Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

Hey chaps.... firstly let me thank you guys for giving me the heads up about this install.... there's been a lot of good info out there from some people.... so thanks... And especially to Kalyway for working their magic....

I'm still in the middle of downloading this version (Purely for educational purposes - I'm looking to get a mac fairly shortly, and wanna see if my old wreck of a PC would hold up with it)

So... can anyone confirm that they've got this running on an SSE2 machine without probs?

My specs are as follows:

M/b: Asus p4v800 - 478 Socket.

CPU: P4 2.53Ghz Northwood SL6D8. (OVERCLOCKED TO 2.75Ghz)

Ram: 1Gb DDR (2 x 512mb@2100).

Vid: Nvidia Geforce 6200 - 256mb.

HD: 1 x ST3160021a (160Gb - NTFS), 1 x Maxtor 6l060j3 (60Gb - FAT32) and 1 x ST1312002 3a External USB (120Gb - NTFS).

Optical: 1 x Optiarc DVD-RW AD-5170A, 1 x CD-RW GCE-8481B, and an External Iomega ZIPcd 650 USB2.

Sound: Onboard C-media AC97.

Does this sound like it could handle LEO? or would Tiger be more suitable for this spec of machine?

Any help wouyld be great... :dev:

Thanks in advance....

Hey, I've just installed this version on my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. Can I update it to 10.5.4? When I tried for the first time to do this it crashed...

Two things aren't working. My video card (ATI X1400) and my audio card (Sigmatel) but I'll try to make them work.

Another problem is that the cooling fans are working continuously

I got this message "could not validate the content of java package" when i tried to install kalyway 10.5.2 to my sata/ide hd. I tried different installer using kalyway, leo4all and the result was same. Is there anyone know whats wrong with that? and how to fix that?

my specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3500

DDR 333 1gbx2

DFI Nf4 infinity

ATI Radeon X1300

WD HD Sata 320 gb

WD HD IDE 80 gb

:D Now running hackintosh on my z7100v :D

My desktop with the p4vm800 wouldn't keep near this install.... it would just get to the boot prompt, look like it was gonna use the "Kernal_9.2_Sleep" command.... then it would just cycle into post again.... :D

So.... woke up this morning, and wondered if it was actually the DVD image that was maybe corrupted, but nope.... was fine... Decided to fire it onto my Asus z71, and to my estonishment, actually booted into a normal install... :)

However... not been able to obtain any of the AC97 sound card drivers or ProSET WIFI drivers to load... and through some weird twist of fate, it is showing as an Airport connection, but it doesn't connect... :(

Using an external HD, managed to locate the MACvidia 3.3 driver, and my res is looking a bit better... but any progress is slow, having to locate software on my PC, stick it on the external, and then install onto the hackintosh...

Give this some serious thought if you really wanna set foot in the 'leopard' world... It'll take a lot of time and patience to get your machine running the way it should... and even then, you may be missing a feature or two (like sound/bluetooth etc)

Hi Kaly,

Congratuelation and thanks for an outstanding achievement.

Dear OSx86 Insanelymac Members,

Please believe me, I have spent more than 30 days to do complete research for "Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd (SSE2 / SSE3)". I tried everything but unable to install on my old pc. It goes back in reboot loop continuously. Only Two BOOT: Commands -f and -x in F8 show 3 minutes rolling of "LOADING HFS + FILE.. LOADING DRIVERS.. LOADING FROM....". But my hope shattered when it restarts my PC endlessly after any command without showing any ERROR MESSAGE.

As per your Bios Change Instruction, surprisingly I don't have any options for following headings, subheadings in BIOS like Max CPUID Value Limit, Vanderpool, CPU TM Function, Execute Disable Bit (NX or XD), ACPI 2.0 Support, ACPI APIC, Speedstep, IDAPCI, EIST, Microcode Updation, Memory Remap, HPET. I have only option Plug and play OS in BIOS. I have latest 2003 Bios called ASUS P4T533 ACPI BIOS REVISION 1007 BETA 002.

My Question: DOES THIS KALYWAY DVD WORK ON OLD PC WHICH NORTHWOOD HT SSE2 ONLY, AGP, PATA? If not, which OSx Version I should Install on my old PC? As per your Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) research, my motherboard ASUS P4T533-R and P4 3.06GHz HT Northwood, Intel 850E Chipset, RDRAM RIMM 4200 can be worked with TIGER JAS 10.4.1 AND 10.4.3. Please tell me about INTEL SSE2 PATCH Installation. As per your theory Patches are done after installation OSx86 on PC in MAC osx OPTIONS. But what if my DVD runs in reloop booting endlessly without installing on my pc?

