New Kalyway 10.5.2 Release!

168 posts in this topic

i have the same problem i burned 3 dvds at different speeds thinking it was the dvds but i always got the IOAPIC error. anyhelp from anyone here?

The same problem on Dell Vostro 1400. Is there any way to bypass kext responsible for IOAPIC?

Did kalway modify any of the retail contents of the DVD? What was taken out from the original Apple DVD? What was added? Specifics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have one quick question, i installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and boot fine with both cores. It has been running with both cores for the last 3 days without any glitch, but today I have to shutdown the laptop and bring it to work. Now it kernel panic when boot with both Core.

HP Compaq NX7400

Intel Centrino Duo T5500

2GB DDR2 667

great kalyway!

i have tested the previous release (10.5.1) it work fine on my Medion MD96350 with some modification, exept the wireless.

i give a try for this release.

thank to insanelyMac.

Ok i downloaded this and everything, burned it and ETC!

I first Installed it without clicking customize and stuff and it fully installed. (i had no sound, video or network drivers.) And it worked perfectly (instead of sound, network and display)

The second time i reformatted etc.. and i actually picked it to installed Ati graphics driver and the sound and everything from the custimize, also a couple extra programs...

After the install was finished (rebooted) the apple gray loading thing came up and loaded. Just before the login screen came on my monitor turned to standby with the yellow light. This usualy hapens when i turn off my computer. But, The computer was still on and stuff.

My first guess was that the monitor couldnt read the network drivers but i do have a Ati Radeon X1000 series card. And on the change log it says added functionality.

Can anyone help me! Do i need to install anything else from the custimize screen for it to work???

Ok i downloaded this and everything, burned it and ETC!

I first Installed it without clicking customize and stuff and it fully installed. (i had no sound, video or network drivers.) And it worked perfectly (instead of sound, network and display)

The second time i reformatted etc.. and i actually picked it to installed Ati graphics driver and the sound and everything from the custimize, also a couple extra programs...

After the install was finished (rebooted) the apple gray loading thing came up and loaded. Just before the login screen came on my monitor turned to standby with the yellow light. This usualy hapens when i turn off my computer. But, The computer was still on and stuff.

My first guess was that the monitor couldnt read the network drivers but i do have a Ati Radeon X1000 series card. And on the change log it says added functionality.

Can anyone help me! Do i need to install anything else from the custimize screen for it to work???

Ehm......try and type F8 at boot (without the OSX cd in the drive) and type "-v"for verbose mode. You might be able to see where your OSX boot freezes.

Yes, I am curious about this too. Does anyone have the checksum on this? I looked in that body of water which is smaller than a gulf and larger than a cove in a recess in the shoreline where those who rob at sea or plunder the land from the sea without commission from a sovereign nation are know to frequent. Nada.

why not just say "the bay" :P

I installed the USB fix but sometimes when I logon the Leopard the Keyboard and other USB doesnt work.. I need to unplug and plug again, but sometimes i need to reboot... Does anyone know how to fix this pls?

by the way... the 680i ethernet doesnt work.. says no Cable plugged...tried in both ethernet, tried the cpus=1 .. power off..etc... nothing work...

Despite the workaround I am having USB problems. My USB soundcard isn't recongnised at all and sometimes my USB hard drive isn't recognised. The first USB device to be plugged in is almost always recognised and continues to be recognised if unplugged and plugged back in, but subsequent devices aren't always and I have to reboot. As said, no joy with my USB soundcard, which is a pain.

Also, I have three partitions, one with Vista and the other two with Kaly. Quite often when I try to boot into Kaly the boot stays frozen on the grey screen with the darker grey apple. If I reboot a few times it works but sometimes I find the keyboard doesn't work. It's just about tolerable but switching on and off causes wear and tear that I could do without. Will be glad if someone finds a fix for this. Why is this happening with Kaly and not iATKOS? I need to try the latter again with the 9.2.0 speedstep kernel but I'm fairly certain I have done so before and had no problems. I moved over to kaly because of the powermanagement/working battery meter.

I've been using Kalyway 10.5.2 for almost three days now, and I must say: this is the BEST.OSX86.RELEASE.EVER!

Everything works out of the box, the installation is much faster than before, and the whole system feels absolute perfect! My Hackintosh, for the first time ever, passed my stability test: 36 hours on straight with no freezes, kernel panics or sleep problems. And for dual boot users, good news: the installer no longer corrupts Vista's MBR.

god, what is wrong with the kalyway group, not that the new one isn't good, but they add little things that look hideous, being a designer my self I can't stand it :D, for example they changed the "About This Mac", image to a black one, sigh stick to the original please! I know how to change but it saves us the trouble of fixing the little things. Anyway the release is really good, fast, I think just as fast as Kalyway 10.5.1 with the Combo Patch installed. Still I liked how it worked for me out of box, I still have booting issues though, I can't boot without DVD.

Ehm......try and type F8 at boot (without the OSX cd in the drive) and type "-v"for verbose mode. You might be able to see where your OSX boot freezes.

I did, the errors were too fast too read except for the some saying something about Family Matching = 2 Which was an error.

Then it said launching and it booted and my monitor again turned off

Can someone tell me if I can do the the automatic Software Update, "Mac OS X Update"? Will it work OK?? Sorry, I'm new to this and don't know if it is that easy to upgrade.

PS:I only had to install 2 drivers to get the video card and sound working.

Despite the workaround I am having USB problems. My USB soundcard isn't recongnised at all and sometimes my USB hard drive isn't recognised. The first USB device to be plugged in is almost always recognised and continues to be recognised if unplugged and plugged back in, but subsequent devices aren't always and I have to reboot. As said, no joy with my USB soundcard, which is a pain.

Also, I have three partitions, one with Vista and the other two with Kaly. Quite often when I try to boot into Kaly the boot stays frozen on the grey screen with the darker grey apple. If I reboot a few times it works but sometimes I find the keyboard doesn't work. It's just about tolerable but switching on and off causes wear and tear that I could do without. Will be glad if someone finds a fix for this. Why is this happening with Kaly and not iATKOS? I need to try the latter again with the 9.2.0 speedstep kernel but I'm fairly certain I have done so before and had no problems. I moved over to kaly because of the powermanagement/working battery meter.

Detosx, this might fix your USB problems:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95789

I couldn't get my system to recognize any USB drives with USB 2.0 enabled, plus I kept losing the keyboard and mouse when I flipped away from my Hackintosh with my KVM. If that fails, you might try turning off USB 2.0 and/or Legacy USB mode. If your USB soundcard is an Xmod, it should still work at USB 1.1 speeds.

I have dual lan on my DFI expert mobo

Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 based Ethernet Controller and NVIDIA nForce4 ethernet

what LAN drivers do i need to select skge or forcedeth ?

Hi, just downloaded this and im kinda new to this!!!

My System:

Dell Inspiron 1520 (With BIOS series A00)

Core 2 Duo 1.66Ghz T5450

2gb Ram

120gb SATA HDD

Broadcom 440x Ethernet

Intel/PRO 3945abg Wireless

I put in the DVD and press a key to continue and get a permenant hang on

IOAPIC version 0x20 vectors 0:23

I have tryed different combo's

-v = IOAPIC Hang

-x = Big list saying loading "....." then it passes the "IOAPIC version 0x20 vectors 0:23" and FREEZES AHHH

-v cpus=1 = IOAPIC Hang

-v cpus=2 = IOAPIC Hang

-x cpus=1 = Same hang as -x

-x cpus=2 = Same hang as -x

-v -x -y cpus=1 = Same hang as -x

-v -x -y cpus=2 = Same hang as -x

I have also made sure that in my bios the harddrive is set to AHCI not ATA. this is a problem that i have seen in the forums aswell.

and i gather that Kalyway 10.5.2 only works on AHCI.

Plus once i have got the DVD booting i am trying to BOOT leopard from external USB Hardrive so any pointers on that would be great!!!

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS!!! It seems like loads of people have this problem. So any help would be greatly apprietated!!

Thanks Jon

Hey..

I very love your Kalyway 10.5.2.. I had already install it in my past MacKiller.. but now i have some problem to my new MacKiller.

here is my computer setting.

