New Kalyway 10.5.2 Release!

168 posts in this topic

I alway have problems installing Kalyway's OSX and I have no idea why, I can easily install iTkos, Toh, leo4all, brazil , but kalyway's always seems to be a problem, and for example what does this error mean?

couldn't validate the contents of the 'BaseSystem' package

I tried DHCI, RAID, IDE, and all of them fails with kaly's DVDs

any suggestion please, thanx

EX38-DQ6

E8400 C2D

8800GTS 512 G92

Anybody got ALC888 working with this one.......????

Just installed on my 5610 Aspire Acer for having fun , using mine usb hdd "tester"

I can say smooth as butter.

wifi, usb,ethernet,audio..working.I need to try the others kernel for having sleep or not, but right now is the better install dvd leo 10.5.2 ever tried.

I keep updated the feedback

Good Job Kaly :rolleyes:

Good to see this, well done on another fine release. :D USB sockets don't work (so will try this time with the installers usb patch) and GMA x3100 has no quartz, so I'm starting over, using an external monitor. Will install Leopard Graphics update - someone told me it's best to do that rather than have natit in place or to otherwise remove natit prior, no earthly idea why that would be. I am using a laptop and so have gone for speedstep and powermanagement. Looking forward to testing.Many thanks again. :rolleyes:

update: Hmm, reinstalled with the usb patch selected but usb ports still not working. The ports supply power to SD my external SD card reader but Leopard can't see it or my external USB hard drive. I am using an Acer 2720z, dual core, GMA X3100, using speedstep kernel, powermanagement, netkassmbios. Anyone else found that?

Also I was having boot problems, with the bootup locking up on the grey apple on the light grey screen with no revolving cog. It would boot up every fourth or so time. Sometimes the keyboard wouldn't work. I encountered that problem once with tiger and plugged in a usb keyboard but... usb doesn't work. I tried a 'fixed' usb kext from 10.5.3 beta but no joy. Back to iATKOS for me, for now. Will keep an eye on things. I'm told usb works with one of the other kernels but I specifically need speedstep for the laptop.

perfect :) this release should recognise all of my hardware by the 1st bootvga,wifi,audio,lan and everything is on the install!

The kabylkernel was the only one to recognize all 4 cores. All the other ones only saw 1 core.
can somebody please upload kabylkernel?i don't have any problem with 4 cores but i would like to try itnever heard of it :whistle:

I don't get this. The 9.2.0 speedstep kernel would appear to work fine on iATKOS but if I want to use it on Kalyway, I have to live without USB - USB doesn't work, without or with the patch - or else not use the speedstep kernel at bootup? Is there a work around out there? :(

what is the md5 for this?

Yes, I am curious about this too. Does anyone have the checksum on this? I looked in that body of water which is smaller than a gulf and larger than a cove in a recess in the shoreline where those who rob at sea or plunder the land from the sea without commission from a sovereign nation are know to frequent. Nada.

Can someone who's certain it's the right one share the exact name and file size to guide us.I think I've got ti but just would like some confirmation before I start...

here you go ... hope this right :P (double-checked)

MD5 (Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso) = e03af401cc9e0baab1401199170ddf99

3,927,363,584 bytes (3.66GB)

Is there any one know the difference between sleep-kernel and stock-kernel, as I know, they are same ? :censored2:

sleep kernel = kernel that compiled from sources with added sleep functions by toh team

stock kernel = stock kernel (Apple official release)

perfect ;) this release should recognise all of my hardware by the 1st bootvga,wifi,audio,lan and everything is on the install!can somebody please upload kabylkernel?i don't have any problem with 4 cores but i would like to try itnever heard of it :D

IRC #ChaOSX86

I'm new to this whole OSX86, there alots of version present on torrents....Which one do you guyz think is the best? Currently, i'm using LEO's.

just find any one of them that suit you, they're all the same in the very end.

sleep kernel = kernel that compiled from sources with added sleep functions by toh team

stock kernel = stock kernel (Apple official release)

If that is, is it possible to update Apple stock kernel (10.5.3) when i'm using sleep kernel.

In any case after successful in update to 10.5.3, can I get the sleep to work again?

Ohhh, look like something has been added AppleBCM5751Ethernet, so this will work for Broadcom card 57xx (mine is 5752)? Anyone knows this kext's working or not? ;):):D

It *should* install over 10.5.1 and your files *should* be intact (at least it did for me; I installed 10.5.1 over 10.5.1 by accident without formatting the HDD and my files were still there). BUT it doesn't hurt to back up all your files. I did.

I just downloaded the file so now I'm wondering, will it erase all of my files as I move from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 using this dvd? or will it just update the to 10.5.2 without removing everything?

Something I was hacking around with. It adds the memory controller pciid to:

IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext

Theoretically it should be there but in reality it does absolutely nothing and in some cases causes a crash. There is a thread by Slice which has more details:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=85012

Yes I remember that, I applied it and saw no difference, but I remeber that "patch" as "North Bridge" also the is one for "South Bridge"

Gosh Dangit!, I hate my dial up! I just got the 10.5.1 from a friends house! I hate the phone and cable company for not putting broadband in my area!

Satellite?

Hi! Is this a full 64bit version???

(need ram :P)

If Kaly didn't strip out the 64bit code from apps I don't see how could not.

But for your info not all apps and binaries are for 64bit, chess is 64bit btw.

Is there any one know the difference between sleep-kernel and stock-kernel, as I know, they are same ? :)

Apart from what muitommy told you, stock/vanilla kernel has de PPC binary code, sleep does not, stock/vanilla could be use on Core X processors (and some very late Pentium D) but not on others.

I alway have problems installing Kalyway's OSX and I have no idea why, I can easily install iTkos, Toh, leo4all, brazil , but kalyway's always seems to be a problem, and for example what does this error mean?

couldn't validate the contents of the 'BaseSystem' package

I tried DHCI, RAID, IDE, and all of them fails with kaly's DVDs

any suggestion please, thanx

EX38-DQ6

E8400 C2D

8800GTS 512 G92

Burn the ISO at a lower speed (even try the lowest speed), the DVD should work fine after that.

Yes, I am curious about this too. Does anyone have the checksum on this? I looked in that body of water which is smaller than a gulf and larger than a cove in a recess in the shoreline where those who rob at sea or plunder the land from the sea without commission from a sovereign nation are know to frequent. Nada.

Nice! ;)

Installed it, a good release; but having some issues with the ALC888 sound (same AppleHDAPatcher version and same linux dump I used and worked in Leo4Allv2 don't work in this release).

Thanks to macgirl. I got it, probably all laptops need sleep-kernel instead of stock one, isn't that's true we couldn't update to 10.5.3 if we used sleep-kernel?

The sleep kernel wouldn't stay intact... the 10.5.3 update would install its own kernel. however you could probably manually boot with "sleepkernel" or whatever the command is, or even restore your sleep kernel to be default. technically it wouldn't be true 10.5.3 without the .3 kernel though.

Thanks to macgirl. I got it, probably all laptops need sleep-kernel instead of stock one, isn't that's true we couldn't update to 10.5.3 if we used sleep-kernel?

If you have a Core X laptop you didn't need the Sleep kernel, I have propper sleep in my laptop with the Vanilla kernel (PC EFI V8 is installed of course), in my AMD rig it needs the Sleep kernel to have sleep.

My laptop has a Core 2 Duo BTW.