New 9.2.2 ToH kernel

50 posts in this topic

do I have to repair permissions before reboot ?

IDK what to do ... This kernel from "bay" doesn't work for me ... (see my specs) I've tried "terminal method" and PCWIZ kernel installer, and neither of them worked ...

What I get is constant reboot (even grey apple doesn't appear on screen) ...

Yeah this is not caused by the kernel installation process itself, but its because the kernel is incompatible with your system. Just thought I'd clarify that :P

I've got some USB issues as well, my wireless mouse first stopped working but does work now when I try other ports on my laptop. My digital camera doesn't seem to show up and the same goes for my external HD.

I need to do some more extensive testing, but USB is just acting a bit weird so far lol.

I have the same issues with USB, it only works when the devices are connected before boot.

If the devices are connected later, i could initialize them by un-/loading the AppleUSBOHCI driver.

But the biggest problem with the new kernel was, that every 60 minutes the system do an hard reset.

So now I went back to the old but stable kernel.

All these problems you are quoting might be solved by installing the Time Machine update (which has a few system files related to storage and backup issues), and then replacing the kernel before rebooting by the 9.2.2 patched one.

It seems the new 9.2.2 kernel works better with the new system files that it came with in the update...

Simply putting in the kernel seems to cause some problems, but I have not tested the kernel on its own.

I installed the TM update, then copied the patched kernel before reboot, repaired permissions etc...

So far for me it works this way.

My only little moan is that it breaks the VMWare native boot from XP, but then you cant always have it all...

Ditto!!!

I also installed this it NO shuting down my computer. And No iPod connect to iTunes. Also going back to old 9.2.0 kernel

I installed this kernel but now I have problems shuting down my computer. Did this happened to anyone?

And my iPod refuses to connect correctly to iTunes. Going back to old 9.2.0 kernel.

All these problems you are quoting might be solved by installing the Time Machine update (which has a few system files related to storage and backup issues), and then replacing the kernel before rebooting by the 9.2.2 patched one.

This worked, thanks! =D

All the USB issues are because the kernel is being updated, but the system.kext no longer matches (9.2.2 version number). I experience this all the time when using different versions of kernels versus the System.kext version. Simple fix is to find the update that has the System.kext that matches your kernel and install/repair permissions and reboot. There is a thread on this here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry655004

Thanks for the info on the new kernel :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Intel Pentium 4 Prescott. This kernel doesn't work for me. At boot, I get numerous errors, ending in one final diskarb error that prevents the system from booting.

Even though I ran the TimeMachine update, the 9.2.0 kernel still works fine with the newer system files. Until a better kernel is released, I'll stick to the old one.

Maybe your problem is caused by the lack of the SSE3?

This kernel is "mach_9.2.2_IntelSSE3.EFI"

I have an Intel Pentium 4 Prescott. This kernel doesn't work for me. At boot, I get numerous errors, ending in one final diskarb error that prevents the system from booting.

All the USB issues are because the kernel is being updated, but the system.kext no longer matches (9.2.2 version number). I experience this all the time when using different versions of kernels versus the System.kext version. Simple fix is to find the update that has the System.kext that matches your kernel and install/repair permissions and reboot. There is a thread on this here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry655004

Thanks for the info on the new kernel ;)

very true jolly, thanks for pointing that out. usb issues gonne.