How to change Sil 3132 driver to work Sil 3114 card?

robertr

2 posts in this topic

I have REALLY searched the forums but without any concrete results.

Can someone please help me or point me to a tutorial dealing with Sil 3114 SATA card.

I know there are some modofications I need to do to the Sil 3132 driver but I just can't figure it out on my own...

.. too much of noob .. :huh:

I know there are people who has it working.

If someone could point me to a tutorial or just give me som concrete instructions I would be really, really happy and grateful.

• 2 weeks later...

You won't need any extra drivers - the 3114 card will work with OS X's built-in ViaATA.kext. You have to modify the kext to add your device ID etc., but it will then work - ish. I had two 3114 cards with 4 ports each, but unfortunately only two of the the ports would work on each of the cards. Furthermore, while the cards support my 320gb drives, apparently they won't recognize the 750gb drives I am switching to. Sorry I don't have the instructions anymore, but maybe try googling insanelymac 3114 viaata.kext and hopefully you'll stumble across the same instructions I did.

Unfortunately, I now have to look for a card that will support large drives and work under OS X... I have a SiI 3132 based one in my PCI-E slot, but I still need another one and it will have to be straight PCI.