New 9.2.2 ToH kernel

50 posts in this topic

well lord...we all begun with this once right?Don't be so hard on him :P

This is actually much simpler than you might think.

1.) Get the new kernel you want to install.

2.) Open up Terminal.app in /Application/Utilities (and enter the following commands:)

3.) Code: cd /

4.) Code: sudo mv mach_kernel mach_kernel_bak (This renames the current to mach_kernel_bak in case you need it later)

5.) Using Finder (GUI) drop your new mach_kernel into the root directory (/) of your OSx86 installation.

6.) Back in the teriminal execute the following to set the permission correctly on the new kernel:

Code: sudo chown -R root:wheel mach_kernel ; sudo chmod -R 755 mach_kernel

7.) Reboot

That's it.

Here the original link (You'll need to register)

Thx bofors for the simple way :P

Hope it works for you!

~iXeno~

if you ask such a question you should think about using a Hack.int.osh anyway ...

What would you say if someone else told this to you? Looking at your profile doesn't seem to show an Osx86 Guru, or don't you ask any questions?

before you replace kernel a good idea would be to test it 1st with a very simple way

just rename it to something else (mach_kernel_test) and paste it in root (tha path you have when you double click at your mac hd)

then at darwin bootloader boot with: mach_kernel_test (type this)

if it boots and everything is ok then you can replace the original mach_kernel with the new one

on Leo4All v2, there was a vanilla kernel 9.2.2 option to install....would i need this at all?

You need to install this if your PC does not support Vanilla Kernels, or if you want SpeedStep.

BTW For me any of those 2 kernels have a failure, if I run JAVA it gives a BUS ERROR.

well lord...we all begun with this once right?Don't be so hard on him :P

This is actually much simpler than you might think.

1.) Get the new kernel you want to install.

2.) Open up Terminal.app in /Application/Utilities (and enter the following commands:)

3.) Code: cd /

4.) Code: sudo mv mach_kernel mach_kernel_bak (This renames the current to mach_kernel_bak in case you need it later)

5.) Using Finder (GUI) drop your new mach_kernel into the root directory (/) of your OSx86 installation.

6.) Back in the teriminal execute the following to set the permission correctly on the new kernel:

Code: sudo chown -R root:wheel mach_kernel ; sudo chmod -R 755 mach_kernel

7.) Reboot

That's it.

Here the original link (You'll need to register)

Thx bofors for the simple way ;)

Hope it works for you!

~iXeno~

Hi Mate,

Thanx for that.  Although your method above didn't work, I used the other instructions from that link you gave which worked like a charm.  It was:

1. Get the kernel

2. Rename the new kernel to mach_kernel.base and place it at root

3. Backup your current kernel, type in Terminal:

cp /mach_kernel /mach_kernel.old

3. Type below in Terminal:

sudo chown root:wheel /mach_kernel.base

sudo chmod 644 /mach_kernel.base

cp /mach_kernel.base /mach_kernel

4. Reboot

I now run 9.2.2 kernel  :)

You need to install this if your PC does not support Vanilla Kernels, or if you want SpeedStep.

BTW For me any of those 2 kernels have a failure, if I run JAVA it gives a BUS ERROR.

hello,

does the leo4all release include the last Time machine and airport update containing also the system.kext that works with the new 9.2.2 kernel ?

Because, I have successfully installed the TM & aiport update with pacifist on my pentium D except kernel and used the ToH kernel.

thaks

fred

hello,

does the leo4all release include the last Time machine and airport update containing also the system.kext that works with the new 9.2.2 kernel ?

Because, I have successfully installed the TM & aiport update with pacifist on my pentium D except kernel and used the ToH kernel.

thaks

fred

yes

Well am pleased to say that I could install all updates including the TM/Airport one with this patched kernel.

Well done, respect and thanks to whoever did it,

it works like a charm on my P4 SSE3 HTT hpet w/ ATI x1600 AGP pro 512 MB radeon :)

in fact system is faster than ever, but i didnt test TM as I do not use it...

and i have no idea how it improved airport, airport worked fine before, and still works fine after (i have a wifi broadcom 4320 which is recognised as Airport)

long time I didn't post in here ;)

do I have to repair permissions before reboot ?

IDK what to do ... This kernel from "bay" doesn't work for me ... (see my specs) I've tried "terminal method" and PCWIZ kernel installer, and neither of them worked ...

What I get is constant reboot (even grey apple doesn't appear on screen) ...

I am using the Kalyway ISO. I didn't have to repair permissions, but it doesn't hurt to do so.

This update fixed shutdown and USB Drive auto-mount and unmount for me. The only problem now is getting sleep to work.