osx86 10.4.4 dvd installer out in the open

hdavy2002

85 posts in this topic

hi, i used the 3.3gb prepatched iso to install and i have run into a problem. When i boot into 10.4.4 i just get a blank (black) screen.Nothing else happens. Anyone else encountered this? Any ideas ladies and gents?

cheers

> hi, i used the 3.3gb prepatched iso to install and i have run into a problem. When i boot into 10.4.4 i just get > a blank (black) screen.Nothing else happens. Anyone else encountered this? Any ideas ladies and gents?

Hi, had the same problem. The install dvd installs the efi boot loader (at least on my partition it did).

Boot from the install dvd again until you see the volume you installed on. Then open Uitilities->Terminal,

then copy the /usr/standalone/i386 directory from the dvd to the volume you installed on.

Then install the right boot stuff:

bless -device /dev/diskXsY -startupfile /usr/standalone/i386/boot

bless -folder /Volumes/macosx-10.4.4 -bootBlockFile /usr/standalone/i386/boot1h -setBoot

Good luck,

I.

Hello everyone, I will make it real easy for people that can't wait to have try on the software, link will be up soon, there is an underground site that contain many "useful" information, free retail software besides this Mac OSx86 installation! Such as the new Shake or Final Cut Studio? Wait 7 more days, this 1.2 TB databases storage server will be up and running in no time!

The first show down of complete Mac OS X on Windows PC using DELL Dimension desktop, soon we will begin trying on DELL Precision 670 Workstation, we call it the project Windows OS X with built-in Windows Vista to defeat Apple expensive computers, they said it’s “uncool”? We will make it even “UNCOOLER!!”

Final question, would you spent $2000.00 on Apple computer just so you can use their operating system, well, not after 6 months!

Due to the legal issue on this site, we will not be able to post any direct link to the forum however, there will be email address on this forum once the server is setup and operational, send the email and auto reply will send you the link, you can register the account from there.

What do you mean with clean? a full installer. then yes. And no. you can't use mx.us update but you shoudn't care. Find the final ppf file on demon. Patch your dvd and then while installing it should update to 10.4.5 automatically. I'm still downloading the image. Tomorrow i'll try it out.

Ty for your answer :)

I also wondering if this install is as "good" as the m.x.u.s, 10.4.4 install.. seems like some still having problems with the EFI bootloader and stuff.. so what I`m trying to say.. will m.x.u.s`s install be better?

cheers for the reply "itsworking," but is there any chance i could have those instructions in a bit more detail, unfortunatly im a bit of a novice when it comes to playing around with OSX.

cheers mate

A few minutes ago i installed osx from the install DVD (+applied ppf). The installer runs fine but then,

when it's at the point to install the "required programs" (just after the Base installation)(i forgot the correct name), the installer says that there is a problem occured and that i have to reinstall osx. This problem isn't from the DVD because a month ago, when i tried to install 10.4.3. the same thing happened. I thought it was something with the DVD so i waited until the 10.4.4 version. Now i got the same problem again.

Osx86 10.4.1+ the update worked good on my computer.

here are some details:

I did a full install on extern HD, with diskutility (journaled).

My computer: Dell 9150, P4 (D) 840 HT. dualcore 3,2 ghz. Geforce 7800GTX.

SSE3+NX.

Any suggestions?

Okay, sorry to be a pain.

I'm downloading an iso called "osx86_10.4.4 Install DVD.iso"

Is this the correct (working) patched install dvd?

Thanks

I, too, wish people would be more helpful about the files here. Sure, everyone says to go to d-oid to get the torrent, but many don't have logins for that site, and registration is currently closed. So, you never know what you are getting when you search for a torrent.

In any case, I would like to know if someone with a working iso can tell us what the correct MD5 is for the their ISO (or ISOs)? At least that way people can tell if they have the right one before asking about problems. Anyone have an MD5-list of different variants? I would volunteer an MD5 that I am seeing, but I don't know if it's a good ISO or not. Even an MD5 fragment would be appreciated...