• This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

tyler durden's bile duct

tyler durden's bile duct

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Anyone know if theres any differences between this and the Kayway 10.5.2 Update Patch?? I assume its the same except more choices on drivers..?

i wanna know this too

(MoC)

(MoC)

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • Interests:Plenty.
w00t go Kalyway!!! I can't wait to install!

Edited by Numberzz, 11 April 2008 - 03:20 AM.
Don't quote the original posts to make your post incredibly long. :P

XcAbAr

XcAbAr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Has anyone been able to solve the booting problem with the 10.5.2 DVD yet? Tried every kernel and it still won't boot

ZdProjects

ZdProjects

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Gosh Dangit!, I hate my dial up! I just got the 10.5.1 from a friends house! I hate the phone and cable company for not putting broadband in my area!

gaidaros

gaidaros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi! Is this a full 64bit version???
(need ram :))

turandota

turandota

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Works great. Specs:

Shuttle SD37P2
Q6600
320gb HDs x3
8gb ECC ram
Ati Radeon HD 2600 XT (256 ddr3; pcie)
Broadcom 5751 G-Ethernet
Realtek ALC882 6-channel audio

All work and all the USB and firewire work.

The kabylkernel was the only one to recognize all 4 cores. All the other ones only saw 1 core. System Profiler works except for the memory section. It doesn't report the memory.

secretsociety

secretsociety

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
sweeet. this is my first download for my new osx86

Renderer

Renderer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
it this can update Graphic Update ?and i think we should to make a install guide for this new release or not?.

:)

JedixJarf

JedixJarf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Good work on this one Kaly, seeding now.

olofd

olofd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Find it at your closest bay

audrys

audrys

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I alway have problems installing Kalyway's OSX and I have no idea why, I can easily install iTkos, Toh, leo4all, brazil , but kalyway's always seems to be a problem, and for example what does this error mean?

couldn't validate the contents of the 'BaseSystem' package

I tried DHCI, RAID, IDE, and all of them fails with kaly's DVDs

any suggestion please, thanx

EX38-DQ6
E8400 C2D
8800GTS 512 G92

kitmac

kitmac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Anybody got ALC888 working with this one.......????

FavleX

FavleX

FavleX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Anybody got ALC888 working with this one.......????

Just installed on my 5610 Aspire Acer for having fun , using mine usb hdd "tester"
I can say smooth as butter.
wifi, usb,ethernet,audio..working.I need to try the others kernel for having sleep or not, but right now is the better install dvd leo 10.5.2 ever tried.

I keep updated the feedback

Good Job Kaly :rolleyes:

Detosx

Detosx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
Good to see this, well done on another fine release. :D USB sockets don't work (so will try this time with the installers usb patch) and GMA x3100 has no quartz, so I'm starting over, using an external monitor. Will install Leopard Graphics update - someone told me it's best to do that rather than have natit in place or to otherwise remove natit prior, no earthly idea why that would be. I am using a laptop and so have gone for speedstep and powermanagement. Looking forward to testing.Many thanks again. :rolleyes:

update: Hmm, reinstalled with the usb patch selected but usb ports still not working. The ports supply power to SD my external SD card reader but Leopard can't see it or my external USB hard drive. I am using an Acer 2720z, dual core, GMA X3100, using speedstep kernel, powermanagement, netkassmbios. Anyone else found that?

FavleX

FavleX

FavleX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
I'm not able to get working the sleep function..tried every kernel.Anyone could pont me in the right direction?

Detosx

Detosx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
Also I was having boot problems, with the bootup locking up on the grey apple on the light grey screen with no revolving cog. It would boot up every fourth or so time. Sometimes the keyboard wouldn't work. I encountered that problem once with tiger and plugged in a usb keyboard but... usb doesn't work. I tried a 'fixed' usb kext from 10.5.3 beta but no joy. Back to iATKOS for me, for now. Will keep an eye on things. I'm told usb works with one of the other kernels but I specifically need speedstep for the laptop.

Simania_NL

Simania_NL

Insanely Pac Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Could somebody confirm that this release does NOT support installing EFI automatically?
If it doesn't I won't try it, but still a very nice release by Kalyway...kudos :whistle:

spanakorizo

spanakorizo

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
perfect :) this release should recognise all of my hardware by the 1st bootvga,wifi,audio,lan and everything is on the install!

The kabylkernel was the only one to recognize all 4 cores. All the other ones only saw 1 core.

can somebody please upload kabylkernel?i don't have any problem with 4 cores but i would like to try itnever heard of it :whistle:

Detosx

Detosx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
I don't get this. The 9.2.0 speedstep kernel would appear to work fine on iATKOS but if I want to use it on Kalyway, I have to live without USB - USB doesn't work, without or with the patch - or else not use the speedstep kernel at bootup? Is there a work around out there? :(

vanishedsoul

vanishedsoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:of course not studies
I'm new to this whole OSX86, there alots of version present on torrents....Which one do you guyz think is the best? Currently, i'm using LEO's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy