New Kalyway 10.5.2 Release!

168 posts in this topic

Well....i installed this release but now instead of just shutdown not working (in Kaly 10.5.1) reboort doesn't work aswell.

Seems i will have to go back to the drawing board for this since i really would like to keep the original 9.2.2 kernel.

I have a few questions about this release.

1. How the hell do you use that add_kext_to_dvd command? I can not understand the readme that is included. I have x3100 graphics and all I need is paulicats natit.kext added to this disc as the x3100 driver that is included does not work for my system. I get no QE/CI with it. There is already a natit.kext in the folder with that command that is also confusing, as I thought a natit was a driver the bridges a video card to a driver and frame buffer. CAN someone understand how to use that command (hopefully I can use it for what I want)?

2. I am having some strange issues with USB with this release. USB works when i start the system and have a device in but then if I take all USB devices out I lose USB from that point until I restart. I have Never had USB problems with any release ever 10.5.0+ & I have used netkas SS 9.2.0 kernal with my system before with iatkos. Possible related to system.kext I think. I would like to find a better solution then the Lingon app fix I just found as that is a somewhat dirty work around.

THANKS for your suggestions

I have a few questions about this release.

1. How the hell do you use that add_kext_to_dvd command? I can not understand the readme that is included. I have x3100 graphics and all I need is paulicats natit.kext added to this disc as the x3100 driver that is included does not work for my system. I get no QE/CI with it. There is already a natit.kext in the folder with that command that is also confusing, as I thought a natit was a driver the bridges a video card to a driver and frame buffer. CAN someone understand how to use that command (hopefully I can use it for what I want)?

2. I am having some strange issues with USB with this release. USB works when i start the system and have a device in but then stops working after a few mins. I have Never had USB problems with any release ever 10.5.0+. Possible related to something I should not have picked during setup. Anyone else have this problem? Or know what it is?

THANKS for your suggestions

I have the same problem with your querries no. 2. I hope somebody will come up with the solution..

Saluti...

I have the same problem with your querries no. 2. I hope somebody will come up with the solution..

Saluti...

Just found this:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=98086

Gonna try asking there.

Please though if anyone here knows PLEASE respond to these problems HERE I'll be checking both.. This release is the closest to a working 10.5.2 I have found for my system.

Guys?

Compaq Presario M2000 Series

with installed Tiger Jas 10.4.8,

I've been trying to boot Kalyway 10.5.2, it hangs.. n other kernel is Rebooting, Any ideas?

My Spec is Pentium M Centrino Mobile.. Can somebody xplain to me?

is there any hope for SSE2 Processor Pentium M Working perfectly fine?

Well my rig if finally 99% operational(firewire,usb glitch)...Thanx Kalway

Here's my set up

Abit AN-M2

AMDX2 6000+

6GB RAM (working)

Chipset: nVidia GeForce 7025/nForce 630a.

MSI 8600 GT (working)

On-board audio:Realtek ALC888 codec (working, just installed kalways patch on the disk)

Netgear GA311 LAN:Gigabit Ethernet (Working)

Couple questions though...a few threads mention the USB glitch where the disks won't mount.. and some people have created shell commands that you can execute in order to turn allow disk mounting but doing that everytime you connect a disk is kinda getting annoying.It seems like the culprit is: IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext........ Any Ideas....???

Another thing if my Firewire ports also won't mount a disk when plugged in....Yet Profiler sees the "unknown Disk"

DPCI Manager reports my firewire being: 1106:3044 Via Technologies IEEE 1394 Host Controller

Well my rig if finally 99% operational(firewire,usb glitch)...Thanx Kalway

Here's my set up

Abit AN-M2

AMDX2 6000+

6GB RAM (working)

Chipset: nVidia GeForce 7025/nForce 630a.

MSI 8600 GT (working)

On-board audio:Realtek ALC888 codec (working, just installed kalways patch on the disk)

Netgear GA311 LAN:Gigabit Ethernet (Working)

Couple questions though...a few threads mention the USB glitch where the disks won't mount.. and some people have created shell commands that you can execute in order to turn allow disk mounting but doing that everytime you connect a disk is kinda getting annoying.It seems like the culprit is: IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext........ Any Ideas....???

Another thing if my Firewire ports also won't mount a disk when plugged in....Yet Profiler sees the "unknown Disk"

DPCI Manager reports my firewire being: 1106:3044 Via Technologies IEEE 1394 Host Controller

I use the Modbin Kernel, then USB works as expected, 'hotplug' USB Flashdisks is then OK

Eelco

WILL IT WORK ON 32 BIT SYSTEMS?

