I can access staff forums and.....

37 posts in this topic

Well, it looks like an administration slip up...

I can access staff forums, but that's not the worst part; the forum will close down. I have pics below. I will also quote the whole conversation.

ohmaiyq5.jpg

nooosn9.jpg

Note to all Administrators/Moderators: It is not my fault that these became public. Sorry, but I think people need to know about this.

Convo:

So... how are we going to break it to everyone that we're closing down?

I mean, do we make a big frontpage news post about it, and leave a closing date? Or do we just put up a notice and remove all forum access?

I guess the first would be better - they have a right to know.

Opinions and thoughts?

- Sabr.

Well I can see that you have already cleared the staff forums. I would probably make a front page news post and give everyone a day or so to say goodbye. Man this sucks. Hats off to a good run guys! :P (Numberzz)

:D:):) Is any vacant for a moderator some elsewhere? (macgirl)

O_O

O_O

O_O

So can someone fill me in on why this is happening???

(REVENGE)

I say we just keep it going to the last minute & disappear without trace.. less drama, less hassle, and the most benefit to the users for the longest. (not to mention that we avoid the endless debates from all the usual suspects) (Hagar)

woot?!

i thought that only regolar user deserved a joke today! (lord_muad_dib)

Yep, We just go down instantly. People will think the forum is having downtime. (Suhail)

I'm not for this way of acting, I think it's more honest and respectful to notice users about it.

Sure there will be some noise but it won't last long anyway, since the decision is made.

Off topic edit : Just wanted to thank everybody, it was a great experience, and good luck for your new projects. (krazubu)

If anyone needs help with any PHP/MySQL Related issues then let me know :)

It's been nice being part of the Team (Suhail)

So it's been decided then. We are shutting down? Any idea of when this is happening?

I like Hagars idea of just going all of a sudden but as funny as it seems we really should give members some notice.

And I too want to thank all the staff for all the help they've given when I've needed it. :) (Mebster)

Do we have a deadline for when we should pack our bags and leave? (Suhail)

Wow, did you guys really miss me that much? I leave for a day and now you're shutting down the forum? :P (Colonel)

Didn't you get Eds PM to all the staff?

I'll forward it to you if you want.

PS: And Colonel, were you away? Didn't notice any change in the Front Page News and Rumors, which is why I didn't notice you being away. Sorry :P (Mebster)

Regards,

MoC

I hope this isn't real.

I hope this is just an April Fools Joke.

Oh snap :P

EDIT:

By changing the Topic ID To the one you provided i gained access to the Staff Forum.

Its atm is looking real.

This sucks :D

Real topic link:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry692082

Should i post to digg?

Area 51 Link:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showforum=158

i'm still trying to connect to that ftp site

IP: 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

but whatever ip i'm trying, it's just not working.

damn that 'connection refused'!

do you guys have any solution?

:poster_spam:

what a day... we definately need 'suhails' expertise here ;)

LOL. this has to be a joke. And yes, it could have been posted yesterday in preparation for today. Its easy to let all the Mods, and Admins in on it, and they follow along.

As for the deletions, kind of interesting that they happened right now. And I know if I was an admin of a forum like this, and I "accidentally" deleted all the topics in a forum, specially Staff forum, I would be working my butt off to put them all back.. :)

As for the deletions, kind of interesting that they happened right now. And I know if I was an admin of a forum like this, and I "accidentally" deleted all the topics in a forum, specially Staff forum, I would be working my butt off to put them all back.. smile.gif

I am guessing the deletion is staged. That isn't the real forum for mods.

I have a strange feeling it isn't real. Did it just so happen that he cleared the mod list on April Fools day? All of the posts in there are from today. AND One of the members of the tech team posted an invalid IP address that is LOCAL. They wouldn't have done that. if he is part of the tech team, he would know how to port forward. It is staged

Ok jigs up. Yes it was an April Fools Joke.

But some of the replies I got were just real funny. I got loads of messages about it and some were just funny

First the FTP about Kexts. Yes I know it was a local IP, geez I do work with networking everyday and it was put there to see what who would actually try it. IT'S NOT A REAL FTP !!!

Secondly about the topics going missing, this was the most obvious clue. I had people PM'ing me telling me how to restore IPB backups and such. Cummon guys and gals. I know perfectly well how IPB works (Function and Code wise) and was all part of the April Fools joke.

Thirdly, We will never close down and we are fully legal with Apple's Legal Team. We follow all the rules and do not directly endorse or supply links to OSX86 or copyrighted stuff. Of course there will be the odd torrent lying around but if the staff see it then consider the thread/post gone.

Lessons Learned: Prepare better for April Fools Day. Also make myself clear about who I am so I don't have a hundred PM's teaching me on how to use IPB :)

Happy April Fools Everyone

OMG you mean we're not closing down?

I can't believe us Mods feel for it! :)

PS: Nice to see the community care so much. And all of you who sent me PMs asking me to work on your site, sorry but it seems I'm still needed here to be the voice of reason (=anti-Numberzz).

PS: Nice to see the community care so much. And all of you who sent me PMs asking me to work on your site, sorry but it seems I'm still needed here to be the voice of reason (=anti-Numberzz).

Err.

1. As you know, I didn't even write that story.

2. Suhail told me to approve that story in a few hours, which I did.

3. I received a lot of PMs asking if it was real and I deleted a lot of posts who said it was fake to keep the Fools as long as possible. That story was posted at around 7:00AM(-8GMT) and it was posted around 10:00AM. I did what Suhail told me to do.