Dual boot with Acronis Bootloader

QQFan

13 posts in this topic

I think this is the easiest way

1. Install the MAC 10..4.3

2. Install the arconis bootloader in your windows

3. Reboot your pc, the boot loader will display the options to boot to windows or Unknow which is your MAC OS, you can modify this to your favorite name and icon :whistle:

enjoy

I use Acronis 9. I have found that you can really do it in any order. I started with XP installed, with Acronis already active. Then I installed OS X... In the process, the OS X install messed with my MBR, so I just had to boot into Windows XP afterwards, and run the Acronis OS selector utility to make the bootloader Active again. (basically fix whaterver OS X install broke :D ) After that, it worked 100% :dev:

Got me... I do know that I had to mess with the settings to adjust the mouse and the timeout before booting the default system. Have you played with those settings? It runs very snappily for me :D The mouse does move a bit fast though. (it also will let you change screen resolutions if that helps) :D

Yes! If it works for you (I see people having problems) Look at my signature below. I have OS X on its own ATA drive, and XP on a SATA drive. Acronis works great!

Acronis (OS selector 8) F#$ked up my Windows Drive! It (acronis) was resizing the widows partition and froze at the very end. I let it go all night. In the morning that resizing screen was still there. I pushed the reset button and now my windows drive won't boot. Anybody else have this problem?

Acronis (OS selector 8) F#$ked up my Windows Drive! It (acronis) was resizing the widows partition and froze at the very end. I let it go all night. In the morning that resizing screen was still there. I pushed the reset button and now my windows drive won't boot. Anybody else have this problem?

If you made a backup copy of the partition table before resizing (onto an external drive), you can restore that and get your partitions back to normal.

Thanks Mk14.

Unfortunately I did not make this back-up. I did however find out why Acronis OS Selector was not working for me. I use a KVM switch to switch between my built in graphics card(for OS X) and my add in card. (geforce 6600 for my Windows install) For some reason the KVM switch causes Acronis to freeze up. I have installed Acronis after unhooking the KVM completely, and everything works as it should. Oh well, I have not booted into windows for weeks now so i'm not to conerned about my loss of everything on that drive.

so i'm not to conerned about my loss of everything on that drive.

Actually, you didn't loose your data - it is still there, your operating system just doesn't know where on the hard drive to find it. There are several tools to re-create the partition table by examining the structure of your hard drive. If you want your data back, DO NOT try to format or create new partitions.

Wow...thanks for the suggestion of the Ultimate Boot CD. I like the Acronis OS selector, but I do seem to have problems with it.

Right now I get the crazy error message of no OS to load when I know there's both Windows XP & OS X on there.

I'll try the UBCD.

• 2 weeks later...