COD 4 to mac

lithium06

48 posts in this topic

really... cod 2 runes fine (everything all the way up) on my mac... its a 2ghz c2d 1 gig of ram and ati 1600xt 128mb... and thats hardly a high end mac...

r u running 1.3?

on topic: i can't wait for this... is it cracked all ready? I don't think the cod series is worth paying for lol... not my favirote but i like the single player... and i play on the cracked servers once in a while

It won't but they are still horrible coders. Even CoD 2 is still running like {censored} on high end Mac when there is lots of smoke.

Quake4 runs amazingly well on OSX.

Why ? Because it's an OpenGL game right from the beginning and made for Linux which is pretty close to OSX (thanks to the Doom 3 engine).

But COD is a D3D game, not even out for Linux, so expect it to run like {censored} compared to its windows counterpart.

Awesome...still won't matter to me because of my awesome Intel 950GMA card.....Why does intel have to make such insanely great video cards that can play any game well?

At first, i didn't see the bit in bold, then i did sadly, LOL...

COD4 Is awesome, though PC's still get assassins creed....

Think Mark

Why ? Because it's an OpenGL game right from the beginning and made for Linux which is pretty close to OSX (thanks to the Doom 3 engine).

But COD is a D3D game, not even out for Linux, so expect it to run like {censored} compared to its windows counterpart.

Doom 3 is not 'made' for Linux. Its made for Windows/Linux/OSX in mind equally. Now stop being a baby and wait until the game is actually out before bashing it.

You obviously didn't understand what I was saying : of course it was made for WINDOWS in mind too, that's why I only said LINUX, because it was obvious.

I'm not sure it was made with OSX in mind considering how long they took to put out the Mac version of Quake 4 / Doom 3 / Prey after the linux/windows version.

Yeah sure I'm a baby : i'm bashing it because EVERY D3D to OpenGL port Aspyr have made has BAD performances compared to its windows counterpart. Just like Guitar Hero 3, CoD 2, Neverwinter Nights 2 to name a few.

So yeah i'm expecting CoD 4 to be a bad port. If it isn't, I guess Aspyr would have finally heard OUR complains. Yes, you read right, it seems i'm NOT the only one blaming Aspyr there. Oh and why do you think Asypr stop porting Tomb Raider games for Mac and now Feral is ?

the first ever public demonstration of Doom 3 was showed at Macworld. Generally what happens with id games is id produces all the code but doesn't actually release the game, they let the publisher do it (in this case Aspyr)

• 4 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGo0_lAk9oY

Runs decently enough via Wine within Ubuntu.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...