[WORKING]SiS900 Ethernet Driver

TNW

53 posts in this topic

Hello,

The driver is based on linux driver , and R1000 driver of this forum (Thank's DaemonES)

The driver is working !! (I'm connected with ! on Tiger)

but you can help because I have only one SiS900 at home and it's one with the RLT8201 PHY transmitter.

you can test the driver by downloading the zip and start by clicking on "myload.command".

Next you have to put the dmesg log in a file and post it on the board.

Thank's

[EDIT]

8 April:

_Correction of an Rx bug ( Now the driver is stable )

_Detection of the cable

9 April:

_Big optimisation on Tx and Rx (Before:900KB/s of 1800KB/s with 100%CPU. After: 1800KB/s of 1800KB/s with 25%CPU)

SiS900.zip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

here my dmesg

{\rtf1\mac\ansicpg10000\cocoartf824\cocoasubrtf350
{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset77 Helvetica;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\paperw11900\paperh16840\margl1440\margr1440\vieww9000\viewh8400\viewkind0
\pard\tx566\tx1133\tx1700\tx2267\tx2834\tx3401\tx3968\tx4535\tx5102\tx5669\tx6236\tx6803\ql\qnatural\pardirnatural

\f0\fs24 \cf0 dr34ms-computer:~ dr34m$ sudo dmesg\
hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000\
PAE enabled\
standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us\
vm_page_bootstrap: 61384 free pages\
mig_table_max_displ = 71\
CPU identification: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2.40GHz\
CPU features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM EST\
 HTT: 0 core per package; 1 logical cpu per package\
CPU extended features: \
Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes\
[RTCLOCK] frequency 1600000000 (1599695520)\
ACPI CA 20051117 [debug level=0 layer=0]\
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled\
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993\
	The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.\
\
using 650 buffer headers and 650 cluster IO buffer headers\
IOAPIC: Version 0x11 Vectors 0:23\
ACPI: System State [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)\
IOPCCard info:   Intel PCIC probe: not found.\
IOPCCardBridge::start failed\
USB caused wake event (EHCI)\
Security auditing service present\
BSM auditing present\
disabled\
From path: "uuid", \
Waiting for boot volume with UUID 30ED6251-4FC8-38C5-948A-174F72ECB185\
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>\
USBF:   17.470  AppleUSBOHCI[0x13e8000]::start OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep\
USBF:   17.472  AppleUSBOHCI[0x148e000]::start OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep\
USBF:   17.475  AppleUSBOHCI[0x1443000]::start OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep\
AppleGenericPCATADriver: CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14\
AppleGenericPCATADriver: CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15\
FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1039 ID 7007 PCI now active, GUID 0040ca0125005949; max speed s400.\
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDEC@2,5/AppleGenericPCATAPCIRoot/IDE0@0/AppleGenericPCATADriver/ATADeviceNub@0/IOATABlockStorageDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/IC25N040ATMR04-0 Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 3@3\
BSD root: disk0s3, major 14, minor 3\
Extension "com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass" has no kernel dependency.\
Extension "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no kernel dependency.\
BootCache: cache init failed\
Jettisoning kernel linker.\
Resetting IOCatalogue.\
VGA: family specific matching fails\
Matching service count = 1\
Matching service count = 2\
Apple16X50ACPI0: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=COM1\
Apple16X50UARTSync0: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200\
ApplePS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v5.6\
VGA: vram [e0000000:08000000]}

• 2 months later...

Wonderful driver.

Works like a charm for me.

Info:

Installation: Kalyway 10.5.2

Motherboard: Asus P4S800D (SiS chipset of the southgate bus [responsible for ethernet] is SiS 964 with SiS 900 for ethernet + Realtek)

So, works for leopard :rolleyes:

ciop ciop

Someone with a different version of the card ?

Or with leopard ?

Thanks for the patch I run it on leopard 10.5.3 and it worked. The only problem I have to run your command every time after reboot. Is there any way to make thiss permanent?

