osx86 10.4.4 dvd installer out in the open

hdavy2002

85 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am downloading Macosx861044InstallDVD1918344 torrent. It says hacked and is a install disk for ss3 processor. For Amd one needs to boot up with -s and do what maxsuss said for AMD.

Have anyone tested this new dvd. its 3.3 gig and its on the torrentzdotcom.

Does anyone have more details on this? It is prepatched for SSE3? Is it functioning as a Native install from the boot DVD without needing a prior install of 10.4.3? Am I totally out of the loop on this? Thanks :D

There is a 10.4.4 Install DVD at *D*e*m*o*n*o*i*d* that says

This DVD HAS patches for:

SSE2 OR SSE3

NX OR NO NX

Intel Processors

This DVD does NOT have patches for:

AMD Processors.

You NEED PAE to be able to run this.

You can find it if you go on an ISO Hunt :wink:

Ah, thank you sir! I got it from ISO hunt, but I didn't see that description there.

So I can install this natively from the DVD, without messing with my 10.4.3 partition??

Hello, i have downloaded and installed this morning the new 10.4.4 dvd patch, when you end patching your 10.4.4 original apple dvd image (you can patch it to use intel or amd), you get a full functional install disc, y tried it in 2 systems a intel 945 and a intel 915, and works flawless in both, i have to replace the appleHDA.kex in the 945 intel whit the one form 10.4.3, because i cannot get audio right. The only problem i found whit the install dvd is, if you format the hdd whit the disc utilites during the installation you dont get a normal dos partition table, so you cannot get the boot loader, the best you can do is. Boot 10.4.3 dvd, format hdd, bless it (i do it only as an extra, don't now if nessesary), and then boot 10.4.4 and tell it to install, in the partion, whitout format or repartition.

Also y modified the ati9700.kext, to give a try to mi X300, but i get stuck at 1024x768.

the patch could be download from piratebay search mac os 10.4.4. You need a working 10.4.3, to make the modified image and also, a original apple dvd.

If you have celeron D or pentium 4, SSE3 is better to downlaoad the kernel ppf patches from maxxuss website, so you can get a clean kernel, the one that is installed default, have sse2 emulator etc..

Ah, thank you sir! I got it from ISO hunt, but I didn't see that description there.

So I can install this natively from the DVD, without messing with my 10.4.3 partition??

I'm not sure.

In the descripcion at Demonoid it says that It doesn't require 10.4.3.

"You do NOT need 10.4.3 pre-installed for this iso to be usable."

He does warn against using the disks Disk utility

"NOTE, DO NOT use disk utility to create your partiton's. It WILL screw your HDD up like it did to mine. Use a *nix LiveCD + fdisk to set your partition's up(Type AF if you forgot). If you use Disk Utility, IT WILL SCREW YOUR COMPUTER UP TO THE POINT WHERE YOU NEED TO FORMAT THE ENTIRE HDD. Do NOT use Disk Utility."

Hope this helps!

I'm not sure.

In the descripcion at Demonoid it says that It doesn't require 10.4.3.

"You do NOT need 10.4.3 pre-installed for this iso to be usable."

He does warn against using the disks Disk utility

"NOTE, DO NOT use disk utility to create your partiton's. It WILL screw your HDD up like it did to mine. Use a *nix LiveCD + fdisk to set your partition's up(Type AF if you forgot). If you use Disk Utility, IT WILL SCREW YOUR COMPUTER UP TO THE POINT WHERE YOU NEED TO FORMAT THE ENTIRE HDD. Do NOT use Disk Utility."

Hope this helps!

in this case, use the 10.4.3 dvd, use the disk utility. then restart and use the 10.4.4 dvd to get it installed.

thank you everyone for clarification! Already downloading... ^_^

in this case, use the 10.4.3 dvd, use the disk utility. then restart and use the 10.4.4 dvd to get it installed.

Let's say that I did not have the 10.4.3 DVD, would following the instructions for creating the partition via linux work as well? I'll be trying this tonight and updating everyone here, but I'd at least like to get pointed in the right direction. Thanks ya'll.