SEMPRON 3000+

There is a new Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD that is now available for download. The new DVD features a lot more fixes, drivers, and kernels.

Intel 10.5.2 Patches

cpus=1 flag

Francais_pc_keyboard_layout

TimeMachineFix

PowerManagement_bundle (don't install it if you have select sse2 patch !!!)

IntelMemoryController

USBPCGen (fix usbehci detection problem , enable usb2)

AMD 10.5.2 Patches

AMD_1052_Patch_test_1

AMD_1052_Patch_test_2

legacy flag

Kernels

sleepkernel--(intel/amd/sse2/sse3)

speedstepkernel--(intel/amd/sse2/sse3)

nforcekernel--(intel/sse3)

modbinkernel--(intel/amd/sse3)

vanillakernel--(intel/sse3)

kabylkernel--(intel/sse3) with sleep support

kernel_9.2_sleep

kernel_9.2_speedstep

kernel_9.2.2_kabyl

kernel_922_modbin

kernel_92_nforce

kernel_vanilla_922

Drivers

There are way too many to list here, but you can find the entire list in the description. You can find the download on the bay or on the "stone that is no longer in one piece." :censored2: Enjoy!

It was much easier for me to install this than any of the other choices out there, but I am still having certain issues such as the sound not functioning, which I think I should be able to get by downloading certain drivers.

But it seems like everytime I add one of the nvinject's it causes me to not be able to reboot or shut down? Why is that?

Guys who've tested this, does anyone know if theres any notable difference between 10.5.2 Combo Patch & the New Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD??

I've searched the entire thread for this, no one answered it, please lmk! I just want to know if its worth installing again, I can backup easily enough, but don't know if it's worth my time.

what does "cpus=1 flag" mean? by default it will do this command or what?

I would agree that making that default in both the boot.plist file and in the setup process it would cut down on like 50% of the threads posted lol.

CPUs=1 is basically a hack/workaround for troublesome multi-core machines. My Dell XPS m1210 will not use the processor efficiently or effectively if addresses both cores individually. So, we use CPUs=1 to fake OS X out. It works pretty well.

This new release are great! specially for my 680i from BFG ... both cores work on my E6600, sound works ( azalia ) and 8800gts 512mb g92 work fine too... but the ethernet doesnt work, only detect the both ethernets but said no cable connected.. :(

By the way, I installed with nforce kernel but i tried the sleepkernel at boot and work fine, so how can i change the kernel ??

in the screen that says DO you already own a mac ? i click on no do not transfer my information now .. and it stays there for about a minute and then it goes again to the welcome screen and same screen again and doesnt move from that screen it restarts itself to the same Welcome Message and music .. image001qp7.jpg

My problem is with IOAPIC hang at boot of the DVD.

Tried differents boot parameters and nothing.

Any help?

i have the same problem i burned 3 dvds at different speeds thinking it was the dvds but i always got the IOAPIC error. anyhelp from anyone here?

<br />in the screen that says DO you already own a mac ? i click on no do not transfer my information now .. and it stays there for about a minute and then it goes again to the welcome screen and same screen again and doesnt move from that screen it restarts itself to the same Welcome Message and music .. /><br /><br /><br /><br

/>

<br /><br /><br />

Had the same problem

2 options

-unplug your ethernet

- disable your Nic Card through your bios

Its trying to connect when you get to that page and can't so it gets stuck in a loop...

Probably not recognizing your Nic card..............

I installed the USB fix but sometimes when I logon the Leopard the Keyboard and other USB doesnt work.. I need to unplug and plug again, but sometimes i need to reboot... Does anyone know how to fix this pls?

by the way... the 680i ethernet doesnt work.. says no Cable plugged...tried in both ethernet, tried the cpus=1 .. power off..etc... nothing work...

This is an Awesome release, thank you Kalyway...

Since I am using a Xeon cpu, the OS indicates I have a Mac Pro... LOL, i bet this must be the cheapest Mac Pro you can put together.

Both Sound and Onboard LAN works out of the box, GMA950 can't change resolution in OS, but can change during bootup.

Overall, this is a great release for my new HWs.

Hardware Used:

Shuttle KPC K45

Xeon 3050

2GB DDR2 800 Memory

Seagate 80GB IDE HDD