Nvidia shutdown/restart

robi0026

8 posts in this topic

is there any way to fix the shutdown/restart issue

where the computer doesn't go off all the way?

tried the netkas kernel and it doesn't work

shutdown/restate works before graphics card driver install

I have a dell 1720 with an nvidia 8600m gt

any help is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Looks like the Nvidia GPU shutdown issue can be fixed in the DSDT.

On an Asrock ConRoe 1333 DVI/H 2.0 with a GeForce 8400GS sleep did not work.

But a DSDT patched with koalala's DSDT patcher did solve the shutdown issue for this machine!

You might need to play a bit with koalala's DSDT patcher.

(I don't know why, but I needed NVkush in addition to get dualscreen.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi i have the same problem with a motherboard asrock conroe 1333. Now i buy a 9400 gr png or work perfect, i use first nvject and now eri string but mg machine now not work with sleep and shut down. Before with the intel gmail 950 evrothink work perfect. So i assume la the new nvidia.

I read the post and i have some questions

1 koalas dsdt what is and where is? I use the dsdt patcher in bundle with chameleon and now i use the 2.0

2 voodoo sleep i apreciate the voodoo kext and i use it in other machine but i don't know voodoo sleep kext where la it?

• 1 month later...

I'm using a 9800GT 512, my system has been up and running for over a year now and seems to run osx better than it runs Vista. But the two problems I am yet to solve are...

>Only 1 output and no inputs on built-in audio.

>System Restarts every time successfully, but randomly decides to restart on shutdown.

Shutdown seems to work fine for a few weeks, then it will randomly restart instead, (which it does atm). My only solution to this is to flick the power switch on the back of the psu before it starts up again, but this causes a very slow startup for some reason, i guess because it hasn't un-loaded properly. I also notice that the system does actually power down for a few seconds before it starts again unlike when i use the restart function.

This isn't a major problem as i have lived with it for ages, but it would be nice to fix the final main problem with it, if anyone has had similar problems help would be much appreciated, thanks.