Leopard on Quad Core Q6600

236 posts in this topic

what bios was installed when it worked, I updated the bios in mine to 5.13 the day the computer arrived, and none of the diff. installers are working for me. Do you know the version # of it [your old bios]

Kenny

the factory bios 5.12 whenever i try to boot mac it says something about clusterthen it just hangs their the dvd just restarts

i'm using osx86 with q6600 too. But in the About Mac, the cpu shown as unknown

how to show in proper name like Quad Core 6600

Apple never adapted Q6600 on their machines and that is why it shows unknown. But the processor is working fine (at least on mine). To fix this, change "unknown" to "Intel Core 2 Quad" in /System/Library/CoreServices/Resources/English.lproj/AppleSystemInfo.string and verify if About This Mac displays what you just edit.

my system running with 4 core..no problem for me..but logic pro is just work with 2 cores...i dont understand why?..i'n running on kalyway 10.5.3...shutdonn not work ..restart and sleep is works fine..GIGABYTE X38DQ6 MAINBOARDINTEL Q6600 QUAD CORE^@3GHz(3GHZ UNKNOWN)PEGASUS NVİDA 7600GS2X800MHZ KINGSTON RAM250 GB SATA HDD SEAGATE120 GB ATA HDD SAMSUNGTOSHIBA SATA DVD-RWETHERNETFİREWİREM-AUDIO OZONE AND AXIOM61

the factory bios 5.12 whenever i try to boot mac it says something about clusterthen it just hangs their the dvd just restarts

Have you tried Leo4All V3? That is the only one that worked for me and I also had to use CPUS=1. I suggest you give it a try.

Have you tried Leo4All V3? That is the only one that worked for me and I also had to use CPUS=1. I suggest you give it a try.

yeap i did before this damn update i could get all of the mac disk to work now its just hangs so i guess ima have to care it to a cpu shop and get it re flashed to the orginal bois :)

so is that what has to happen, and how does one get access to the earlier bios? I upgraded mine the day I bought the computer, and I've blown a month trying every which sort of thing to get to the installer. So I could just call up a neighborhood computer store and they could do it?

Kenny

5.07 is the one that works judging from peoples' signatures of their working systems.

I tried getting a 5.07 downgrade from a technican [no go]

on chat a few minutes ago, and he told me it was something you'd have to take into a shop, but when I had my toshiba and I was doing all this, I remember changing the bios more than once.

Kenny

There is no any issues for me.

I am using Gigabyte P35C DS3R Board with Intel 6700...4G Ram...

System is Kalyway10.5.2.

First time ( Just finished the system installation ), everything was fine... except USB could not be recognized. ( need to do sth for it. )

Then all works great and fast. no errors at all....especially, kalyway10.5.2 's shut down/restart is working very fast and cool...

Now, i am using this one for editing and graphic...stable..and fast.

so is that what has to happen, and how does one get access to the earlier bios? I upgraded mine the day I bought the computer, and I've blown a month trying every which sort of thing to get to the installer. So I could just call up a neighborhood computer store and they could do it?

Kenny

5.07 is the one that works judging from peoples' signatures of their working systems.

I tried getting a 5.07 downgrade from a technican [no go]

on chat a few minutes ago, and he told me it was something you'd have to take into a shop, but when I had my toshiba and I was doing all this, I remember changing the bios more than once.

Kenny

yeap u shouldnt have updated the bios

So we need to see who else has this issue too/ due to me updating the bios when I bought the thing from 5.07 to 5.13, I can't get any of the installer disks out there to launch past the appleboot screen, no installer stage, or nothing. Others with the same model number have reported back the same issue. it worked with the earlier bios, so after trying with tech support at HP, My options at this point are:

1. wait until enough people have the problem, that some sort of resolution arises, that could be never.

2. try to get the bios flashed downgraded, but thats been difficult, the places here in brooklyn I called act like I have two heads when I explain my situation. - find an alternate bios/HP updates the bios again, and fixes everything [not likely]

3. buy a compatible MB that is usable with all the internals available__ Micro-ATX: 9.6 in X 9.6 in /100% compatilbilty [any suggestions?]

so I decided I will give this a month, and research my motherboard purchase, and if no other solution has moved to the front of the line by then, make the purchase.

I'm hoping by buumping these threads up, people who may have encountered and resolved these issues may see them and chime in with suggestions

Kenny

I;ll give their customer service a try tomorrow while I m at work, when I chatted with the guy, they never suggested that they downgrade it, so did you tell them it ruined a working OS, they kept asking me when I initially chatted if vista was working and why was I trying to install xp, and I was "Im trying a linux install and its failing"

I'll give it a try, thanks for the info

KWJ

igotjshoe, I totally thought you were pulling my leg, but I chatted again today with tech support and they totally are sending a fedex guy to my house tomorrow to pick it up and take it to the shop where they are going to downgrade this thing free of charge, so thanks for all the help, everybody gets a week off from my whining about how nothing works until it gets back from the shop, thanks again for sharing your experiences with getting this going - -

kenny

• 2 weeks later...

this is such a nightmare, It came back from HP tech support last night, I launched the bios settings, and they hadn't done anything to flash it. I had to call the chat support again, and they promised again to fix it, so they are sending another box to pick it up, this is annoying as hell!!! Oh well whats another week.

Kenny

this is such a nightmare, It came back from HP tech support last night, I launched the bios settings, and they hadn't done anything to flash it. I had to call the chat support again, and they promised again to fix it, so they are sending another box to pick it up, this is annoying as hell!!! Oh well whats another week.

Kenny

same as me man talking bout my graphics card was the problem

they did agree to re-take it back and flash the bios specifically again, though, but boy this is the neverending story, by the time this gets sorted out, apple will have come out with the minitower Im trying to make!

they did agree to re-take it back and flash the bios specifically again, though, but boy this is the neverending story, by the time this gets sorted out, apple will have come out with the minitower Im trying to make!

HAHAHH has long as they do the flash whats the minitower from apple