Drivers For Realtek, Sigmatel, Cmedia, Analog Devices (SoundMAX) and Conexant.

machead5678

241 posts in this topic

Great initiative, however it does not work on my setup.

Dell GX270 w/Soundmax AC'97. It's a 865G motherboard with 8280/ICH5 chips in addition to audio.

Vendor 8086, Device 24D5 I think.

Install is Leopard XxX 10.5.6 Rev.1

It claims "No Audio Device Found" in Audio window + System Profiler

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: Found another kext called AppleAC97Audio, and used kext helper to install (google for it to find it). Note that you have to drag in the unzipped folder structure, not the kext.zip file itself that you should also be able to find somewhere else. As others mention, it is really only a partial solution - it allows stereo output from the mic input(!). Other outputs don't work, and obviously not mic either. That said, for me this is enough.

(Mostly note to self below, or if someone else have similar experience...)

Now the next quest is to get a good graphic solution in place....looks like I'm out of luck on my 865G chipset, after EXTENSIVE searching, so I'll have to look for another card. Since my machine only accepts AGP and I found an installer that supposedly works with ATI 2400Pro AGP cards, that is probably what I'll end up getting.

• 2 weeks later...

hiiii, thanks a lot. my intel mac OSX 10.4.8 sound output is finally started working after installing your driver but input is not working with this driver. i am very happy thanks a lot. :)

please let me know if some one can help me to fix my sound input device. :)

Deepak.

hi, i'd like to install MAC OS X tiger 10.4.8 on my laptop. it's a SONY VAIO VGN-NS12M.which iso would you recommend me ? thanks.

sony vaio => intel core 2 t5800

ati radeon mobility HD 3430

AC97

hddisk, camera and optical drive work well with leopard.with leopard, the cpu heats a lot!! wifi doesn't work not even sound!

many thanks.

hi, i'd like to install MAC OS X tiger 10.4.8 on my laptop. it's a SONY VAIO VGN-NS12M.which iso would you recommend me ? thanks.

sony vaio => intel core 2 t5800

ati radeon mobility HD 3430

AC97

hddisk, camera and optical drive work well with leopard.with leopard, the cpu heats a lot!!

many thanks.

I have the problem at Asus A8J with select a driver for my audio device:

>> 00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 02)

Under XP I use SounMax driver. But under Mac OSX 10.5.6 i just understand that i must use some Analog Devices driver but its not working.

Is somebody fix the problem like this?

Not working for me. Enables the sound control, but no output from any port (including line out)

DEll 9200c / XPS 210

Intel C2D 2.66

Distro XxX LEO 10.5.6

Ubuntu dump:

Codec: Conexant ID 2bfa

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x14f12bfa

Subsystem Id: 0x14f100c3

Revision Id: 0x90000

Modem Function Group: 0x2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.....New to Mac but a wiz at PC .from what ive read in this topic.....looks like theirs no fix for SigmaTel 9227 .....been reading for the pass weeks for a fix ....no audio...but speaker symbol shows on top as if it is working :) ....... Please any help?

spec are:

Core 2 Quad Q6600

intel D975BX2

PC6400 800 4gigs RAM

1 sata 500gig OSX 10.5.6 (Upgraded from iATKOS v5i.. Apple updates and it worked :angry2: )

1 sata 500gig WINDOW 7

2 sata DvD

Hi,

I have a driver for Realtek, Sigmatel, Cmedia, Analog Devices (SoundMAX) and Conexant.

I have a SoundMAX (Analog Devices) card and it works perfectly.

I am running Mac OS X 10.4.8 (Tiger).

Please comment if it works.

All you have to do is download the attatchment. Unzip it and install it.

It got my SoundMAX card working with mac.

Thanks, Machead

You guys are the best, I have been trying to get the sound working on 10.5.6 for a week now and this download fixed it ! Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...