8800GTS(G92) 1GB Version NOT 512mb - WORKS

jxa4508

5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I currently have an MSI 8800GTS 512mb (G92) edition that works great in OSX Leopard with the v. 1.41 kext installer. Now I just purchased this card the 8800GTS 1GB (G92) edition that is made by Palit, the link to the card is here, does anyone know if this thing will work in OSX Leopard or if there is a certain kext I need to change to give it 1GB support? I think it was showing my vram with the 512mb card as like 771 anyways, all I could care about is having dual monitor support and 1680X1050 resolutions like I have now. I have a feeling it will work out of the box, but I figured I would ask before I start plugging things in.

Old 512MB Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814127314

New 1GB Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...Palit%2b8800gts

EDIT: This card works out of the box if you install the 512mb 8800GTS (g92) Kext from NVinject installer (the newest one) How this works is, the card is labeled as the 8800GTS (G92) 512mb, comes up like that in windows, but Palit, just put an additional 512mb on the card, and the card manages that extra 512mb of ram, it is still classified as the 8800GTS (G92) 512mb. Get this thing, its fricken insane haha

Ok that makes sense, thanks for the help with that guys, What is the easiest way to edit the plist file for NVinject.kext? I'm assuming there is a little how-to floating around on either insanelymac or NVinject forums? Anyone want to give me a quick rundown of the easiest way to do it?

THIS CARD WORKS OUT OF THE BOX, All I did was take out my 512mb MSI and put in this 1024 Palit and I didn't have to touch anything software wise, works in ubuntu, OSX Leopard and Vista....now its just figuring out this 771MB problem lol ( I think mac thinks it is still a 512mb card)