MY OLD ASSEMBLED PC CONFIGURATION:

1. MOTHERBOARD : ASUS P4T533-R (32 BITS) PURCHASED IN 2002.

2. LATEST LAST REVISION BIOS: ASUS P4T533 ACPI BIOS REVISION 1007 BETA 002.

3. CHIPSET: INTEL 850E

4. PROCESSOR: INTEL PENTIUM 4 3.06 HT NORTHWOOD 478 SOCKET 533MHz FSB SSE2 ONLY (NO SSE3). (CPUZ TEST DONE).

5. MEMORY: SAMSUNG 4200 RIMM RDRAM (PC 1066 MHz) 512MB X 2 NOS. = 1 GB

6. GPU: NVIDIA GEFOECE 6800 AGP. MODEL: ASUS V9999 256MB DDR2.

7. PRIMARY MASTER HARD DISK: PATA IDE NTFS SEAGATE 750GB (PARTITION 1 PRIMARY ACTIVE SYSTEM BOOT: XP PRO, PARTION 2: EMPTY FOR NEE OS, PARTITION 3: XP PRO MCE, PARTITION 4 LOGICAL: DATA)

8. PRIMARY SLAVE: PATA IDE NTFS SEAGATE 300 GB NO PARTIION VISTA ULTIMATE)

9. SECONDARY MASTER (EMPTY HD FOR OSx86) : PATA IDE MAXTOR 40 GB (PARTITION 1 PRIMARY ACTIVE FAT-32 LBA FOR UPCOMING KALYWAY LEOPARD 25GB, PARTITION 2 FAT-32 LOGICAL: DATA).

10. SECONDARY SLAVE: DVD RW : PATA / IDE : SONY DVD RW DRU-820A ATA.

11. USB 1.1 : DIRECTLY BOOTABLE (2 NOS). USING PEN DRIVE FAT32 AND USB WIRED KEYBOARD.

12. USB 2.0 AND 1.1 : NON BOOTABLE (4 + 2 NOS.)

13. KEYBOARD: WIRED : USB 1.1 BOOTABLE: MICROSOFT NATURAL ERGONOMIC KEYBOARD 4000

14. MOUSE: USB 2.0 WIRELESS LAZER MOUSE NON-BOOTABLE: MICROSOFT LASER 5000.

15. EXTERNAL USB 1.1 PEN DRIVE - BOOTABLE : 32MB FAT-32 (KEXT TO DVD FOLDER).

I also tried LEOPARD MAXTOR HD ON PIRMARY MASTER ON FIRST SLOT JUMPER AND FIRST IDE SLOT AND SONY DVD RW ON PRIMARY SLAVE. BIOS BOOT SELECTED DVD RW. HD DISABLE.

ALSO REMOVED SEAGATE HDS FROM SLOTS. ALSO REMOVED DVD AFTER REBOOT BUT PC WANTS DISK INSIDE. ALSO PUT FOLDER KALYWAY ON LEOPARD HD FAT-32 AND DATA PARTION 2 FAT 32 AND PEN DRIVE FAT-32 (KEXT FOLDER).

I have noticed on your board. Those who have OSx86 success stories, they replied thanks but they should also help new comers who face problems due to different PC Configurations and did less research before posting.

I love OSx. Please guide me which OSx86 LEOPARD / TIGER Version I should install on my old pc?

Thanks with regards.

Forgive if this has been covered but the search function leaves a lot to be desired in this forum.

How do you permanently change the kernal without have to load it every time you restart? I installed Kalyway with the kaby kernal but the vanilla kernal is working out better for me as far as stability etc. Can anyone point me to directions to change these kernals permanently?

many thanks

Anybody have spinning beach balls when trying to run the new screensavers such as Arabesque? It consistently causes my machine to freeze up.

Also I have read there might be problems with running 4 gigs or more of ram? I have 8 gigs. Another member mentioned having to use AHCI which I am. Can anyone shed more light on this?

Has anyone that's used this Kaly 10.5.2 DVD successfully updated to 10.5.4 via the Kaly 10.5.3 combo update? If so how did you do it and how did you change kernel?

If I install a vanilla 9.4.0 kernel using osx86tools, how do I then boot with because with 10.5.4 I can't get to the sesktop unless I type 'update -v' every time I boot?

Any ideas appreciated.

Just wanted to share with all of you... If you want a hackintosh and you have an ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium NFORCE 590 Motherboard you're in luck! 100% Working!!!

