Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

Just a quickie, what's this like for reporting back to Apple?

Will it snitch on me if I use it as soon as I connect to the net? Also, do the updates come through automatically or do I have to download them manually?

Thanks alot.

IM having some issues with my install!

not sure whats going on, but it only shows the Apple, it dosent show the loading spinner or anything, it stops at the Vector part of the start-up with in the first 30 lines,

anyone know whats wrong, let me know!

i have successfully install it,but after reboot,when gray apple logo pass,i got just a gray screen.

so basically i didn't finish up whole installation.

what should i do ?

config:

asus p5p800se

intel pentium D @2.66

ati 9600xt

1 gig of ram

wd 320 sata II

cheers

~R2k

edit: second time,all the same.

should i choose some other kernel?

i tried with kabyl.

edit 2: install it.

i tried with first kernel and without gfx drivers.

now i have some gfx and network issues :)

cheers

Hello,

Im new at this so any help will be apreciated :(

I downloaded, burned and successfully installed this last night. After that my problems started.

After I installed it, as soon as I started the machine, a lot of info started showing up in the screen, don't know how to call it since English is not my first language. After some lines of information, just like before the installer started, it would stop at the Firewire cant recognize the security, so it would reset to full security or something like that, can't really remember.

Anyway, i disabled my firewire and it stopped one line before that for hours without getting into the OS.

Then I tried with the sleepkernel thingy right when you can choose any boot option, and after a couple of mins I was inside the OS.

My question here is: Do I need to type that everytime I want to boot the OS, or did I do something wrong on the installation, I don't know, selecting several kernels like the sleepkernel or modbinkernel? Do i need to choose only one in the installation?

Thanks for your help, and I really hope the "information" I gave is pretty clear, because I cant find another way to explain it :)

Hi Guys

i am having mother board asus p5b-mx/wifi and i thing so that it is not compadibel with kalyway 10.5.2 so if possibel then kidly clear it and let me know wethare will it work on my pc or not and the remaning detail of my hardware configration are as follow

Processor : core 2 duo 2.2

Mother borad : asus p5b-mx/wifi

Ram : 1 Gb

Hdd : 40 Gb ( For mac Only )

Cd Player : ( Lg Dvd Witre )

Thanking you for accepting my request and hoping for the sooner reply

Hey guys I just installed on my HP DV6000T / T5600 / Nvidia 7400 GO / etc

Everything works but sound.. anyone knows what I can do ?

Hey guys I just installed on my HP DV6000T / T5600 / Nvidia 7400 GO / etc

Everything works but sound.. anyone knows what I can do ?

Excuse me, but my kaly does not work!!! ;)

I downloaded it, made the dvd, and boot form cd drive.

i typed -v and wait.

But then, for a lot of times, it gives me this error:

"ATA DRIVE CLAIMS FLUSH CACHE EXT FEATURE SUPPORT BUT DOES NOT CLAIM EXTENDED LBA FEATURE SUPPORT"

and so:

"still waiting for root device"

What does it mean? I've a P5N-E SLI, BIOS REV. 1101, E2160, and a IDE drive empty, while the SATA drive has Win Vista.

What i've to do? i'm nearly done :D

can someone very clearly tell me how to install this release???

i understand i am to install single user boot ( -s ) NOT ( -v )

but then what????

i believe it would work for me, but have very little experience with linux(ubuntu) there for not so food at command prompt!

i have 3 hard drives, and 2 disk drives (one dvd/cd burner and one usb 360 hddvd-rom)

amounst the hard drives, i have 2 IDE which are both ntsf formated for storage, which i dont expect mac to read

the 3rd hard drive (SATA), which i have 4 partitions, first a vista ntfs, then a empty fat32 clean partition, then third ext3 ubuntu partition and a fourth swap partition

the 3rd hard drive is a sata and in ubuntu boot loader the CLEAN fat32 partition is under, it is labled (hd0,1)

quite simple, i dont know the command to mount properly!!!!

can someone please give me example, i will figuare out if it drives are labled sda1 or sda1 or hda1 or hdb1, ect....... but also what is the acrinum for a cdrom drive, is it simple cdrom0, cdrom1?????? if i have 2 dvd drives???

and also since the SATA i am working on puting all system partitions on, is the disk labled scsi1,scsi2,scsi3,scsi4 (since i have 4 partitions) on the SATA drive????????

please help!

is there a place i can find the drive listings/names/destinations on ubuntu??? sorry for question, i know this is about MAC, not a Ubuntu forum!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

okay found out what the drive locations are in linux

the SATA is sda

vista is sdc1

FAT32 clean for Mac is sdc2

ubuntu/ext3 is sdc3

and swap is sdc4

so i need to install into /dev/sdc2 so do i just type

mount -uw /dev/sdc2 ?????????????????????????

do i have to remount the dvd drive for the install disk?????

what is this blurb about " /movevideodrivers "

is this the source off disk to be sent to sdc2????????

