh and my Firebox, but i want to run protools for simple audio editing. The mbox v1 i have sounds so bad, so i'm skeptical about getting anything by protools. It is a proprietary dead end.

Any ideas please post