Worth buying a iphone now?

bigosx86noob

41 posts in this topic

You guys are lucky to have the iPhone...us unfortunate folk up in Canada have been left out in the cold (no pun intended, hehe). Anyways, I solved this problem by getting one from the US and unlocking it....problem solved! Too bad lots of people in Canada have no idea how to do that! :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

I would wait, its only a few weeks from now i wouldnt want to miss out on 3g a better camera and possibly GPS, about canada; Rogers released a memo around a week ago saying that they will get it in the upcomming weeks.

i went onto the apple store a few days ago and asked one of the mac people there about a new iphone and the said its almost deffinately happening soon and i should wait( i was gona anyway). thanks all for your input.

Haha, they arent supposed to talk about any new products.

I'm also from Canada and think it's ridiculous we don't have the iPhone yet...and I don't really want to wait any longer to get probably get ripped off by Rogers on it anyway.

My plan was to wait for the second generation to come out and go down south to get one and unlock it. Will the new one actually be much better, and will it cost much more?

I'm also from Canada and think it's ridiculous we don't have the iPhone yet...and I don't really want to wait any longer to get probably get ripped off by Rogers on it anyway.

My plan was to wait for the second generation to come out and go down south to get one and unlock it. Will the new one actually be much better, and will it cost much more?

Rogers has confirmed the iPhone will be sold in Canada later this year, and rumors say that it will come with very reasonable data rates.

i agree, the new rumored designs don't look as good. But if it includes 3G and GPS, i don't mind. Either way, though. If you wait for the new one, the old one will be cheaper! I have to agree, the old/current iPhone is gorgeous.

Come on ppl.

Apple is going to make it better. It is a must.

They're not going to make a crappy version of what they are selling 20,000 units a day.

Also, I think the price will be a bit lower than the old $599 iPhone.

Why? If iPhone is $599 again, would you buy it? knowing that there will be a price

drop in the next 2 months?

well, my guess is that this time, there will be no price drop(or very low), because the iphone will be sold the day 1(or so) around the world with others carriers than AT&T and apple would have less control on the price to the end user