This is from http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...a_new_partition which says:

Boot under Linux (with your current distro, or with a Live CD). At the prompt, find your disk and make a partition. (hda is your first disk, hdb second disk, hdc, etc. It is not a partition but a real full physical disk). Be sure to make a primary partition (one of the first 4) because extended partitions are not directly bootable in the standard partitionning scheme of PCs. (sucks :)

cfdisk /dev/hda

It's fairly easy to use cfdisk, just make a new partition of about 6.5 GB or more. Note down the number, like "hda2", go on the Type button, and change type to "AF" manually.

Changing the type manually means exactly that - when cfdisk asks you what type you want to be your new partition first press any key to get to the second screen and then type AF and press enter.

Go on write and write changes back to the disk. If you get a warning from cfdisk saying you should reboot, REBOOT NOW. Else, you can go on.

wow I had no idea that this sounds like a succes. I am at 85% download , downloading all night. About the partition problem. I have a question.

I have 3 partition. On my third partition is windows 2003. I work from that. My first partition had vista, but as soon as i installed 2003 on my last partition, vista dispeared from the boot.ini. Anyways, i want to install osx as my primary operating system on c:

So do you think that the disk utility will mess it up. Is there any to get a mac partition from windows, so that when i start the dvd I get is ready drive c:

I do not have 10.3.4 and I am on a slow bandwith.

Hello guys.

I've got this 10.4.4 Install DVD at *D*e*m*o*n*o*i*d* - I was downloading this file for 6 f..ing hours and today morning I burnt it on dvd and made an update - and everything is fine. I have 10.4.4 Tiger right now - great work guys and big THX for "someone" for this install dvd and Maxxuss for patch. My computer is on Centrino processor and my prewious system was 10.4.3.

Hello guys.

I've got this 10.4.4 Install DVD at *D*e*m*o*n*o*i*d* - I was downloading this file for 6 f..ing hours and today morning I burnt it on dvd and made an update - and everything is fine. I have 10.4.4 Tiger right now - great work guys and big THX for "someone" for this install dvd and Maxxuss for patch. My computer is on Centrino processor and my prewious system was 10.4.3.

I downloaded the 10.4.4 restore dvd and then the 40 mb patch(OSX10.4.4DVDPATCHER)

I followed the instructions to patch but my centrino notebook doesn't boot the patched dvd(hardware configuration error)

I don't understand whre is the issue. Is there another patch to use on it before to burn ?

thanks

I downloaded the 10.4.4 restore dvd and then the 40 mb patch(OSX10.4.4DVDPATCHER)

I followed the instructions to patch but my centrino notebook doesn't boot the patched dvd(hardware configuration error)

I don't understand whre is the issue. Is there another patch to use on it before to burn ?

Ok

There are 2 images [or maybe more] I have both of them.

First is a 10.4.4 restore dvd 4.2GB [this image needs to be patched] but I have not enought free space on my HDD to even try do something with it - anyway there is a solution how to apply patch for this image and it should be somewhere around - just check the forum.

So I downloaded second image osx86 install dvd 3.33GB rar archive - this is a patched 10.4.4 install dvd - and this one is working well on my centrino laptop.

So I downloaded second image osx86 install dvd 3.33GB rar archive - this is a patched 10.4.4 install dvd - and this one is working well on my centrino laptop.

So that means for any AMD users, we need to patch it for use with AMD CPU's? Or does it have support from both Intel & AMD?

Ok

There are 2 images [or maybe more] I have both of them...

Would this 3.3 install dvd let me just burn and install or would I still have to jump through a bunch hoops to get it going? (I got an intel SSE2 CPU.)

So that means for any AMD users, we need to patch it for use with AMD CPU's? Or does it have support from both Intel & AMD?

The Disk isn't patched for AMD so you need to patch it yourself.

Would this 3.3 install dvd let me just burn and install or would I still have to jump through a bunch hoops to get it going? (I got an intel SSE2 CPU.)

It says the disk is patched for SSE2 machines. No SSE2 Patches needed.