My CPU: 1.86 Ghz Dual Core Pentium D

2 GB Ram (512mb x4)

IDE DVD Rom Drive

1 SATA 80 GB Hard Drive

8600 GT 256MB PCI Express Card

I have 100% Restart, Sleep, Shutdown, Video, Audio & Even WIFI Internet!

Step 1 - Get yourself the Kalyway 10.5.2 ISO

Step 2 - Burn to DVD at 4-8x speed only (no faster)

Step 3 - Boot up the DVD

Step 4 - Press F8 At DVD Darwin Boot

Step 5 - Enter "cpus=1 maxmem=2048" (without quotes)

Once Installation starts, go into DISK UTILITY and Format your drive

When you go into CUSTOMIZE leave the defaults and choose these extras:

Uncheck the 9.2 sleep kernel and choose the NFORCE KERNEL

For video, just choose your appropriate drive (I chose the Invject 256MB version)

For networks make sure you choose the RTL8187_AP Utility one. (MAKE SURE IT'S THE "AP" ONE)

Start your install (took me 20 mins) once done, it'll restart, then welcome to Leopard!

Boot time is roughly 1-2mins.

Sleep, Restart, Shutdown, Internet, Audio & Video all 100% Working!

DO NOT DO THE KALYWAY 10.5.3 UPDATE, FOR SOME REASON IT WON'T WORK.

Only other kernel I've found that works good with this board is the TOH Kernel...

Thanks goes out to Kalyway and everyone involved!

Hi,

i just installed this os on my acer aspire one laptop, and i have some questions;

a] i cannot get my wireless network working (a atheros card), i tried to copy the newest version to the extensions folder, and (including chmod, chown and reparPermission actions) try to kextload the AirPortAtheros5424.kext thus results in a "bus error"

does anyone knows what how to fix this? (what im a doing wrong!)

b] it seems that my audio does not work (the internal speakers)

i have to point out that:

- i already installed additional 1024 MB memory

- i orderd, not yet installed an 1.8" 30 Gb harddrive to replace the current 8 GB ssd (more diskspace)

- i don't know anything from mac os X (worked with windows far to long)

i hope someone can give me some tips!

thnx in advance!

Daniel

ok then so i have got the dvd and it will get to the installation page but first the resolution is wrong for my screen i think it is at 1024 x 800 when it should be at 1440 x 900

Right next thing i cant get it to see mount or locate my seagate sata drive on the installation but it does find my other IDE drives

now with the codes that are given on the first page (NVInject_Clevo_M570RU 8700gfx Realtek Sigmatel ConexantAnalogDevicesHDAudioCodec (generic output support) how to i go about entering them do i press f8 and just type them in or do i have to type somthing first like the single user mode (-s) i have got the installer to work on my laptop but too many things wernt working for it to be used like again the resolution of desktop and no wireless or sound so it is not the dvd that is corrupt

if anyone could give me simple instructions of what to do could you post them here so everyone who might be in the same position as me can be helped

specs of computer

Packard Bell MC2469

MB: Cuba (MSI MS-7301) Motherboard

HD: Seagate 320gb sata

HD2: Seagate 160gb IDE

GFX: 8800GS 320mb

RAM: 2gb

CPU: Pentium D 920

Sound: Realtek Sigmatel Audio

Wireless: wg111v2

Mouse: USB Generic

Keyboard: USB Generic

Please Please help i want to use OSX but not let apple get away with their diabolical business ways

I could do with a bit of help.

I am on 10.5.1 , and need to update to 10.5.2 and above. Purely because I want Aperature which requires it.

-

so i got the combo updater, installed it and the new kernel , yet it gets to the apple screen , but then reboots.

Do I have do anything specific?

also, will I lose any data? hope not

Hello,

I work with Kalyway 10.5.2 about 2 month and all be ok, but when i try to install Kalyway 10.5.3 update, my computer freez at middle of installation,

when i restart the computer i get kernel panic. How i can install this update? Help me someone pls.

Intel Core 2 Duo E2140

GIGABYTE GA-P31-S3G, ICH7R

2 Gbytes RAM

EVGA GeForce 8800GS 384mb

HD Hitachi 400 Gbytes on SATA

DVD-RW 115D ATA

and sorry my english isn't so good because i'm not from UK or US

Someone please help me!! I tried to update to 10.5.5 from 10.5.4, my laptop froze when it was installing the update. So now I have to basically reinstall OSX. I do have time machine and would like to restore it from the previous backup image prior to the software update. However when I try to use "restore machine from time machine" it will just hang there, will not go to the next page allowing me to select the backups. Im using Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD running on an Dell XPS M1210

Dell XPS M1210

Intel Core Duo Processor T2500 (2GHz/667MHz FSB/2MB Cache)

2GB Memory

64MB nVidia 7400 Go

Dell 1390 Wifi

okay i have had this dvd for some time... and i tried this numerous times and cant get anywhere with it... i wanted to know if anyone can tell me what to chose... cause im so confused about it and ive included my cpuz file so if anyone has any advice i would love it... thanks

cpuz.txt

Hey!

