No Harddrive found in Diskutility

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I´m quite new to OSX86 but already managed to install a 10.4.9 version on my Dell Dimension 9150 and am really satisfied.

Naturally, I tried to "convert" my notebook into a Macbook. It´s a Hyrican M67SRU with aVIA (VN896CE + VT8237A ?) Chipset, Geforce Go 8400 and two GB of RAM.

I can boot from the OSX-DVD (tried two different ones: uphuck (10.4.9) and Kallyway (10.5.1). The system boots (very slow) but when I start the Diskutility it doesn´t see my harddrive (which is quite funny I think because it sees the DVD-ROM which ist plugged to the same controller ?!). When I connect an external USB-Harddrive it is recognised immediatly and I can install MAC OS there. But the installation takes way more time than is estimated by the program (it seems the USB-port is very slow).

When started, MAC OSX works fine, sound works out of the box, etc. Only I´d like to have it on the internal HDD. It´s more conveniant that way, isn´t it...

I searched in the forum for a while and found something about changing the SATA Device in BIOS to IDE, but my BIOS (PHOENIX) doesn´t support these changings.

Has anyone some suggestions for me? I´m so desperate, I already changed the look of my Windows to MAC via Flyaktieosx, so you see it´s urgent, I kind of need a fix... ;-)

Thank you for any help or suggestion

RobbieTobbie

Hello,

thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately, my BIOS (Phoenix 1.00.06HY) won´t let change anything like ahci etc.

The only changes concerning the installed drives are :

32 Bit I/O Enabled/Disabled (tried both, no change)

Ultra DMA-Mode Mode 1 to 6

Transfer Mode Standard, Fast PIO 1-4 or FPIO 3 DMA 1; FPIO 4 DMA 2

Does this information help anything? Maybe the ahci-mode is hidden under these names somewhere? I´m not too good with more than the basic BIOS-Settings.

Thanks for any more suggestions or hints.

Bye

RobbieTobbie

can somebody pleeeeeze help me?? I have a Gateway Laptop with a IDE\ATA hard drive. Tiger installs to it perfectly but Leopard doesnt recognise it in the installation Disk Utility. :wacko: i have tried just about every Leopard DVD that is released. help please i have spent quite a few months trying to figure it out. I can list more info about my Mobo and HD and screenshots if you need it. thank you

ok i have found more about my problem. leopard will not recognize my HD in the Disk Utility during installation. I thought it was my HD kexts that was the issue. It is really my Mobo. I have an ATI Chipset Mobo.

Problem: Tiger installs fine but Leopard does not have my ATI Chipset support.

Solution: Inject Tigers ATI Mobo kexts into Leopards installation disk (which i already know how to do)

What i need help on is i need to know which kexts do i take from Tigers install to make Leopard support my Chipset?

P.S. Screenshot below are is my Tiger Kexts from a working install on my PC (you may need to zoom in)

post-195491-1208819743_thumb.jpg

Ok I got one step further. I successfully installed it on a 500GB USB drive and it wont recognize my internal IDE\ATA drive. If i can find out my problem then i can clone it and restore it to my internal drive.

Here is how I got this far, and step 4 is what I need to do still

Step 1: "still waiting on root device"

Step 2: used EXTERNAL USB DVD drive to get to installer but it didn't recognize HD

Step 3: installed to USB hard drive

Step 4: need to find out how to make it read my IDE\ATA internal HD then clone it to it.

can somebody pleeeze help me get Leopard to recognize my Internal Hard Drive? fyi I am using a ATI chipset Mobo.