HELP please :~

I need some help. While installing, I get to about 11 minutes left then I get a "Install Failed" message. It says

The installer could not validate the contents of the 'AsianLanguagesSupport' package. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

My hardware is:

Q6600 @ 3.5GHz

Asus Maximus Formula Motherboard

4GB of G.Skill PC1000 RAM

MSI HD3870X2

500GB SATA

160GB IDE

Just thought i should let you know that i got this version of leopard to install well on my;

AMD 64 Dual core

ALiveNF6G - VSTA (DVI) board

1.8GH

Gforce 8500 GT graphics - works perfectly (even dual screen)

80GB maxtor

* Using the NFORCEKERNAL boot loader

* Single HDD with Leopard Journaled MBR

* installed the Nforce sata drivers and my sata now works (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77071)

* installed the realtek audio and that works * AzaliaAudio.pkg (cant find link atm)

* installed the ethernet lan drivers and they sort of work

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=82025 (does anyone know if the message "mac address invalid in both CMOS and Flash would prevent me getting internet access?)

* Also time machine works and alows me to back up and restore fine

Thanks to all the amazing people who made this port possible. I am finaly free from windows and its hard drive destroying tendencies

I didn't manage to istall this version.

I have download the torrent:

"Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd" and burned the contained file "Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso" but when it start booting the DVD from the bios, it stops and it cannot go on.

I have already installed a version of mac OS 10.4.6. Does it affect?

Where can i find a working image torrent for OS 10.5.2 ? (I have got a ASUS intel centrino Laptop PC)?

Thank you.

Gia

Downloaded this os,burned iso image to disc, about 3 + gigs,but when i open disc there are only two small files on it of about 20 to 30 kb,ive tried magic iso,nero 8,iso recorder v3 and still end up with the same results,ive burned many images to disc so i know this aint working out right,ive searched the forums and ive tried everything possible but cant find answer to this problem,any help at all would be mutch aprieciated.

Need help..

Specs: P5B Deluxe, C2D E6400, IDE HDD (Master) + IDE DVD (Slave)

Try to install kalyway 10.5.2 guide instruction from this forum, patched it with JMicron, compared the md5 = ok..

Disk Utility - make new partition (journaled), Options - Boot Sector, close

Select my HDD partition - Next

Customize: CHECKED: sleep, speed step, all video, all mobo chipsets, time machine fix - Next

After some calculation the install start.. 51 min left, 40, 18 and.. ERROR.. allways i see the same picture:

post-269864-1218214097_thumb.jpg

Thanks Kaly! I use your DVD on two machines... as you can see in my sig... Thanks! Great release

Need help..

Specs: P5B Deluxe, C2D E6400, IDE HDD (Master) + IDE DVD (Slave)

Try to install kalyway 10.5.2 guide instruction from this forum, patched it with JMicron, compared the md5 = ok..

Disk Utility - make new partition (journaled), Options - Boot Sector, close

Select my HDD partition - Next

Customize: CHECKED: sleep, speed step, all video, all mobo chipsets, time machine fix - Next

After some calculation the install start.. 51 min left, 40, 18 and.. ERROR.. allways i see the same picture:

post-269864-1218214097_thumb.jpg

Have you checked the integrity of your hard drive? Possibly it is bad... and have you tried re-burning the DVD? I suggest burning at 4x to be safe.

Thanks Kaly! I use your DVD on two machines... as you can see in my sig... Thanks! Great release

Have you checked the integrity of your hard drive? Possibly it is bad... and have you tried re-burning the DVD? I suggest burning at 4x to be safe.

The integrity of DVD Disk is checked by mac os setup before the installing and it seems to be ok

'll go check on the integrity of HDD

Trying to get this working on aThinkpad X40

Takes 20 mins to go from the lanaguage selection screen to the utilities,

each screen change takes FOREVER

Having same problem with iDeneb disk.

Audio:

Chipset is AD1981B

Processor:Ultra Low Voltage Intel mobile Pentium M processor 1.0GHz and 713

Low Voltage Intel mobile Pentium M processor 1.2GHz and 738

1024 KB onboard L2 cache memory

Video chipsets:

Intel Extreme Graphics 2

32MB or 64MB of system memory

16MB ATI Mobility RADEON

Network:

Intel PRO/100 LAN Adapter

Short question:

How I get Kalyway, Leo4all or an other x86 project working on my Dell Vostro 1000?

I comes to the installation.. But when I go to: Disk utility

ONLY MY DVD drive appears.

Someone know what I need to do? Thanks!