ASUS P5E

SAPPHIRE 3850

I can install it very fast, but when i start it up, i get something like the screen error.. with colorful line screen..

Thanks,

Jackie Lee

I installed Kalyway DVD with amd patch #1 and sleep kernel which is the default and after 5-10mins of use Leopard freezes =\ and I have to manually reboot it + about this mac shows cpu 1.75ghz and not 2.70ghz (i have it running at that) but stock speed is 1.80ghz and also then my 7950GT 256mb wouldnt show up as that but instead NVIDIA (256/QE/Stock) and thats it

I installed Kalyway DVD with amd patch #1 and sleep kernel which is the default and after 5-10mins of use Leopard freezes =\ and I have to manually reboot it + about this mac shows cpu 1.75ghz and not 2.70ghz (i have it running at that) but stock speed is 1.80ghz and also then my 7950GT 256mb wouldnt show up as that but instead NVIDIA (256/QE/Stock) and thats it

As far as freezing goes, I'd try the v2 kernel patch. Made my system much more stable. I'd also try running your RAM and CPU at stock speed and see if the system stays stable. If running at stock speed gets your system stable, then I'd try overclocking in stages, say upping it 100-200mhz each time until you find the sweet spot.

Detosx, this might fix your USB problems:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95789

I couldn't get my system to recognize any USB drives with USB 2.0 enabled, plus I kept losing the keyboard and mouse when I flipped away from my Hackintosh with my KVM. If that fails, you might try turning off USB 2.0 and/or Legacy USB mode. If your USB soundcard is an Xmod, it should still work at USB 1.1 speeds.

Hi there, I actually suggested that one to someone else having thought I'd solved my problems with it. It worked with my SD card reader but subsequent devices like my usb hard drive would require a reboot, the USB sound card - Xmod - wasn't seen at all. I moved to Leo4all, again using the speedstep kernel. No problems so far but it lacks a few bits and bobs that I like about Kalyway. Fun and games. Thanks. :)

Hi there, I actually suggested that one to someone else having thought I'd solved my problems with it. It worked with my SD card reader but subsequent devices like my usb hard drive would require a reboot, the USB sound card - Xmod - wasn't seen at all. I moved to Leo4all, again using the speedstep kernel. No problems so far but it lacks a few bits and bobs that I like about Kalyway. Fun and games. Thanks. ;)

Even with that fix, I find that I occasionally have to resort to terminal to manually enter that kextload command. Annoying. I tried Leo4All first. It boots, but as soon as it gets the install stage, it reports that it can't find any installation media, despite the fact that it booted off the same flipping DVD. Bother. Glad you found something that works for you....

kalyway 10.5.2

intel hp pavillion 6563CL, all working, except wireless (intel 4965agn), audio through hdmi, shutdown, mute, auto switch headphone. (acl 268)

only 3 other minor problems that are bugging me:

- I think I got a memory leak.. after using it @ work all day, closing all programs, I still have 1.5gb ram allocated and the responsible is not being shown up on activity monitor.

- itunes/frontrow sometimes just freezes the entire system (beach ball of death), need to hard shutdown.

- Slow effects after boot... ie:f12 to dashboard is slow... stack folder display too. after like 20 minutes, all effects run smooth till I restart again.

Even with that fix, I find that I occasionally have to resort to terminal to manually enter that kextload command. Annoying. I tried Leo4All first. It boots, but as soon as it gets the install stage, it reports that it can't find any installation media, despite the fact that it booted off the same flipping DVD. Bother. Glad you found something that works for you....
The Leo4all installer isn't the best, apparently, and in my case I had to type -legacy in order to get past a jam. I tried it a second time with cpus=1 and that worked too. Otherwise, annoying question but did you burn at eight speed or less on good quality media and get both Toast (if you're using toast; I have never got a Leopard repack to work at a burn of higher than 8speed) to confirm the image burned okay and the installer itself to check the integrity of the installer DVD? Leo4all is about to go to Version 3 and apparently no longer has the ACPIPS2Nub problem on install/boot. Hope this provides encouragement. B)