Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Pardon my ignorance but i'm new to OSX86 (apple enviroment for that matter). I'm trying to read how to's and installation guides to stay away from making annoying questions but i recently installed Jas OSX 10.4.8 in my HP laptop which has an Intel Centrino CPU. The installation went smooth except it freezes on a blue screen after i reboot for the first time.

I downloaded this release of Kalyway 10.5.2 but it freezes during the loading screen when booting up from the DVDRom (black screen with white text). Someone told me that it may be cause this release is strictly for dual core CPUs so i thought i would ask here for confirmation.

I was hoping this release will give me a better turn around than the one i got with JAS.

Any info is reall appreciated it.

Will V.

I've installed the Kalyway on my pc and everything is fine till i plug in my external hard disk.

My external hard disk can't be detected. It's not even shown in the Disk Utility and preferences. I've tried using this hard disk on other Mac and it work on them! It can't be the problem of my USB port as my mouse and keyboard are working fine.

Another problem is with my wireless internet connection. I can't connect to the internet. I'm using Linksys. Is linksys competible with mac?

Will appreciate any help offered. =D Hope to hear from you guys soon~

Hi, i have some problem installing Leopard on my new PC. It"s a Core 2 Quad with 2Gb of ram and a 8800GT Nvidia graphic Card.

I put DVD on first device.

If i boot normaly without option i get "Still waiting for root device". After searching around the web i had the arguments "-x -v" at the kernel prompt.

Now the MacOS X installer start after a long long long time and i see the first screen where it request me to choose my language. I can move the mouse but nothing respond to click. Also the keyboard (a ps2 one) seems not responding.

Do you know what is the problem ?

Thanks in advance.

JrCs

Hi, I´m new on this topic.

MY PROBLEM

I´m trying to install the kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8 on my notebook Asus X50R, F5R mobo family. The install goes well, it´s magic kaly. After install, my laptop reboots for first time, I see the Apple start window, with the apple in the center, then it dissappears and I see only the window with the same colour. Don´t appear the desktop!!

Then, I reboot manually, press f8, type -s, and in the root I type: mount -uw/and/movevideodrivers and the prompt says me:

1. When I do it with the install dvd inside:

unknow special file or file system /and/removevideodrivers

2.When the dvd is not inside:

illegal option --/

THE QUESTION

What can I do?

HELP WITH THE DRIVERS

And please, help me with the drivers.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showuser=264012

ASUS F5R Core Duo T2250 / 1.73 GHz

RAM 2 GB

Disco duro 160 GB

DVD±RW (+R doble capa) / DVD-RAM

Tarjeta gráfica ATI Radeon X1100

WLAN : 802.11b/g Wireless

15.4 Panorámico TFT WXGA

Still waiting for root device............

Hi

This is what i've got.

Fujitsu-Siemens amilo a1650g Laptop

ATI xpress 200 (rs480) chipset

ATI SB400 southbridge

Mobile AMD Athlon 64 3400+

SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64

Tried: zephyroth, Kalyway etc.etc.

Any suggestions are welcome, I will not be beaten!

I've installed the Kalyway on my pc and everything is fine till i plug in my external hard disk.

My external hard disk can't be detected. It's not even shown in the Disk Utility and preferences. I've tried using this hard disk on other Mac and it work on them! It can't be the problem of my USB port as my mouse and keyboard are working fine.

I wouldn't say its not a problem with USB just because your mouse / keyboard work. I had the same issue, and I can inform you that it is most definitely a USB issue... You can either install the USB fix (see this post: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...kalyway+usb+fix section C) or simply install the kalway 10.5.3 combo update. Either will fix this issue.

Another problem is with my wireless internet connection. I can't connect to the internet. I'm using Linksys. Is linksys competible with mac?

Some linksys is. Suggest you read the lan / wireless forum. You will have to learn to provide a little more information than that though :rolleyes:

Downloading now. I hope this runs on my Gateway M-6843. Been longing to get hold of this Mac OSx86. Made several trials in the past which didnt work. Hope this one works fine for me.

I keep getting this while trying to load the install.

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

I have tried a bunch of commands in the command prompt before booting.

But came seem to get it to stop freezing the loading.

Any ideas?

System Specs:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Service Pack 2

Dell Inspiron 1520

Intel Pentium Dual CPU

T2310 @ 1.46 GHz

2.00 GB RAM

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Sound: SigmaTel High Def. Audio Codec

Internet: 1394 Net Adapter, Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated controller, Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card

hey guys i have a intel motherboard D101GGC ,, 1gb ram,, pentium 4 2.66ghz ....but when i am booting the dvd after the darwin promt

the installation stops saying STILL WAITING FOR THE ROOT DEVICE... PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP ME OUT GUYS THANKS A LOT.....

Hi,

I have downloaded Kalyway 10.5.2 from a certain newsgroup and when I have tried to mount the .iso file on my macbook it states "No mountable file system" (as i havn't built my 'hackintosh' yet. I have checked in windows and it is an ISO9660 (bootable), joilet file system. The checksum is also not the correct one as stated, is this normal?

I have tried to verify/repair in disk utility and I can't, it won't allow me and I have downloaded the file as the 3.6gb ISO, not in individual rar files so I cannot attempt to restore the files with the posted par2 files.

After I have burnt the dvd, it is not recognised at all by my macbook either, I thought maybe it might be in this different format to allow the PCs to boot it properly, or the iso has become corrupt when I have downloaded it.

Should I re-download kalyway or it should be ok?

hey guys i have a intel motherboard D101GGC ,, 1gb ram,, pentium 4 2.66ghz ....and nvidia 6200 LE .....but when i am booting the dvd after the darwin promt

the installation stops saying STILL WAITING FOR THE ROOT DEVICE... PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP ME OUT GUYS THANKS A LOT.....

OK i think i have an problem... when i try to start the setup it wont work,ok this is what i do:

I start up my pc with the DVD inside of it (Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8,

I boot up the cd and type -v after a couple of words my pc restarts, after that if tried it with -x it did work but after a long list of words (like 3 minutes long) it restarts SO WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?!??!!?

Dante