Thank you in advance,

Alex

Guest BuildSmart
Hello,

The driver is based on linux driver , and R1000 driver of this forum (Thank's DaemonES)

The driver is working !! (I'm connected with ! on Tiger)

but you can help because I have only one SiS900 at home and it's one with the RLT8201 PHY transmitter.

you can test the driver by downloading the zip and start by clicking on "myload.command".

Next you have to put the dmesg log in a file and post it on the board.

Thank's

[EDIT]

8 April:

_Correction of an Rx bug ( Now the driver is stable )

_Detection of the cable

9 April:

_Big optimisation on Tx and Rx (Before:900KB/s of 1800KB/s with 100%CPU. After: 1800KB/s of 1800KB/s with 25%CPU)

Where to begin??? (netwarrior)

Nice attempt, well thought out, could have been planned a little better and separated into 2 separate classes but a very solid base to work from.

I took the liberty of redoing the project and cleaning it up a little.

You match on the raw device however it appears that there are two different subsystem ID's corresponding to two seperate device chipset and it might have been better to use this information to identify the driver class to use rather than using all of that code to detect which chipset is included and then use the appropriate code but splitting it into two classes isn't a requirement.

I changed the way the project builds and populates the Info.plist so anyone looking at the project wont be so confused by the tree, changed the class name to SiS900, added some comments and added comments to the original linux files which are listed in the project and thus available from within XCode so they can be used as references material.

Removed SiS900_reg.h (duplication wasn't necessary in this case) and using the linux header file was the method selected.

I see you tried to build this as a universal binary however the exclusive use of i386/pio.h prevents a useable compilation for ppc and I don't believe you will find a ppc machine with these cards so I made the project i386 only for all configuration.

I'd like to help you improve this project and hope you are not offended in what I've done with your project.

Here is the archive, go over it and see if it looks any better to you, if so add it to your first post and it can be the base project for all future changes.

SiS900.tar.gz

this is my error after running command please help

kextunload: /Users/thesmart1/Desktop/SiS900/build/Debug/SiS900-loadable.kext: no such bundle file exists

can't add kext (file access/permissions).

chown: build/Debug/SiS900.kext: No such file or directory

chmod: build/Debug/SiS900.kext: No such file or directory

mv: rename build/Debug/SiS900.kext to build/Debug/SiS900-loadable.kext: No such file or directory

cp: build/Debug/iwi3945-loadable.kext/Contents/MacOS/SiS900: No such file or directory

kextload: /Users/thesmart1/Desktop/SiS900/build/Debug/SiS900-loadable.kext: no such bundle file exists

can't add kernel extension build/Debug/SiS900-loadable.kext (file access/permissions) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

logout

[Process completed]

thaank you

Guest BuildSmart
this is my error after running command please help

kextunload: /Users/thesmart1/Desktop/SiS900/build/Debug/SiS900-loadable.kext: no such bundle file exists

can't add kext (file access/permissions).

chown: build/Debug/SiS900.kext: No such file or directory

chmod: build/Debug/SiS900.kext: No such file or directory

mv: rename build/Debug/SiS900.kext to build/Debug/SiS900-loadable.kext: No such file or directory

cp: build/Debug/iwi3945-loadable.kext/Contents/MacOS/SiS900: No such file or directory

kextload: /Users/thesmart1/Desktop/SiS900/build/Debug/SiS900-loadable.kext: no such bundle file exists

can't add kernel extension build/Debug/SiS900-loadable.kext (file access/permissions) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

logout

[Process completed]

thaank you

You are executing command files without knowing what they are doing, utterly amazing!!!

I suggest you refrain from using XCode before you cause serious damage to your Mac OS X installation until you have a better understanding of what you are doing.

How did you make that driver from linux driver??

I would like to try with other chips that have no driver for mac but have for linux...

I would say it was done using common sense and an understanding of programming, there is no easy way to do it and only a general guideline to follow.

