Ubuntu or Kubuntu

macprogrammer

109 posts in this topic

No.

It doesn't count for YOU.

That's the difference.

But it does count for many many people. There are countries wher internet is considered a luxury. Wow, what a surprise! ZOMG THATZ LAAAAME333!!!!!111!!!

This reminds me about an article i bumped into.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070...-month-dsl.html

Now that's lame, right???? :)

What a loser Kazakh people are. LAAAAME.

Oh, and did I mention how greedy is for one to pay 3000$ for an internet connection? Wow, now that's greediness !!!111!!!

It counts, my friend. It may not count for Alessandro, it may not count for you, and it may not count for me, but that's just the three of us. And there are far more people in that situation.

Countries where internet is a luxury shouldn't use an operating system that requires the internet so much. I mean if u want Linux us must have internet for all the updates downloading of packages etc. Everything on Linux is done via the net. And if u don't have internet u probably don't need to activate windows either since u could get a pirated copy and without internet there is no spyware, malware or viruses at large either. I bet the people in that country don't even know about ubuntu, I bet 99% of the people in my country don't even know what ubuntu is.

The people in those countries who r rich, r filthy rich and they probably own an iMac anyway, what do u think? Does ubuntu actually deliver to such unusual places?

If internet is so expensive u r better of using windows anyway if internet is luxury I mean a default install of linux can't even play an mp3 file so I doubt linux is of much use to them.

Linux is slowly but steadily spreading, ESPECIALLY in developing countries where it is not as widespread as a pirated xp but it is still there. Many schools are adopting linux as their computers are usually outdated (a truly sad thing) and I've read success stories about small companies are migrating to Linux since it is cheaper.

Also, I don't see where you want to use the internet when writing an essay or creating a spreadsheet.

I can't believe you consider a feature(the free cds) an argument against a distro. Oh, is it because of the fact that openSUSE offers it for a small amount of money(70€/110$)? What a greedy move of me that I mentioned that....

And your point is...

It is pretty much self explanatory.

One point could be that sending 10 free CDs isn't done because you are a philanthropist, but as a (very effective) publicity stunt.

Or would AOL send CDs to starving people in Africa?

Linux is slowly but steadily spreading, ESPECIALLY in developing countries where it is not as widespread as a pirated xp but it is still there. Many schools are adopting linux as their computers are usually outdated (a truly sad thing) and I've read success stories about small companies are migrating to Linux since it is cheaper.

Also, I don't see where you want to use the internet when writing an essay or creating a spreadsheet.

I can't believe you consider a feature(the free cds) an argument against a distro. Oh, is it because of the fact that openSUSE offers it for a small amount of money(70€/110$)? What a greedy move of me that I mentioned that....

I am from a developing country and I have never seen any school even bother with linux so this argument is useless, most people couldn't care less. I tried to introduce Linux in my school and no one cares. Linux is still more troublesome to install than windows is for most people.

Also Windows has Microsoft Office which is a requirement for most examinations to know how to use it and I know this for a fact as my teacher specifically told me to practice only on microsoft office.

Most people in poor countries won't use linux cause its too difficult to learn still, companies mght and have no doubt but not schools.