New Kalyway 10.5.2 Release!

168 posts in this topic

I like my new internet connection, I just downloaded all 3.65Gb in a little over an hour, thanks to some seed in Russia, maxed out at around 920Kb/sec or so. Awesome! :( It's going to take me forever to Equalize by ratio, I'm only at 0.100

I shall now burn and attempt to install.

The Leo4all installer isn't the best, apparently, and in my case I had to type -legacy in order to get past a jam. I tried it a second time with cpus=1 and that worked too. Otherwise, annoying question but did you burn at eight speed or less on good quality media and get both Toast (if you're using toast; I have never got a Leopard repack to work at a burn of higher than 8speed) to confirm the image burned okay and the installer itself to check the integrity of the installer DVD? Leo4all is about to go to Version 3 and apparently no longer has the ACPIPS2Nub problem on install/boot. Hope this provides encouragement. :(

Well, actually, I used Disk Utility on my Mac Mini to burn most of my DVDs. And, no, I didn't pay attention to the speed and, yes, I let it verify at burn time. Didn't try checking it when I installed it, though. I don't think I got to that point before Leo4Allv1 barfed. I'm very interested in Leo4Allv3, because it seems to have a new forcedeth (NForce LAN) driver. However, I can't seem to find it in the usual place.

There's probably a quad-core Intel in my future anyway. OS X on AMD is too flaky anyway. Maybe even a Mac Pro, but I gotta save those pennies. Maybe someday Apple will release an expandable tower at a price point mere mortals can afford...

Burnt and installed without issue, (well other than the known AGP graphics glitch anyway) Everything works, reports itself as a Mac Pro. I am however using a 3Com EtherLink 3C905B-TX PCI card as the onboard port (Realtek PCI LAN 8101L) doesn't work. Last time I tried installing from 10.5.0, it hung every time it got near the damn thing, disabled via the BIOS.

ASRock 775i64G R2.0 Mobo (1.80 BIOS I think, recent anyway)

Intel 865G Northbridge

Intel ICH5 Southbridge

2Gb RAM

AC97 Audio (Cmedia 9761A 5.1 audio)

3Com EtherLink 3C905B-TX (PCI NIC)

Core2Duo 2.67Ghz Conroe (E6700)

ATI X800XT AGP (256Mb, but only 128Mb recognised)

3x Seagate 320Gb 7200.10's (ST3320620A) ATA

1x LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-16H5S (DVD-DL+LiteScribe, firmware LS0W)

USB2.0 works, sees the Drive I have hooked up via an IDE -> USB connecter and is reported as such. Asked me if I wanted to use it as a time machine drive on initial boot.

OSX is on the primary master, prints garbage to the screen but boots without issue. Typing this from Safari 3.1.1, which came from a software update download on initial boot.

Didn't change the installer much, just added extra apps. removed something I didn't need, but apart from that it "just worked" I'll check whether is works with my Apple USB keyboard later.

First time installing osx86. I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2 and can't get video going. I've tried all the kernels and both amd patches. I'm installing on a Acer aspire 5100 series, turion64 single core 2Ghz, 2gigs ram, ati radeon xpress 1100. I've tried to find info on my vid card running 10.5.2 but everything I find only applies to older versions.

IF you are like me, the chace of making your own mac for a couple hundred $ is an opportunity too good to pass up. Well let me tell you as someone with a lilte bit of knowledge about this whole thing. It will drive you crazy!!!!

If you don't want lots of install problems then please got to the hardware compatibility part of this site and use/buy a computer exactly like the one described- EXACTLY!!! Then you will have little to no problems.

Laptops are the easiest to convert if you have the right model number as described.

Here is what I think is the biggest piece of advise I can give noobies with problems:

IF ITS NOT INSTALLING THEN START SHUTTING DEVICES OFF IN BIOS.

I had an old Dell 4600 and JaS 10.4.7 worked perfectly, except for no Quartz Extreme which is needed for Final Cut Pro.

