10.4.6 seeded to devs

xiberia

17 posts in this topic

I highly doubt that is why they are updating. Did you notice it is like a 130MB+ update? ;)

The update currently delivers about 50 documented improvements, including several OpenGL-related fixes, improvements to CoreImage and CoreGraphics, and other bug corrections for iSync, AppleScript, and other components. Known issues with the update include certain AppleScripts not running correctly and Safari hanging in some situations.

I know. 10.4.6.5 will be out Tuesday and then 10.4.7 by the end of next week. I bet we get stuck at 10.4.999... for a while though.

well they could start doing 10.4.10 and 10.4.11 and so on, but i know what you mean, this is ridiculous. Im so glad XP just releases hotfixes in between service packs, otherwise XP would be 20.8.9.4.6.5.20.36.5.21.23. build 86111Fdba :D

Greetings,

This announcement/seed is not due to the security of .5 being broken, that post on thinksecret has been there a few days well before any patch solution was released or mentioned for .5, it is pure coincidence that it was released the day after 1045 Patch Solution was released.

Regards,

{censored}-x

I know. 10.4.6.5 will be out Tuesday and then 10.4.7 by the end of next week. I bet we get stuck at 10.4.999... for a while though.

<joke>Hi, I need some help installing the recently cracked Mac OS X v10.4.999 Build 8Z98324123512345, any ideas?</joke>

osx104999.jpg

osx104999-2.jpg

(This was done editing SystemVersion.plist, obviously :()

How do I open that file?

They are coming out with new versions too quickly.

Apple may release new Intel Mac models on Feb 28th. I'd expect that the rush of "point" releases will abate a bit once we have Intel versions to replace the:

12" & 17" PowerBooks

iBooks

Mini

G5 tower

At this point Apple must be (in no particular order):

1) Preparing for new hardware (video cards, chip sets, etc., etc.)

2) Attempting to address all known security issues

3) Finalizing (or maybe stabilizing) the "features" that lock OSX Intel to Apple hardware.

4) Fixing bugs

5) Further optimizing OSX for Intel

6) Preparing for release/sale of a unified 10.4.X DVD that will support PPC (G4/G5) & Intel Macs

7) Accomodating Core Duo Errata

:dev:

G