Leopard on Quad Core Q6600

236 posts in this topic

All working sweet

Used leo4all v2 iso - no problems what so ever . ( apart from after leopard update from apple it defaults to usb keyboard and mouse ) otherwise spot on , even have vmware running vista . :)

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL VMX EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

i say go for it ! :thumbsup_anim:

• 1 month later...

I just got this setup and am unsuccessfully getting to the installer on any distribution dvd I try. I am trying to confer my bios settings first, and work through each one again, [as well as try an external dvd tonight] anybody with this board want to give me any tips for setting up the bios? theres no available acpi setting, I have the (XD execute enabled) enabled, the virtualization technology enabled, the Lan off, the sata1 set to IDE. I have only one attached internal drive, its already formatted with guid/mac extended journaling - anybody want to chime in with their settings and installer dvd boot success thanks~

i used leo4all v3 i selected the vanilla kernal 9.2.2 acl 888 for audio 3rd party apps macpro31 applesmbios nothing else no graphics acphi thingy cause everything else can be installed after installion i use pcwiz-p35-ds3p-ds3r-ds4-newpack pack to run in ide mode then i used NVInstallerV.41.pkg for graphic an sleep an shut down i also bought a netgear gigaether card alsoalso i ran it in achi mode to install it then used pcwiz pack to install the ide kernal im amazed at how my hp is one of the few that doesnt have problems minus wi fi cant seem to get that working but ive even updated to 10.5.3 now my geekbench score is around 4780 bad ass

hey thanks for the info, I spent the entire weekend re-reading the various forums looking for install clues, I had settled down to the Kalyway1051 disk which works so great on my toshiba laptop, but has been giving me plates of grief on the new HP, like you'res which seems to be more compatible. I have the leo4all in question, so that'll bne tonights session.

Anyway, Im at the office, so although I can't try out this info yet, I appreciate it.

Just picked up a virgin internal HD, to see if that helps, as well as a new flashdrive to write an editible version of the installer to, just in case I have to start fiddling with that.

Kenny

I was wondering weather Leopard can run on a quad core q6600 processor. I have seen many people run Leopard on Core 2 Duo but have not seen anyone run it on Quad core. If i can do i need any sort of patch??

Thanks

Q6600 @3.2 Ghz All core working fine :lol: See pic

32zjnnp.jpg

yeah, mine looks nothing like that, it still hangs on the

[Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_386]

line while booting the DVD installer, it still never gets past that point. I used a modified version of the Kalyway 10.5.2 disk as referred to in this thread/

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...8915&st=20#

but have had no luck. Anybody offerring suggestions, I am all ears. Tonight I was going to try 10.4.10 and maybe the kalyway disk preparer to see if any of that moves my situation along.

thanks for reading!

kenny

All 4 cores running perfect on my system @ 3.4GHz... using vanilla kernel, but shutdown only works like 1 in 5 times (no biggy tho)

karaakeha1 - What was that app you are using to monitor your CPU cores?! - I want it!

install CHUD pkg(from retail Leopard DVD ,you can see all cores ,

check my first post for shut down and application you want to see cores

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry539429

Shutdown works perfectly here, using retail 10.5, then 10.5.3 combo.
So jealous. I cannot shutdown on my GA-G31M-S2L. I need a third application for that. :gun:
i cannot shut down.
We are on the same boat (or mother-boat).

Got a q6600 shutdown works 1 out 5 maby, all 4 cores working though even in Logic Pro 8
My Q6600 on GA-G31M-S2L shuts down with 60% success rate. If selecting Shutdown from the menu turns off all cores, ... (daydreaming...)

I tried booting the kalyway disk preparer-formatter, as well as the 10.4.10 kalyway installer distribution, but I am not getting past the apple at startup before the system reboots itself . On 10.5.2 it happens at the [Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_386] line, the other two happen so fast I don't knwo the line its occurring on. Anyone have any tips on this stage of the install, the weekends coming and its time to try all this again. I don't have that many options at the bios stage, and im at a loss to consider what Im missing.

Kenny