One of the most frustrating things you will encounter is that most of the instructions are so specific that they are kind of useless- but you still need to read them because you are going to have to experiment with different install/bios/hardware configurations. It took me a long time to figure that one out.

Once you do get basic fucntionality then make a image of the disc as soon as possible. Trust me it will be a big help when you mess it all up.

That's all for now!

My OS X 10.5.2 Kalyway runs fine on my dual boot machine.

I haven't tried to install many apps yet. But, I notice my internet

works alot better under OS X than under Windows XP. This is weird.

Under XP, my cheap router box locks up frequently when downloading

many torrents simultaneously, using Azureus and or utorrent. I then have to reboot the

router. But, under OS X, Azureus runs all day without locking up the router.

Some things I notice so far: Toast 7.1.3 works. But, Toast 9 doesn't even start up.

Maybe some setting I don't know about is required to fix this. But, overall OS X

runs fine on this mobo.

• 2 weeks later...

So far, so good. Everything seems to work great with my system, without needing to add any extra tweaks, kexts or anything... though there may still be one or two things I haven't discovered yet. This is great!

Thanks, Kalyway... :P

first post - thanks to everyone on these boards and especially the developers for helping me get my first hackintosh up and running. i haven't used a mac since high school when i worked on the school newspaper...recently been playing around with linux as an alternative to vista, and decided to build one of these. it was no harder than getting ubuntu up and running for the first time on my old pentium 4.

Motherboard: Asus M2A-VM

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.2GHz

Graphics: MSI NX8400GS 256MB DDR2

Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) G.Skill

Hard Drive: Western Digital 250GB SATA

DVD-ROM: Lite-On 20x DVD Burner (IDE)

Power Supply: Antec earthwatts 380w

Case: InShin R525

Logitech PS2 Keyboard/Mouse

all new from newegg except the case which was cheap at the local computer shop, and this system was built for a whopping $372.57 including shipping.

first i tried Leo4all versions 2 and 3 but could not get either to get past the root device error. Kalyway booted on first try (at least with the BIOS settings i had changed already while trying Leo). installed with no problem. system boots up in 1 minute. seems like most things are working...issues so far are that i lose keyboard/mouse coming out of sleep and USB drives will not mount without reboot. i haven't gone through the posts to figure out how to fix these yet, but will soon. sound and internet both worked straight off, video works with NVinject. at some point I will test the onboard graphics, but not yet.

many thanks!

Hi,

I have the same board and i had fix USB by changing System.kext version. Use a 9.2 version because the Kernel is not a 9.2.2 version. I installed Apple Keyboard Aluminium and sometime, i loose it but i just reconnect to work, not yet fix it. I tried internal ATI 1250 video card but i can't find solution now. I used EN 8600 Nvidia, better.

I have a Intel too and this is more stable than AMD. Hope help you!

• 2 months later...

Yeah

I have Graphic Card: ATI_Radeon_HD_2600_XT_AGP (this one no need for natit and white menufix)

buh, lol. i will to install with Mac OS X Leopard on normal computer Fujistu Siemens ;)

Wow. That is cool for Mac OS X. But i tried old version od Mac OS X gives bluescreen and my old grafic card x700 was killed by Mac OS X Tiger, because it is worng driver by ATI Technology... Who has worng drivers on the dvd / CD, tzhan everybody muist to give a lot of money.. :)

Thanks Bye Joe

• 2 weeks later...

I´m newbie in the osx86 installation.

I have an Asus Maximus Formula mobo with a XfX 8600 GT graphic card and Kalyway Leo 10.5.3 patched and it´s OK...

I can´t do a "dual boot" in this machine, but F8 button saves the day... :thumbsup_anim:

Iatkos gives me "panic" after first reboot, but with Kalyway all functions are ok.

With the update to 10.5.3, I use the 9.2 Vainilla core...

Kalyway 10.5.4 coming soon?

• 3 weeks later...