I downloaded the kalway 10.5.2 Intel AMD.iso, burnt it on a DVD, restarted the computer and tried to boot from the DVD. It gave me a message "Press Enter to boot..." and "Press F8 for advanced options.."

When I hit enter it gives me an error : "system config file '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found"

same happens to me, pls help :D

Just adding, I got this (Kalyway 10.5.2) booting so far on VMWare Workstation 6.5 Beta.

No sound or network yet, but havent fiddled at all.

Here is my VMWare config:

.encoding = "Shift_JIS"
config.version = "8"
virtualHW.version = "7"
scsi0.present = "TRUE"
scsi0.virtualDev = "lsilogic"
memsize = "2048"
ide0:0.present = "TRUE"
ide0:0.fileName = "Leopard.vmdk"
ide1:0.present = "TRUE"
ide1:0.fileName = "C:\Users\user\Downloads\VMapplicances\Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd\Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso"
ide1:0.deviceType = "cdrom-image"
floppy0.startConnected = "FALSE"
floppy0.autodetect = "TRUE"
ethernet0.present = "TRUE"
ethernet0.connectionType = "nat"
ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"
ethernet0.wakeOnPcktRcv = "FALSE"
usb.present = "TRUE"
ehci.present = "TRUE"
sound.present = "TRUE"
sound.fileName = "-1"
sound.autodetect = "TRUE"
pciBridge0.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge4.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge4.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"
pciBridge4.functions = "8"
pciBridge5.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge5.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"
pciBridge5.functions = "8"
pciBridge6.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge6.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"
pciBridge6.functions = "8"
pciBridge7.present = "TRUE"
pciBridge7.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"
pciBridge7.functions = "8"
vmci0.present = "TRUE"
roamingVM.exitBehavior = "go"
displayName = "Leopard"
guestOS = "freebsd-64"
nvram = "Leopard.nvram"
virtualHW.productCompatibility = "hosted"
ft.secondary0.enabled = "TRUE"
tools.upgrade.policy = "useGlobal"

extendedConfigFile = "Leopard.vmxf"

floppy0.fileName = "A:"

ethernet0.addressType = "generated"
uuid.location = "56 4d d7 e9 fc 8c e0 fc-76 73 91 e8 f8 46 12 2b"
uuid.bios = "56 4d d7 e9 fc 8c e0 fc-76 73 91 e8 f8 46 12 2b"
ide0:0.redo = ""
vmotion.checkpointFBSize = "16777216"
pciBridge0.pciSlotNumber = "17"
pciBridge4.pciSlotNumber = "21"
pciBridge5.pciSlotNumber = "22"
pciBridge6.pciSlotNumber = "23"
pciBridge7.pciSlotNumber = "24"
scsi0.pciSlotNumber = "16"
usb.pciSlotNumber = "32"
ethernet0.pciSlotNumber = "33"
sound.pciSlotNumber = "34"
ehci.pciSlotNumber = "35"
vmci0.pciSlotNumber = "36"
ethernet0.generatedAddress = "00:0c:29:46:12:2b"
ethernet0.generatedAddressOffset = "0"
vmci0.id = "-129625557"

tools.remindInstall = "TRUE"

numvcpus = "1"

usb:0.present = "TRUE"
usb:1.present = "TRUE"
usb:1.deviceType = "hub"
usb:0.deviceType = "mouse"

tools.syncTime = "FALSE"
debugStub.linuxOffsets = "0x0,0xffffffff,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0"

ide1:0.startConnected = "TRUE"

vmi.present = "FALSE"

disable_acceleration = "FALSE"

checkpoint.vmState = ""

usb.generic.allowHID = "TRUE"

I didnt choose much in the installer, just nvidia drivers, which i probably didnt need seeing as its in Vmware...

I will be fiddling more trying to get sound and network and will post back (not too soon though!).

*Also, mouse wouldn't move on screen, fixed by pulling out mouse before booting (use keyboard to start VM appliance). Then plugging in after boot worked fine. Safari wouldnt open either at first look...

For inspiration:

post-289180-1221743342_thumb.png