boot camp + windows xp 64 bit + x360 controller ?

ahobbit

4 posts in this topic

Hi!

Had a question in terms of using an xbox 360 controller on my mac.

I have an odd setup, it works super fast when everything is compatible, however I want to get many opinions on whether this would be plausible before I spend the cash.

I'm running boot camp on a 70GB drive with windows xp pro 64 bit installed (yes, I got all the drivers for everything important.. video, audio, internet) And I've been running crysis, bioshock and all these awesome games almost flawlessly, bioshock crashes a lot but I googled it and apparently bioshock crashes pretty much regularly.

Anyways, I want to buy an xbox 360 controller for the FPS stuff like gears of war etc. Would I be able to use a controller while under boot camp on a 64 bit OS?

• 2 weeks later...

I would think so. If you're using boot camp, you're using windows. I have Windows x32 on my Mac Mini. I use the Wireless Gaming Adapter with my wireless XBox 360 controller for things like ePSXe and Project64. It works fine. I don't know about x64 support for controller drivers, but it probably exists. Just get those drivers and you should be good to go. Google is your friend for that.