Would You Buy A New Mac Today

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Mac Or No Mac (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Would You Buy A Current Mac Computer

1. Yep i love the style (27 votes [64.29%])

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

2. Nope i love the OS only (9 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

3. Never im waiting for apple to release the OS for everyday x86 users (6 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Krom

Krom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi just wanted to get a feel for the OS X x86 users opinions on apple and the newer hardware

jbjonas

jbjonas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Interests:OSx86 ;-) <br />Networking<br />VW<br />Electronica<br />Cosmol...
I think this poll needs another option. For those like me, who are thinking about buying a real Mac, but are waiting for the new hardware to 'settle down' and for Apple to release an actual Desktop - G5 type Tower version that can actually support hardware upgrades... :gathering:

cyrana

cyrana

Prophetess of Doom

• Retired
  • 1,462 posts
Don't forget about this existing poll if you've not yet answered it. :angry:

http://forum.osx86pr...?showtopic=6804

R. Bear Helms

R. Bear Helms

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
No paying a computer company to sell me a product with a TPM chip. Boycott on my behalf.

I can countenance DRM chips in music players, but when OS components themselves are encrypted and can decide to not work by some means outside my control, I don't want any part of it.

mindslip

mindslip

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
The only thing good about Mac hardware is the "sexiness" of the design. From a value point of view, power, speed, etc. it plain sucks. I got an Asus mobo and 3.4ghz P4 (not celeron, not mobile) for $280 cdn and put it in a $100 case (Antec Aria) and spent $120 on Kingston memory.... need I say more. PowerMac my tush.

nevermind1331

nevermind1331

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
actually, maybe its just me but i happen to find the imac reasonably priced......well, more so than the rest of their lineup
considering the fact that core duo costs them about 300 (i think i read that somewhere) 17 inch screen, serial ata hard drive, a decent graphics card, and the best os, all for 1200, not bad really....

SenVa

SenVa

InsanelyMac Protg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:OSx86.....that was a hard one.....
I dislike the tpm chip but, if it was removed and I wasn't a poor high school student I would buy the second gen x86 macs. (never buy first generation products...)

But because of the tpm chips... I'm just going to bootleg it... and wait for Hiaku OS to finish.

Pu7o

Pu7o

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 351 posts
I just did, two days ago. Happily posting this from a brand-new iMac Core Duo ;).

Sabr

Sabr

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts
I'm waiting until I can go out and buy the OS Install Disc from the shops, and install it on my PC... (However, I feel that'll only happen when pigs fly ;))

A Nonny Moose

A Nonny Moose

Proud PPC User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

I think this poll needs another option. For those like me, who are thinking about buying a real Mac, but are waiting for the new hardware to 'settle down' and for Apple to release an actual Desktop - G5 type Tower version that can actually support hardware upgrades... :)

The G5 can be upgraded processor wise (it's on a daughtercard like the G4 tower if I remember it right). It's just that no upgrades exist yet.

bjr1028

bjr1028

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Apple's lineup has more holes than a piece of swiss cheese. To be honest, Apple has not released a desktop I like since my Blue and White G3. They look really cool, but I want something more functional.

The G5 can be upgraded processor wise (it's on a daughtercard like the G4 tower if I remember it right). It's just that no upgrades exist yet.

The fans are coded to the specific processor speed. You'd have to reprogram them to switch the processor.

-.-

-.-

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
I bought one of the pre-intel powerbooks a few months back and I like it. To answer the estion about current macs yes dedinately would get a 19 or 20 inch (whatever they come in) of the new ones.

edit; no I take that back, just looked at the price, no I won't be buying one because it costs twice what it is worth! :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy