iATKOS_v1.0ir2 & Asus P5W DH Delux wireless

kompile15

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am relatively new at this, but I recently built a computer and was able to install Leopard 10.5.1 using the iATKOS version. Everything is working correctly (it seems) except my wireless. The motherboard I have (Asus P5W DH Delux) comes with a built-in wireless card, but it is not showing up in OSX (not listed in the system information program). Does anybody know how to get this working on the iATKOS version of the Leopard installer? According to this guide (http://lifehacker.com/348653/install-os-x-...cking-required/) the wireless works with the Kalyway version.

I searched both the wiki and these forums, but I didn't find any definitive answers, so does anybody know for sure? Sorry if this question was already answered.

Computer:

Asus P5W DH Delux

Corsair XMS2 2GB

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 Allendale 2.2GHz

Sapphire 100207L Radeon HD 2600PRO

Thanks,

Jon

Hey Jon, i've got the same motherboard and everything is working flawlessly even the onboard Audio (All channels), I'd assume that the WiFi is the RealTek 8187 onboard, so download this driver and you should have it up and running smoothly

ftp://210.51.181.211/cn/wlan/87_Mac10.4_v1309.zip (WiFi)

http://mckill.ca/p5w-dh_sound_net_leopard.zip (Various Kexts for the fo the non intel P5W DH Deluxe)

If everything is working then just get the WiFi driver and remember if your CPU is getting Hot quickly remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

You will notice the great difference, my CPU core temperatures used to get up to 58* as soon as i removed above kext ^, it dropped to 34* so yes this is a huge gap as a resuly of this kext.

I've got iATKOS v1.0r2 a well, so far downloaded all updates except Graphics Update and Time Machine update

Good Luck

themanis

themanis,

Thank you very much! The driver you provided worked perfectly and after I installed and rebooted the computer the wireless works. I will keep an eye on the temperature, but so far everything seems normal. I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Jon