Krom

Mac Or No Mac  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Buy A Current Mac Computer

• Yep i love the style
    • Nope i love the OS only
    • Never im waiting for apple to release the OS for everyday x86 users

12 posts in this topic

I think this poll needs another option. For those like me, who are thinking about buying a real Mac, but are waiting for the new hardware to 'settle down' and for Apple to release an actual Desktop - G5 type Tower version that can actually support hardware upgrades... :gathering:

The only thing good about Mac hardware is the "sexiness" of the design. From a value point of view, power, speed, etc. it plain sucks. I got an Asus mobo and 3.4ghz P4 (not celeron, not mobile) for $280 cdn and put it in a $100 case (Antec Aria) and spent $120 on Kingston memory.... need I say more. PowerMac my tush.

actually, maybe its just me but i happen to find the imac reasonably priced......well, more so than the rest of their lineup

considering the fact that core duo costs them about 300 (i think i read that somewhere) 17 inch screen, serial ata hard drive, a decent graphics card, and the best os, all for 1200, not bad really....

I dislike the tpm chip but, if it was removed and I wasn't a poor high school student I would buy the second gen x86 macs. (never buy first generation products...)

But because of the tpm chips... I'm just going to bootleg it... and wait for Hiaku OS to finish.

I think this poll needs another option. For those like me, who are thinking about buying a real Mac, but are waiting for the new hardware to 'settle down' and for Apple to release an actual Desktop - G5 type Tower version that can actually support hardware upgrades... :)

The G5 can be upgraded processor wise (it's on a daughtercard like the G4 tower if I remember it right). It's just that no upgrades exist yet.

Apple's lineup has more holes than a piece of swiss cheese. To be honest, Apple has not released a desktop I like since my Blue and White G3. They look really cool, but I want something more functional.

The G5 can be upgraded processor wise (it's on a daughtercard like the G4 tower if I remember it right). It's just that no upgrades exist yet.

The fans are coded to the specific processor speed. You'd have to reprogram them to switch the processor.

I bought one of the pre-intel powerbooks a few months back and I like it. To answer the estion about current macs yes dedinately would get a 19 or 20 inch (whatever they come in) of the new ones.

edit; no I take that back, just looked at the price, no I won't be buying one because it costs twice what it is worth! :(