Leo4All - Internet not working!

orius

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,I recently installed the leo4all v2 installation of leopard on my PC.

After some work I got my sound to work, but I am really stumped on my network.

My motherboard (GA-965P-DS3) has an onboard network card, the Marvell Yukon 88E8053. As I said in the topic description, this normally works out of the box without any modification. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't.When booting up I get a couple errors regarding the network interface:

AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 sk98osx_dnet - AllocIOInterruptHandler - Failed to allocate MSI interrupt

Then later on down the list of output, I get something to the effect of this:

network interface not found, could not update platform UUID (or something like that ... it blinks ever so quickly before going to the GUI)

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? I have searched google and this forum so many times and always end up finding threads that never get resolved or nothing at all.

Thanks for your help

Just to note, I have tried editing the Plist.info file, but the correct values are already in there for my device id and vendor id (4362 and 11ab respectively)

Fixed :) ... BUT (please keep reading lol, not done yet with this problem)

So what I did was download a new IONetworkingFamily.kext .. Then I went in and modified it, deleting the AppleYukon2.kext, and modifying the AppleYukon.kext. I used the strategy that many have shown for modifying the Yukon2, but instead did it with the Yukon. i.e. I changed all 8036 to 8053, and put my correct hardware id's in.

I then used Kext Helper to load it in, but this didnt help my situation. Even after deleting Extensions.mkext, tagging the extensions for re-cache, and fixing the permissions, I still was getting an error for AppleYukon2 on boot up. WTF? It shouldn't be loading at all now.

Anyways, to get my internet to work I simply used kextload to manually load the AppleYukon.kext. BINGO! Instantly my network card was recognized, but said Cable Unplugged. At this point I followed the steps outlined in another thread, by turning Configure to Off, Apply, then turn to DHCP. At this point everything was working and I am now posting this from within Leopard.

And now for the BUT. As I said earlier I am still getting the AppleYukon2 error on boot, and I need to manually load the correct kext every time. In my Systems/Libraries/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ there is NO AppleYukon2.kext. I do a search for it, and come up with nothing. I have no idea why OSX is trying to load AppleYukon2.kext still when it doesn't exist. Is there some way to stop it from trying to start that, and forcing it to load AppleYukon.kext on startup?

Thanks for any advice!

Fixed ;) ... BUT (please keep reading lol, not done yet with this problem)

So what I did was download a new IONetworkingFamily.kext .. Then I went in and modified it, deleting the AppleYukon2.kext, and modifying the AppleYukon.kext. I used the strategy that many have shown for modifying the Yukon2, but instead did it with the Yukon. i.e. I changed all 8036 to 8053, and put my correct hardware id's in.

I then used Kext Helper to load it in, but this didnt help my situation. Even after deleting Extensions.mkext, tagging the extensions for re-cache, and fixing the permissions, I still was getting an error for AppleYukon2 on boot up. WTF? It shouldn't be loading at all now.

Anyways, to get my internet to work I simply used kextload to manually load the AppleYukon.kext. BINGO! Instantly my network card was recognized, but said Cable Unplugged. At this point I followed the steps outlined in another thread, by turning Configure to Off, Apply, then turn to DHCP. At this point everything was working and I am now posting this from within Leopard.

And now for the BUT. As I said earlier I am still getting the AppleYukon2 error on boot, and I need to manually load the correct kext every time. In my Systems/Libraries/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ there is NO AppleYukon2.kext. I do a search for it, and come up with nothing. I have no idea why OSX is trying to load AppleYukon2.kext still when it doesn't exist. Is there some way to stop it from trying to start that, and forcing it to load AppleYukon.kext on startup?

Thanks for any advice!

have you tried just deleting the extension cache and rebooting?

go into terminal mode and enter the following

sudo -s

(Enter password at prompt)

touch /System/Library/Extensions

reboot

That will rebuild your Extensions cache. Alternatively you can brute force (not recommended) by entering the following command

rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext