Stop games from changing resolutions

Raynor

10 posts in this topic

My resolution is locked at 1280x1024. But whenever I install a new game they're always set to 800x600 or 1024x768 by default. So I can never get them up to change the settings.

I was wondering if anyone has any known fixes for this? Im new to osx. In windows you could just use a switch to tell the app what resolution to you. Can you use switches with osx apps?

no way , same ati,

the only way is to run the app by holding the COMMAND button (in my concerning CTRL like under windows XP) and ull have a windowed menu for games then choose ur resolution and once in the game change to 1280x1024 fullscreen :)

enjoy

The game would just go to a supported resolution. It's kinda the same concept as using Intel Integrated Graphics for something that requires a 4000x3000 (:D) resolution; no go. If you could get that 4000x3000 resolution game down to 1024x768, it'll work fine! :)

how can a game change the resolution if the system can't?:)

haha i know what you mean. thats the point the game cant do it. as in my system can do any resolution i need, i just need to specify when i boot up the computer. i cant switch it in the sys preferences>display. so when the game tries to goto default resolution it fails.

but it seems to be happening with almost any opengl app that tries to change the resolution. quake 3 gives me a failed to initialize opengl for some odd reason, the window seems to open but when it looks like it gets to the point to switch to the game it fails.

ill keep playing around tho. thanks for the help so far! :D

Hmm, it's like in UT2004, it only lets me use 1024x768, but I get around it by changing it to 800x600 windowed in the UT2004.ini file, although my computer can handle 1024x768 maxed settings, I put it at 800x600 windowed because if I use fullscreen, the mouse cursor is messed up after I quit.