ASUS WiFi-AP Solo (wireless adapter)

spanakorizo

4 posts in this topic

This adaptor is actaully better known as a Realtek RTL8187 (atleast in my asus p5b deluxe wifi), and Realtek has the Mac driver for the external RTL8187 hardware versions, but it doesn't work with this integrated Asus version on a Mac.

Okay, I've just tried to get the integrated rtl8187 to work on my Asus P5B Wifi.

Apparently Kalyway's installation has the network driver for the Asus P5K and P5E mobo's, so if those works out of the box then you are settled.

As for me, it was close, but no cigar. This is for the people who has the same motherboard as I do:

I installed the drivers for the above, and the Realtek's Wifi software was available. The wifi card did not shown, and if Mac detected the wifi card, the Realtek software will ask you to

enable it. If you click the + button in the Network setting menu, you will see two 'Ethernet', the first one is the RTL8187, the second is the Marvell Yukon ethernet.

You can add the first 'Ethernet', but you'll have to enter your own manual IP and everything, I've tried some with not much luck since I really am not sure 100% what to put in the IP, Router and Domain section, and I couldn't get a constant signal. It actaully auto connected to my router in unsecured mode, but disconnected righ

away.

Then I installed the 10.5.2 and kernal patch, after that the Mac never detected the wifi card again. I did tried the RTL8187L's mac driver with no result.