Guest BuildSmart
can you explain how i can please i really need your help :D
Find the linux driver for the card you have and port the source over to Mac OS X, if you don't understand what this means then you don't have enough experience as a programmer to achieve your intended results.

I recommend you wait until someone has made a driver for your card or replace your card with one that works OOB.

These please of desperate help don't appeal to many programmers so if it's something you have to have now then you need hire someone qualified to generate a driver for you if you can't wait or don't want to change your card for one that works.

Where to begin??? (netwarrior)

Nice attempt, well thought out, could have been planned a little better and separated into 2 separate classes but a very solid base to work from.

I took the liberty of redoing the project and cleaning it up a little.

You match on the raw device however it appears that there are two different subsystem ID's corresponding to two seperate device chipset and it might have been better to use this information to identify the driver class to use rather than using all of that code to detect which chipset is included and then use the appropriate code but splitting it into two classes isn't a requirement.

I changed the way the project builds and populates the Info.plist so anyone looking at the project wont be so confused by the tree, changed the class name to SiS900, added some comments and added comments to the original linux files which are listed in the project and thus available from within XCode so they can be used as references material.

Removed SiS900_reg.h (duplication wasn't necessary in this case) and using the linux header file was the method selected.

I see you tried to build this as a universal binary however the exclusive use of i386/pio.h prevents a useable compilation for ppc and I don't believe you will find a ppc machine with these cards so I made the project i386 only for all configuration.

I'd like to help you improve this project and hope you are not offended in what I've done with your project.

Here is the archive, go over it and see if it looks any better to you, if so add it to your first post and it can be the base project for all future changes.

Hello ,

Ho nice to see someone using this driver , ... I wrote this driver in 3 days :/

so it wasn't really clean , now I can't help because I broken my computer , you can create a new Topic with your file

because I am not here really often and i can't change the main post each times you update the driver .

I hope you to make this driver working with all Physical transmiters (I'm sur that will be done in few hours of coding )

Good luck

Bye!

Guest BuildSmart
Hello ,

Ho nice to see someone using this driver , ... I wrote this driver in 3 days :/

so it wasn't really clean , now I can't help because I broken my computer , you can create a new Topic with your file

because I am not here really often and i can't change the main post each times you update the driver .

I hope you to make this driver working with all Physical transmiters (I'm sur that will be done in few hours of coding )

Good luck

Bye!

I don't have the time to work on it exclusively and I can't take over some one else's project, I was willing to help with correcting issues and reorganizing the code to address the PHY issues but if you're not developing it any more then I'll give it up cause I don't have the hardware to test the code on and relying on users here for intelligent feedback or some kind or programming knowledge when developing a driver has proven to be a poor option.

Guest BuildSmart
buildsmart dont be a {censored} if you dont wanna help me fine with me but keep ur fuc8 -_- mouth shut and keep going on with your life............
Dude you tried to contact me for private help and I told you no private help is available and that you should post publicly, you continued to contact me privately begging for help and I decided I would not provide you with any help and now you leave a foul mouthed post because I refused to help you but failed to realize I provided you with the information to solve the problem and this was posted before I told you I would not provide you with any more assistance.

Please grow up, your childish antics wont help you get your problem solved and I told you I would not help you further.

Are you upset because I have the knowledge and ability to resolve the problem but refuse to assist you further because you can't read my signature or the fact that you're incapable of resolving the problem yourself and no one wants to help you?

Save yourself and refrain from posting a reply, you don't want to look any worse than you already do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the wonderful driver. It works great on my ASUS mb. However, there is a small issue with it. The MAC address is shown as FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF - broadcast address. This locks my machine time to time.

I tried to change using ifconfig but does not change.

Is there any way I can change mac address?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
Thank you for the wonderful driver. It works great on my ASUS mb. However, there is a small issue with it. The MAC address is shown as FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF - broadcast address. This locks my machine time to time.

I tried to change using ifconfig but does not change.

Is there any way I can change mac address?

Thanks,

it's an EEPROM reading problem of your board. it will be addressed later, after completing SiS190/191 driver.